Author Topic: Has anyone vacationed in St Marteen before?  (Read 7233 times)

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
Has anyone vacationed in St Marteen before?
« on: March 21, 2011, 12:22:46 PM »
I thought this pic was photoshopped, but again I realized it's St Marteen island. the beach and the airport are separated by a fence.....beach goers always lineup to experience the full power of a 747 taking off......this island is famous for having airplanes on top of your head while at the beach...I bet it's fun

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: Has anyone vacationed in St Marteen before?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 12:36:57 PM »
Yes, vacationed there.. they sell nice rolex knockoffs for $40

erokyrwrld

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 01:01:22 PM »
Not the best "beach" island though they do have some nice ones here and there.  Renting a car is a must.  A main road runs the etire outline of the island so you can see everything in just a couple hours.  Was a little pricier than other islands, and it seems to be geared mostly towards cruise ships.  I prefer the Dominican - cheaper, better beaches.   

dude

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 02:51:57 PM »
 Yes. 62 In ALL. Out Of 206.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 05:12:19 PM »
Just got back from there in Feb.  My parents have a timeshare next to that beach.  The bar is called sunset bar, and it's always packed.  they have a surfboard with the landing time and type of all the planes.  the are actually making the runway longer because of those KLM and Air France planes.  I actually watched a dude and his luggage get blown into the water.  It is brutal, I tried to stand behind it once and got sand blasted.  One year, while I was in college, my dad told me some young kid my age(at the time) threw a football at the cockpit of the plane.  The pilot about thirty minutes later came down and identified him, and they put him in jail the rest of his stay and then sent him home at the end of the week.  Place is awesome.  I go every year.  Go to Dollar Thrifty and talk to Vic, he will rent you a car for $160 for the week.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 05:18:09 PM »
Before what?
U

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 06:08:29 PM »
St. Maarten is awesome...I am biased of course because my family is from there.....I love the beaches and you can sit in the water and watch fishes swim around you.....can't wait to get back there again....

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 06:25:20 PM »
I live there, what do you want to know?
Traffic jams from the airport are awful, especially since it's the only road leading to town (unless you go through the french side)
And it's not St.Maarteen!! But St.Maarten!!!!!!!! Don't know why all the americans keep calling it Marteen?
When renting a car also try to adhere to the traffic rules instead of blasting onto the roundabouts where you didn't have right of way. Always the same people who just enter a roundabout as if it's Russian Roulette time...  >:(

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 06:27:22 PM »
I live there, what do you want to know?
Traffic jams from the airport are awful, especially since it's the only road leading to town (unless you go through the french side)

were you born there?

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 06:27:53 PM »
St. Maarten is awesome...I am biased of course because my family is from there.....I love the beaches and you can sit in the water and watch fishes swim around you.....can't wait to get back there again....

Who is your family? Where do they live? I live in Cole Bay, work in Cay Hill

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 06:28:51 PM »
Crazy pics.
a

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 06:30:23 PM »
No, born in Suriname, raised in Holland, work here now

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 06:32:26 PM »
a few more
a

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 06:36:15 PM »
In the 90's there was no seperation between the beach and the road and some cars parked behind the planes just because they were too lazy to park somewhere else not heeding the sign not to park behind the planes and it happened more then once that the fire department had to come to the beach to help take out the cars that were blown into the sea by Air France or KLM. Since then they made the road so narrow that you can't park there anymore otherwise you would block the traffic. You can see it clear on the first picture. On the last picture is how it used to be. Those yellow license plates are from the 90's I think or early 2000

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 06:37:39 PM »
a few more

Doesn't look like a relaxing beach
:-\
:

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 06:39:12 PM »

Doesn't look like a relaxing beach
:-\

35 other beaches to choose from. People go here to look at the airplanes or to wave to their friends taking off when the planes are taxi-ing to it's take off position

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 09:33:37 PM »
Just got back from there in Feb.  My parents have a timeshare next to that beach.  The bar is called sunset bar, and it's always packed.  they have a surfboard with the landing time and type of all the planes.  the are actually making the runway longer because of those KLM and Air France planes.  I actually watched a dude and his luggage get blown into the water.  It is brutal, I tried to stand behind it once and got sand blasted.  One year, while I was in college, my dad told me some young kid my age(at the time) threw a football at the cockpit of the plane.  The pilot about thirty minutes later came down and identified him, and they put him in jail the rest of his stay and then sent him home at the end of the week.  Place is awesome.  I go every year.  Go to Dollar Thrifty and talk to Vic, he will rent you a car for $160 for the week.

shit, I gotta go there either this summer or winter time

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 07:22:19 AM »

R

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 07:32:56 AM »
The place is awesome! My wife and I go every year since '07 and stay at the Pelican Marina Residence. Just this year I found Marcy's Gym which was awesome. Two stories up, just simple weights and some old universal lat machines, with windows all around blowing a gorgeous breeze! Our favorite beach is Dawn Beach, no one is ever there, and the waves are pretty awewsome. ;)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 07:56:19 AM »
Yes, vacationed there.. they sell nice rolex knockoffs for $40

Hi mahg.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 10:01:18 AM »
Who is your family? Where do they live? I live in Cole Bay, work in Cay Hill

the Carty family and the Arnell family....Carty on the Dutch side..
Arnells on the French

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
now who is your daddy and what does he do?

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 10:14:17 AM »
The place is awesome! My wife and I go every year since '07 and stay at the Pelican Marina Residence. Just this year I found Marcy's Gym which was awesome. Two stories up, just simple weights and some old universal lat machines, with windows all around blowing a gorgeous breeze! Our favorite beach is Dawn Beach, no one is ever there, and the waves are pretty awewsome. ;)

Pelican? That's close to Royal Palm Gym where I workout. It's right before you cross the bridge to go to Marcy's in the hotel on your left side. I don't like Marcy's Gym too much, machines and weights are too rusty and so is Marcy's attitude.
No one is ever there on Dawn Beach, same with most beaches here. Only crowded beaches are Mullet Bay, Maho, Orient Bay and Bay Rouge.

the Carty family and the Arnell family....Carty on the Dutch side..
Arnells on the French

I know Fenna Arnell. Family of yours?
I know a few Carty's as well, but that is a huge family.

@Tito24: Je kijkt te veel naar "Raymann is laat"

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 10:19:37 AM »
Pelican? That's close to Royal Palm Gym where I workout. It's right before you cross the bridge to go to Marcy's in the hotel on your left side. I don't like Marcy's Gym too much, machines and weights are too rusty and so is Marcy's attitude.
No one is ever there on Dawn Beach, same with most beaches here. Only crowded beaches are Mullet Bay, Maho, Orient Bay and Bay Rouge.

I know Fenna Arnell. Family of yours?
I know a few Carty's as well, but that is a huge family.

@Tito24: Je kijkt te veel naar "Raymann is laat"

Not sure about Fenna....could be....Carty's are a huge family....my Brother Jerry used to drive a bus all over the island for tourists..I don't know if he still does