Author Topic: Armed Beauty Queen Fatally Shoots Intruder in Florida Home Invasion  (Read 3585 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I love it. 

Armed Beauty Queen Fatally Shoots Intruder in Florida Home Invasion
By Cristina Corbin
Published March 22, 2011
FoxNews.com

Florida beauty queen Meghan Brown, right, shot and killed an intruder with her pink .38-caliber handgun during a home invasion March 12 (FoxNews.com).

When a burly ex-convict forced his way into a posh Florida home last week, he had no idea what awaited him -- a 25-year-old beauty queen with a pink .38-caliber handgun.

Meghan Brown, a former Florida pageant queen, shot and killed 42-year-old Albert Franklin Hill during a home invasion March 12 at the 2,732-square-foot house she shares with her fiance in Tierra Verde, Fla.

Hill barged into the home at around 3 a.m. after Brown responded to a knock at the front door, according to a police report. He allegedly grabbed the 110-pound Brown around her nose and mouth and dragged her to an upstairs bedroom.

The woman’s fiance, Robert Planthaber, said in an interview that he was quickly awakened by the altercation and ran to Brown’s side.
"I attacked him and took a severe beating to the head," Planthaber told FoxNews.com. "But I got him off of her long enough for her to scramble to the room where she keeps her pink .38 special.”

Police say ex-convict Albert Franklin Hill, 42, forced his way into the Tierra Verde home where he was shot and killed by Brown, a former Florida beauty queen.

Brown, who reigned as the 2009 Miss Tierra Verde, snatched her gun from a nearby bedroom and shot the suspect several times – hitting him in the chest, groin, thigh and back, her fiance said. Hill was pronounced dead at the scene.

Panthaber, a 42-year-old arborist, said he believes he and his fiancee were targeted because of their wealth. He claimed a pizza delivery man and possible accomplice staked out the home for three months before Hill attempted to burglarize it.

“We live in a very prominent area and my fiancee wears a $60,000 engagement ring,” he said. “The pizza man knew we had money because sometimes we needed change for a $100 bill when he came to deliver pizza.”

Hill had a criminal record stretching back nearly three decades -- including arrests for burglary, battery, drug possession and grand theft. He reportedly served a 13-year prison term in 1987 and was released in September after serving a fourth term behind bars.

Detectives with the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Robbery/Homicide Unit are still investigating the crime but believe the motive was robbery, according to local press reports. They say they haven’t yet determined the relationship, if any, Hill had with the couple. A police report said the ex-convict demanded money before the altercation between Hill and Panthaber ensued.

Panthaber, meanwhile, said he and his fiancee are lucky to be alive. He said he purchased the pink handgun for Brown last Christmas and that the two had gone to target practice together.

“She was not a good shot at the range,” he quipped.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/22/armed-beauty-queen-fatally-shoots-intruder-florida-home-invasion/?test=faces

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Armed Beauty Queen Fatally Shoots Intruder in Florida Home Invasion
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 09:44:42 AM »
I'm betting the groin shot came last.

The exclamation point!  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 09:50:41 AM »
tactically speaking-

They were dumbasses for "forcing pizza guy to break $100 bills"...  Unless you want the world to think you're a rich a-hole, use your credit card or keep $20s on hand - or let the guy keep the change from the $100.

They were dumbasses for high-signing a $60k ring. 

They were dumbasses for answering door at 3 AM.  Why you open the door to an unknown entity at 3 am without being armed - or why you open the door at all - is beyond me. 

They were smart for capping the punk ass though.  My guess is that drugs are somehow involved, but that's just a guess. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 09:51:33 AM »
Why the hell did she answer the door without having gun in hand? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 09:54:36 AM »
Why the hell did she answer the door without having gun in hand? 

it smells fishy.

my GUESS is that it'll turn out that guy was their dealer, etc.  They knew he was casing their joint, they think it's related to the pizza guy?  She was probably screwing the pizza guy on the side, they probably all did coke together at some point, and if he dragged her from door to UPSTAIRS bedroom for "money" - he probably knew where she kept the coke.

Once she shot his ass (4 times?  lmao) she probably delivered a half-cocked story so it doesn't look like drug relations gone bad.  I suppose the cell records will show the truth.  If she was texting this dude excuses, an hour before he was bleeding out on her bedroom floor, well.......

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 10:08:42 AM »
it smells fishy.

my GUESS is that it'll turn out that guy was their dealer, etc.  They knew he was casing their joint, they think it's related to the pizza guy?  She was probably screwing the pizza guy on the side, they probably all did coke together at some point, and if he dragged her from door to UPSTAIRS bedroom for "money" - he probably knew where she kept the coke.

Once she shot his ass (4 times?  lmao) she probably delivered a half-cocked story so it doesn't look like drug relations gone bad.  I suppose the cell records will show the truth.  If she was texting this dude excuses, an hour before he was bleeding out on her bedroom floor, well.......

This story is so bullshit it is not even funny. Fiance wearing a 60,000 dollar ring???!?!?!!?!?!!?...Prominent neighborhood?!?!?!!?!?!? change for one hundred dollar bills?!?!?!?!?!? ..and all of this on a salary as an ARBORIST?!!?!?!!?!?!?

Without question this was a HIT. This person was set up to be killed because he was not turning profits like they wanted him to, or he was stealing from the ill gotten loot or some similar situation, but no way is a person going to break into a home and demand money from a person(s) he has no idea whether or not they even have money. He had to have known before hand of money and/or drugs to be so motivated to supposedly break in.

I guess once the press begins investigating how this guy could afford to give this would be bride a 60,000 dollar ring on an arborist salary...THEN THE SHIT WILL START HITTING THE FAN!!!!!
C

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 10:12:55 AM »
I don't see it as a hit, or she would have been capped in the doorway.

She opened the door in middle of night - she probably knew the person at the door.  He was unarmed, and when a bad guy is unarmed, it screams drug USER.  I mean, everyone in Fl has a gun.  He's gonna attack in the middle of night, and not have one?

IMO they did drugs together, she owed him or he just wanted more... the hubby was tired of her snorting blow with dirtbags and started a fight, which he was losing.  She yelled stop, he wouldn't, so she shot him once.  Dude probably took the gun and shot the intruder 3 more times (once in the junk) to reaffirm his manhood with the busted head he just received.

Hell, I'm betting the shooter and 'victim' are facebook friends lol...

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 10:22:52 AM »
I don't see it as a hit, or she would have been capped in the doorway.

She opened the door in middle of night - she probably knew the person at the door.  He was unarmed, and when a bad guy is unarmed, it screams drug USER.  I mean, everyone in Fl has a gun.  He's gonna attack in the middle of night, and not have one?

IMO they did drugs together, she owed him or he just wanted more... the hubby was tired of her snorting blow with dirtbags and started a fight, which he was losing.  She yelled stop, he wouldn't, so she shot him once.  Dude probably took the gun and shot the intruder 3 more times (once in the junk) to reaffirm his manhood with the busted head he just received.

Hell, I'm betting the shooter and 'victim' are facebook friends lol...

I meant the hit was on him....

But no question like you said there is or was something going on between these two or possibly all three of them.
C

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 10:23:48 AM »
Kind of funny that both the intruder and fiance are 42 and the girl is 25.  And who tells the press “We live in a very prominent area and my fiancee wears a $60,000 engagement ring.  The pizza man knew we had money because sometimes we needed change for a $100 bill when he came to deliver pizza.”  This guy seems like an arrogant ass. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 10:23:59 AM »
I meant the hit was on him....

But no question like you said there is or was something going on between these two or possibly all three of them.

Were the Illuminati involved, lazy-eyes?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 10:27:02 AM »
What's with Floridians and tacky gold chains?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 11:31:55 AM »
What's up with Floridians is right.

92-Year-Old Allegedly Takes Firing Practice on Neighbor's House After Kiss Request Refused

Published March 22, 2011

Helen B. Staudinger allegedly admitted that she told her neighbor she would not leave until he gave her a kiss, even though she knew he had a girlfriend.

Who needs Cupid's arrows when you have a loaded semi-automatic handgun?

A 92-year-old Florida woman allegedly fired several shots into the home of a neighbor after he refused to kiss her.

Marion County police said Helen B. Staudinger admitted that she told her neighbor she would not leave until he gave her a kiss, even though she knew he had a girlfriend, according to a report in the Star-Banner.

“I was standing in the bedroom talking on the phone when one of the bullets came into the bedroom,” Dwight Bettner, her neighbor, told the paper. “The other three bullets hit the side of the house.”

Bettner, 53, was hit by some shattered glass and said the feisty woman once tried to strangle a woman she thought was having an affair with him.

Staudinger was held on $15,000 bail and was forbidden to have contact with Bettner. She faces charges of aggravated assault with a firearm and shooting into an occupied dwelling, according to the report.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20110321/ARTICLES/110329941/1439?p=all&tc=pgall&tc=ar

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 12:14:55 PM »

92-Year-Old Allegedly Takes Firing Practice on Neighbor's House After Kiss Request Refused

Published March 22, 2011

Helen B. Staudinger allegedly admitted that she told her neighbor she would not leave until he gave her a kiss, even though she knew he had a girlfriend.

A 92-year-old Florida woman allegedly fired several shots into the home of a neighbor after he refused to kiss her.

Marion County police said Helen B. Staudinger admitted that she told her neighbor she would not leave until he gave her a kiss, even though she knew he had a girlfriend, according to a report in the Star-Banner.

“I was standing in the bedroom talking on the phone when one of the bullets came into the bedroom,” Dwight Bettner, her neighbor, told the paper. “The other three bullets hit the side of the house.”

Bettner, 53, was hit by some shattered glass and said the feisty woman once tried to strangle a woman she thought was having an affair with him.

Staudinger was held on $15,000 bail and was forbidden to have contact with Bettner. She faces charges of aggravated assault with a firearm and shooting into an occupied dwelling, according to the report.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20110321/ARTICLES/110329941/1439?p=all&tc=pgall&tc=ar

What the heck?  lol.  Poor lady.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »
Were the Illuminati involved, lazy-eyes?

Yeah...the secret to their revelation is they ALWAYS CARRY PINK PISTOLS.
C

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 12:25:25 PM »

Published March 22, 2011

That old hag looks like she smeared those eyebrows on with Poop..

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 12:49:04 PM »
something's rotten in Denmark

this story just doesn't add up.

my guess is hubby owes some bad people some money.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 02:37:15 PM »
Can't believe I'm siding with the CT'rs, but there's no way in hell my wife or any woman I know would respond to a door knock at 3 am.  She'd send my sorry ass to deal with that.  :D

Just doesn't pass the snif test.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 04:04:04 PM »
LOL if its night and Im not expecting anyone I have my hand on a gun when I answer the door.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 08:43:22 PM »
Can't believe I'm siding with the CT'rs, but there's no way in hell my wife or any woman I know would respond to a door knock at 3 am.  She'd send my sorry ass to deal with that.  :D

Just doesn't pass the snif test.

I wouldn't call it a CTer thing...more like "sounds like a bullshit story, guys".

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 09:00:58 PM »
LOL if it's night and I'm not expecting anyone no one rings my doorbell.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 10:18:39 PM »
The only thing dumber than wearing a $60k engagement ring is telling the world that you wear a $60k engagement ring. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 06:36:45 AM »
I love it. 

Armed Beauty Queen Fatally Shoots Intruder in Florida Home Invasion
By Cristina Corbin
Published March 22, 2011
FoxNews.com

Florida beauty queen Meghan Brown, right, shot and killed an intruder with her pink .38-caliber handgun during a home invasion March 12 (FoxNews.com).

When a burly ex-convict forced his way into a posh Florida home last week, he had no idea what awaited him -- a 25-year-old beauty queen with a pink .38-caliber handgun.

Meghan Brown, a former Florida pageant queen, shot and killed 42-year-old Albert Franklin Hill during a home invasion March 12 at the 2,732-square-foot house she shares with her fiance in Tierra Verde, Fla.

Hill barged into the home at around 3 a.m. after Brown responded to a knock at the front door, according to a police report. He allegedly grabbed the 110-pound Brown around her nose and mouth and dragged her to an upstairs bedroom.

The woman’s fiance, Robert Planthaber, said in an interview that he was quickly awakened by the altercation and ran to Brown’s side.
"I attacked him and took a severe beating to the head," Planthaber told FoxNews.com. "But I got him off of her long enough for her to scramble to the room where she keeps her pink .38 special.”

Police say ex-convict Albert Franklin Hill, 42, forced his way into the Tierra Verde home where he was shot and killed by Brown, a former Florida beauty queen.

Brown, who reigned as the 2009 Miss Tierra Verde, snatched her gun from a nearby bedroom and shot the suspect several times – hitting him in the chest, groin, thigh and back, her fiance said. Hill was pronounced dead at the scene.

Panthaber, a 42-year-old arborist, said he believes he and his fiancee were targeted because of their wealth. He claimed a pizza delivery man and possible accomplice staked out the home for three months before Hill attempted to burglarize it.

“We live in a very prominent area and my fiancee wears a $60,000 engagement ring,” he said. “The pizza man knew we had money because sometimes we needed change for a $100 bill when he came to deliver pizza.”

Hill had a criminal record stretching back nearly three decades -- including arrests for burglary, battery, drug possession and grand theft. He reportedly served a 13-year prison term in 1987 and was released in September after serving a fourth term behind bars.

Detectives with the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Robbery/Homicide Unit are still investigating the crime but believe the motive was robbery, according to local press reports. They say they haven’t yet determined the relationship, if any, Hill had with the couple. A police report said the ex-convict demanded money before the altercation between Hill and Panthaber ensued.

Panthaber, meanwhile, said he and his fiancee are lucky to be alive. He said he purchased the pink handgun for Brown last Christmas and that the two had gone to target practice together.

“She was not a good shot at the range,” he quipped.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/22/armed-beauty-queen-fatally-shoots-intruder-florida-home-invasion/?test=faces

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 08:43:26 AM »
I still think the story is fishy.

But I get a kick out of them claiming they live in a prominent area and were targeted because of their wealth, but it is a 2700 sf house in FLA. Gimme a flippin break.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 01:24:31 PM »
The only thing dumber than wearing a $60k engagement ring is telling the world that you wear a $60k engagement ring. 

Sounds like a GB'r to me.  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 01:36:31 PM »

Sounds like a GB'r to me.  :D

Mons Venus?   :)