Author Topic: Jon Olav Einemo...WTF????  (Read 15932 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Jon Olav Einemo...WTF????
« on: March 23, 2011, 01:39:32 PM »
 Jon Olav Einemo is Shane Carwin's next opponent.  They guy is 6-1 and hasn't foguht since 2006.  If that's not a can, I don't know what is.  Very disappointing. 

w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Jon Olav Einemo...WTF????
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 01:59:51 PM »
THAT is a disappointment.  At least put in somewhat like Mitrione in there.

The NON-UFC'ers are gonna have a field day with this one!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 02:15:16 PM »
They should kick Barnette out of the StrikeForce tournament and let Carwin in,  I want to see him go against Alistar....
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 02:22:58 PM »
Has Carwin been training with Fedor? There were rumors a while back that they were training together...

I guess  Carwin wants to take a page out of Fedor's book by taking this fight.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 02:34:49 PM »
personally I'd love to see them put Mir/Mitrione together and see what happens...

I'm ok with them throwing Carwin an easier fight as long as they don't try to sell it as a co-main event..

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 05:09:17 PM »
Now I want to see this fight...
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 08:00:33 PM »
Has Carwin been training with Fedor? There were rumors a while back that they were training together...

I guess  Carwin wants to take a page out of Fedor's book by taking this fight.

You can't train with a can and expect to beat a can. If Carwin trained with Fedor he will lose by TKO stoppage in the second round.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 10:22:49 PM »
You can't train with a can and expect to beat a can. If Carwin trained with Fedor he will lose by TKO stoppage in the second round.

Let's hope Carwin has a real camp for this fight...we've all seen what happens when HW's take easy fights and still lose.

Some seem to never recover.  It can almost tarnish an entire career of wins.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 05:46:42 AM »
Einemo is a ADCC veteran with pretty slick ground skills, and he's been at Golden Glory for a while now working on his standup.  Will he be ready for the power and the standard boxing of Carwin?  that's another story.  Last time I saw Einemo he had that European boxing stance that leaves your head erect and open to be hit.  Definitely not a can though.
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 06:32:35 AM »
Einemo is a ADCC veteran with pretty slick ground skills, and he's been at Golden Glory for a while now working on his standup.  Will he be ready for the power and the standard boxing of Carwin?  that's another story.  Last time I saw Einemo he had that European boxing stance that leaves your head erect and open to be hit.  Definitely not a can though.

He hasn't fought since 2006 and his MMA resume is nothing near legendary.  His last victory was over James Thompson almost 6 years ago.

The guy could make LHW and he's fighting Carwin at HW.  Carwin has a lot to lose and not much to gain by taking this fight.  I'm a little shocked really.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 07:59:30 AM »
He hasn't fought since 2006 and his MMA resume is nothing near legendary.  His last victory was over James Thompson almost 6 years ago.

The guy could make LHW and he's fighting Carwin at HW.  Carwin has a lot to lose and not much to gain by taking this fight.  I'm a little shocked really.

And he's missing half of his foot...no joke.
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 08:01:34 AM »
Agree with Weight on this.  UFC is making a bit of a gamble with this fight.  If something happens and Carwin loses, it's not good. 

However, my guess is UFC sees some possiblities in Einemo..  and are probably willing to give him a few shots at some fights.  They are trying to bolster the HW ranks.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 11:27:31 AM »

There you go with your fight finder stats, he's kept busy competing in ADCC all of these years and he trains at Golden Glory.  Are you familiar with Golden Glory and the way they train over there?  Will he win?  probably not....but he is not a can and is a decent test for Carwin who is coming off of that major back surgery.  You make it seem like Einemo is a tiny guy who is coming straight off of the couch for this fight.  He's 6'6 with long ass limbs and will definately be coming in heavier than the weight you got off of Sherdog (your not fooling anybody fight finder addict).  No one expected TUF newbs to be familiar with Einemo, that's why im not surprised with you and your main Spin account.
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 12:10:58 PM »
There you go with your fight finder stats, he's kept busy competing in ADCC all of these years and he trains at Golden Glory.  Are you familiar with Golden Glory and the way they train over there?  Will he win?  probably not....but he is not a can and is a decent test for Carwin who is coming off of that major back surgery.  You make it seem like Einemo is a tiny guy who is coming straight off of the couch for this fight.  He's 6'6 with long ass limbs and will definately be coming in heavier than the weight you got off of Sherdog (your not fooling anybody fight finder addict).  No one expected TUF newbs to be familiar with Einemo, that's why im not surprised with you and your main Spin account.

Let me reiterate....I said there is a lot of risk and not much to gain in this fight for Carwin.  He does not have a 'name' to the current MMA fans.

You are the one assuming I said he's a can....

Now let tell you how some "could" consider him a can or easy fight for Carwin.

-Mediocre MMA record
-220lbs in comparison to Carwin's 290-300 in the cage
-Win or Lose Carwin doesn't have anything to gain by this fight
-No "name" in current MMA

Now get the chip off your shoulder and get the fuck off of these forums...it's been nice not having you around to spread your UFC hate.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 05:02:12 PM »

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 05:16:53 PM »
::)

What weight is he then? Prove me wrong or STFU.

What did he weigh for his last fight?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 05:28:38 PM »
I think Carwin said he was 285-290 for the Lesnar fight...
w

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 05:56:39 PM »
I think Carwin said he was 285-290 for the Lesnar fight...

sounds about right..

although guys half that size have been know to cut up to 12-15 lbs for fights.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 10:28:38 PM »
What weight is he then? Prove me wrong or STFU.

He doesn't even cut weight like Lesnar does

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/who-said-carwin-closest-brocks-weight-size-1036362/

Now prove he's ever been 300lbs  ::)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 11:11:10 PM »
He doesn't even cut weight like Lesnar does

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/who-said-carwin-closest-brocks-weight-size-1036362/

Now prove he's ever been 300lbs  ::)

WRONG.....

Here was his last fight with Lesnar.  Weighed in at 265. You think really think he weighed 265 in the cage?

http://www.cagetoday.com/ufc-116-brock-lesnar-vs-shane-carwin-weigh-in-results/

Brock Lesnar (265) vs. Shane Carwin (265)
Yoshihiro Akiyama (185) vs. Chris Leben (186)
Stephan Bonnar (205) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (205)
Kurt Pellegrino (155) vs. George Sotiropoulos (156)
Matt Brown (171) vs. Chris Lytle (170)

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 04:23:25 AM »
WRONG.....

Here was his last fight with Lesnar.  Weighed in at 265. You think really think he weighed 265 in the cage?

And proof that he's 300 lbs? I'm waiting...

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 06:42:01 AM »
And proof that he's 300 lbs? I'm waiting...

What I originally wrote was an estimated weight and I have proven my self to be correct.

Please, don't try to make yourself look so ignorant next time.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 09:25:51 AM »
What I originally wrote was an estimated weight and I have proven my self to be correct.

LOL! You dumb ass actually think Carwin gained 41 lbs in a year? Keep on believing the UFC hype and get yourself some Muscletech so you can too gain 41 lbs of rock hard muscle!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 10:21:56 AM »
LOL! You dumb ass actually think Carwin gained 41 lbs in a year? Keep on believing the UFC hype and get yourself some Muscletech so you can too gain 41 lbs of rock hard muscle!

With a normal fight weight cut, plus an average amount of weight gain/muscle/fat, this is entirely possible.  Do you even know that fighter's generally cut 20+lbs pounds of weight for weigh-ins?

So want to admit your wrong yet? Or do I keep making you look like a fool?

Seriously, stick to slobbering over men in thongs in muscle worship beauty pageants...You appear to do better at that.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 01:11:21 PM »
300 lbs in the cage.......riiiiiiiiiiii ght.

::)   ::)   ::)   ::)   ::)