Author Topic: Is this OK?  (Read 1082 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Is this OK?
« on: March 23, 2011, 01:33:43 PM »
I've always truly had a strange feeling of belief in god, and always will I think.  I consider myself a Christian.

Is it OK to feel that this is an irrational belief though, or is that sinful?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Is this OK?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »
Why do you consider yourself a Christian as opposed to a Muslim, or Sikh or Jew?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 08:08:17 AM »
Why do you consider yourself a Christian as opposed to a Muslim, or Sikh or Jew?

I'm interested in the answer to this as well...PIP is it because your family is mainly Christian?

Do you believe in Christ as Savior?

Is it OK to feel that this is an irrational belief though, or is that sinful?

I think many people have crises of faith...even John (the Baptist when in prison) later questioned if Jesus was the Messiah when before he knew he was (when he baptised Him).

I think reading and studying the bible more can strengthen your faith...and praying and hanging out w/believers....going to a Bible-believing/teaching church.    Hanging out at place like getbig where you are constantly confronted w/unbelieving mockers might be having an impact on you.....

R

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 08:16:44 AM »
I'm interested in the answer to this as well...PIP is it because your family is mainly Christian?

I think many people have crises of faith...even John (the Baptist when in prison) later questioned if Jesus was the Messiah when before he knew he was (when he baptised Him).

I think reading and studying the bible more can strengthen your faith...and praying and hanging out w/believers....going to a Bible-believing/teaching church.    Hanging out at place like getbig where you are constantly confronted w/unbelieving mockers might be having an impact on you.....

Again, show me a Christian who hasn't had a crisis of faith, and I'll show you a LIAR.

Go down the list:

- Abraham (he doubted that God would keep his promise; hence we have Ishmael....the rest is history and we have the Middle East to prove it).
- Sarah (see above; it was HER idea. Can you imagine if Hagar looked like Beyonce. "Abe, I want you marry Hagar, and keep sexing her until you get her pregnant").
- John the Baptist, as Butterbean mentioned earlier ("Are you the One who was promised; or do we seek another?" This was only Jesus' cousin, who baptized Him personally).
- Jacob (His father, Isaac, wouldn't honor God's word; so he and his mother plotted to trick him).

And, that's just the short list.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 12:29:17 PM »
Again, show me a Christian who hasn't had a crisis of faith, and I'll show you a LIAR.

Go down the list:

- Abraham (he doubted that God would keep his promise; hence we have Ishmael....the rest is history and we have the Middle East to prove it).
- Sarah (see above; it was HER idea. Can you imagine if Hagar looked like Beyonce. "Abe, I want you marry Hagar, and keep sexing her until you get her pregnant").
- John the Baptist, as Butterbean mentioned earlier ("Are you the One who was promised; or do we seek another?" This was only Jesus' cousin, who baptized Him personally).
- Jacob (His father, Isaac, wouldn't honor God's word; so he and his mother plotted to trick him).

And, that's just the short list.

Yep...also don't forget Mother Teresa who had a crises of faith and some people got confused thinking she was an atheist!
R

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 12:33:42 PM »

Sounds cult-like.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 12:39:36 PM »
R