Author Topic: 2011 IFBB Musclecontest (Culver City) 03-26-11 - Results  (Read 2637 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
2011 IFBB Musclecontest (Culver City) 03-26-11 - Results
« on: March 22, 2011, 03:13:11 PM »
Here is the final list for the competitors for the 2011 IFBB Musclecontest in Culver City.

1. Abrhiem, Natalie - USA
2. Al-Sabah, Dina - Kuwait
3. Brandt, Leigh - Canada
4. Burrows, Abigail - USA
5. Calderon, Laura - USA
6. Cooke-Elliott, Mary Jo - USA
7. Dietrick, Jennifer - USA
8. Gonzalez, Kelly - USA
9. Latona, Amanda - USA
10. Marcus, Anca - USA
11. Marquez, Christie - USA
12. Morrison, Lindsey - USA
13. Pimentel, Jennifer - USA
14. Prebyl, Vanessa   - USA
15. Rotar, Zhanna - USA
16. Vargas, Christina - USA

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: 2011 IFBB Musclecontest (Culver City) Competitor List for 03-26-11
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 09:22:43 PM »
2011 IFBB MUSCLECONTEST PRO BIKINI RESULTS:

1. Amanda Latona*
2. Dina Al-Sabah*
3. Abbie Burrows*
4. Zhanna Rotar
5. Anca Marcus
6. Christina Vargas
7. Leigh Brandt
8. Vanessa Prebyl
9. Jennifer Dietrick
10. Natalie Abrhiem
11. MaryJo Cooke-Elliott
12. Laura Calderon
13. Christie Marquez
14. Lindsey Morrison
15. Kelly Gonzalez
16. Jennifer Pimentel

*Qualify for the 2011 Olympia

1. Amanda Latona – Amanda switched up her suit and rocked the red. It’s a nice color on her and this was the smallest we’ve seen her booty. Her body appeared to be the most balanced it’s been with her legs not over powering her upper body. If she brings this same look to the Olympia, she will be a contender for the Olympia crown.

2. Dina Al-Sabah - Dina’s physique also looked more in balance than it has. Her legs looked slightly smaller than in the past and it was probably her best look to date. She changed her posing up slightly and it was more flattering to her physique. This is her third show this month so look for her to take a break until the Olympia. Dina’s finish serves as a reminder to other competitors that sometimes making a run at multiple shows can pay off. Tweaking and refining things works versus calling it quits for months between shows.

3. Abbie Burrows - Burrows put the rookie jitters aside and made an immediate impact on the pro ranks. The blue looks good on her but I’d like to see her suit fit her a little better. Her poses were flattering to her physique and displayed a look of a bikini model. I like when competitors present themselves with poses such as the ones Abbie displayed. It’s a feminine look and one that more women should do. Impressive debut and look for her to continue to be a top threat in any show she enters.

4. Zhanna Rotar - Zhanna tied with Anca for fourth but won the tie breaker. I liked her suit, it was classy and fit well. Nothing personal towards her but I wouldn’t have her this high in the placings. I feel Zhanna carries too much muscle and in my opinion shouldn’t be rewarded for it. I’d like to see her shed more of the muscle she built from her figure days in order to be a top five finisher. She definitely improved from last year though.

5. Anca Marcus - I liked the color and cut of Anca suit. I would have placed her in front of Zhanna as her physique is less muscular. I’m not crazy about bikini competitors posing with their legs spread wide from the front or back. It’s not a flattering look and one I feel should be avoided. I think the wide stance in her presentation may have cost her the tie breaker. She’s been to the Olympia before and we’ll have to see if she makes it back this year.

6. Christina Vargas - Definitely Christina’s best showing today and her body was in line with the division versus her struggle whether to go figure or bikini. Her model poses were curvy and flattering to her physique. I would have placed her in the top five. If she brings this same physique to her next show you might find her there.

7. Leigh Brandt – The Canadian Cutie found herself in the middle of the pack once again. Leigh has the potential to be in a top spot. If she can bring her physique in a bit tighter, you’ll see her move up into the top five.

8. Vanessa Prebyl - Prop for being a trooper and getting on stage with stitches and a bandaged nose. I like Vanessa’s look and she was slightly off her game but when she’s on she’s a contender. She’s already qualified for the Olympia with her finish at the Houston Pro, so look for her to refine things and continue to be in the mix at future shows.

9. Jennifer Dietrick - Jennifer has one of the best bikini booties in the pro ranks. I like her physique and would have had her a few spots higher in this line up. I’m not sure this was her best suit to date but she’s definitely one who could move up into the top five.

10. Natalie Abrhiem - This was Natalie’s best showing as a pro and she has the potential to keep moving up. She needed to be a little tighter with her conditioning but a definite improvement from last year.

11. MaryJo Cooke-Elliott – MaryJo  made a return to the stage after a couple years away from the stage. She showed that she’s still got it and brought a nice bikini body to the stage. As she gets more comfortable with her presentation, look for her to move up in the division. If she had been a few places higher I don’t think anyone would have argued with it.

12. Laura Calderon - As I mentioned in my preview, Laura’s suit choice continues to be her biggest mis-step, at least in my opinion. I don’t think they should have allowed her to wear the suit she did as it looked like a thong and was way too small. She needed to be considerably tighter and the wide stance posing is not flattering. She has the potential to be a top five competitor but not with what you saw at this event.

13. Christie Marquez – An improvement from previous shows with her physique. If her presentation improves she’ll continue to move up. Definitely the best she’s looked at a pro.

14. Lindsey Morrison - Lindsey continues to find her groove in the pro ranks. Her suit choice worked against her. I didn’t find it flattering to her physique and overall it was too big, especially the botoms. If she ditches the suit and gets more comfortable on stage she’ll move up. This was only her second pro show so look for her to work through it.

15. Kelly Gonzalez - She’s a tiny woman in structure but continues to improve. She put on a little bit of muscle since last year and it’s working on her. As she continues to refine her stage presence and presentation, you’ll see her place higher in future shows.

16. Jennifer Pimentel - No one wants to be in last place of any competition, especially when it’s your pro debut. Jennifer turned pro at last year’s NPC Nationals and had been created a buzz for herself online. She didn’t bring the same package to this stage but it wasn’t a terrible look. Not everyone’s first show lands them in the top spots but it provides something to build on for future events. Apparently, Jennifer wasn’t happy with her prejudging callouts and decided to call it quits. She didn’t show up for the evening show and I’m told had some unpleasant words for some involved in the event. This may have been the first and last time you see her on an IFBB stage.

(from Hardbody.com)