Author Topic: Official Barack Obama Re-Election Thread  (Read 45146 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Official Barack Obama Re-Election Thread
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2011, 12:03:25 PM »
The MSM isn't all over this?  Shocking.   ::)

they're too busy covering weinergate.  sucks that the repubs are talking about weiners junk too.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2011, 12:06:53 PM »
they're too busy covering weinergate.  sucks that the repubs are talking about weiners junk too.

Right.  That's the only thing the media is talking about.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2011, 12:26:38 PM »
Right.  That's the only thing the media is talking about.   ::)

they're spending an insane amount of time on it.

He is obviously guilty of sending out pics of his junk.  yay.  I don't see why it deserves coverage at all.  Five US service members were killed in Iraq today.  120 cops killed in Syria.  Santorum running for president.

The headlines today?  Weiner's weiner, and casey anthony trial analysis (on fox right NOW!0

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2011, 12:37:11 PM »
they're spending an insane amount of time on it.

He is obviously guilty of sending out pics of his junk.  yay.  I don't see why it deserves coverage at all.  Five US service members were killed in Iraq today.  120 cops killed in Syria.  Santorum running for president.

The headlines today?  Weiner's weiner, and casey anthony trial analysis (on fox right NOW!0

It's a huge story that should be covered. 

And you are full of crap on the headlines.  Here are the lead stories on Fox and CNN right now:

Fox
Apple's Jobs Takes Stage to Unveil iCloud Music Service
Bahraini Docs on Trial for Saving Protesters' Lives
Search Is On for Missing Indiana College Student
Mars Mystery: Does Image Show Evidence of Life?

CNN
Rick Santorum announces his presidential bid
Apple unveils its iCloud system
FIFA boss vows to restore credibility
Airline profits to plunge

Also, I watched Fox News this morning for about 30 minutes, and most of their coverage was about Casey Anthony. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2011, 12:43:43 PM »
It's a huge story that should be covered. 

If d-bag weiner is "a huge story" for tweeting pics...

then I guess Vitter wearing a diaper and banging hookers in the butt for years must be MONUMENTAL?

Or, they're both d-bag distraction stories?  ding ding!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2011, 12:46:43 PM »
If d-bag weiner is "a huge story" for tweeting pics...

then I guess Vitter wearing a diaper and banging hookers in the butt for years must be MONUMENTAL?

Or, they're both d-bag distraction stories?  ding ding!

lol.  What the heck does Vitter have to do with WeinerGate?  lol 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2011, 12:53:03 PM »
lol.  What the heck does Vitter have to do with WeinerGate?  lol 

it's a sex scandal.  they both are.

if a guy sitting at his computer talking to girls is "a huge story", as you phrased it...

Then a guy willing to put on Depends and wear a baby bonnet and have intercourse with women (in person) for money is obviously somehting way bigger than just huge.

monumental, ground-breaking, humongous, perhaps?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2011, 01:01:59 PM »
it's a sex scandal.  they both are.

if a guy sitting at his computer talking to girls is "a huge story", as you phrased it...

Then a guy willing to put on Depends and wear a baby bonnet and have intercourse with women (in person) for money is obviously somehting way bigger than just huge.

monumental, ground-breaking, humongous, perhaps?

One has zero to do with the other.  Unless someone is trying to make a moral equivalency argument to justify one bad act based on another. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2011, 01:03:52 PM »
One has zero to do with the other.  Unless someone is trying to make a moral equivalency argument to justify one bad act based on another. 

oh, theuy're both dirtbags.

but surely sticking your junk into a girl you pay for money is a lot more HUGE STORY than just sending pics via tweet, no?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2011, 01:24:01 PM »
oh, theuy're both dirtbags.

but surely sticking your junk into a girl you pay for money is a lot more HUGE STORY than just sending pics via tweet, no?

You are so far gone its not funny 240. 

BTW - you never answered the question:  when did you decide the liberal agenda is no longer good for the middle class?   You obviously did so in 2009, but what changed?     

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2011, 01:28:48 PM »
How fitting for my 50,000th post.  How can we possibly deny our glorious leader a second term?

You have over 50,000 posts?  Dude, get a life ::)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2011, 01:33:46 PM »
Yawn.   How original.   Attack the messenger instead of the content.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2011, 01:39:49 PM »
I believer obama took things too far.  As did Bush.  As will the next republican president.  They have to align with one side, and they always go too far.  it's that simple.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2011, 01:43:22 PM »
I believer obama took things too far.  As did Bush.  As will the next republican president.  They have to align with one side, and they always go too far.  it's that simple.

In what way - you said in 2009 you believed the liberal agenda was needed to save the middle class after 8 years of bush?   what else did you expect? 

YOU VOTED FOR AND SHILLED FOR THIS!   DONT BAIL NOW THAT THE MISERABLE AND HORRIBLE RESULTS I TOLD YOU WOULD COME TO FRUITION ACTUALLY DID. 

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2011, 04:27:04 PM »
Yawn.   How original.   Attack the messenger instead of the content.

I didn't even read the message...lol. 
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2011, 04:28:43 PM »
YOU VOTED FOR AND SHILLED FOR THIS!

False.  I voted barr.  I didn't vote obama.

Why spread this lie, homie?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2011, 06:08:25 PM »
You said we needed a lib agenda to save the middle class and it was good ------ was elected in feb 2009.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2011, 06:35:16 PM »
Goolsbee resigning tonight.  Oh boy.  Rats fleeing the sinking ship.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2011, 07:05:46 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Austan Goolsbee to leave White House (Abandon Ship!)
Politico ^ | 6/6/11 7:26 PM ED | MIKE ALLEN
Posted on June 6, 2011 8:47:12 PM EDT by TSgt

Austan Goolsbee, chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, plans to return to teaching economics at the University of Chicago this fall, the White House announced Monday night.

Goolsbee has been on leave for four years from the university’s Booth School of Business and could have lost his tenured position at Chicago, where he was a professor for 14 years before joining the administration, if he did not return, an official said.

Goolsbee, one of Obama’s longest serving aides, was an economic adviser on the 2004 Senate campaign, and the senior economic adviser on the 2008 presidential campaign.He was appointed to the Council of Economic Advisers when Obama became president, and was made chairman when Christina Romer resigned last September to return to the University of California at Berkeley.

“Since I first ran for the U.S. Senate, Austan has been a close friend and one of my most trusted advisers,” President Barack Obama said in the White House’s announcement. “Over the past several years, he has helped steer our country out of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, and although there is still much work ahead, his insights and counsel have helped lead us toward an economy that is growing and creating millions of jobs. He is one of America’s great economic thinkers.”

Goolsbee’s departure once again puts the president’s economic team in flux. National Economic Council chairman Larry Summers left the administration at the beginning of the year, replaced by Gene Sperling, who served in that job under President Bill Clinton. Jared Bernstein, Vice President Biden’s chief economic adviser, left last month.

Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner is the only senior official remaining from the economic team that inherited a financial crisis and recession when Obama took office.

In the past few months, Goolsbee has been one of the few White House officials who has felt comfortable discussing economic issues on television. Colleagues say he lightens up the West Wing, and he made his mark on social D.C. when he won a “Funniest Celebrity in Washington” contest.

“While I am looking forward to returning home to Chicago, I will always be proud of the years I have spent working for this President,” Goolsbee said. “I believe that his judgment, his courage in confronting the worst economic crisis of our lifetimes, and his commitment to the American people have made a tremendous difference for the nation.”

Bloomberg News first reported that Goolsbee was considering returning to Chicago.

Rats abandoning the ship. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2011, 04:01:45 AM »
Skip to comments.

Bin Laden bounce definitely OVER for Obama as new poll shows he could lose the presidency
The Daily Mail (UK) ^ | June 7th 2011 | Daily Mail Reporter
Posted on June 7, 2011 7:09:14 AM EDT by Scanian

Those who forecast Barack Obama had sealed his second term as president with the killing of Osama Bin Laden look to be wrong.

According to a new poll, the 'Bin laden bounce' has already evaporated

Obama's approval rating surged to 56 per cent in the aftermath of the terrorist's death but now just 47 per cent think he is doing a good job.

But it is domestic policies - notably Obama's handling of the economy - that is driving the frustration of the American public, according to a joint poll conducted by The Washington Post and ABC news.

Fifty-nine per cent, a new high, gave Obama negative marks for his handling of the economy, up from 55 per cent a month earlier.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #170 on: June 07, 2011, 04:19:22 AM »
Skip to comments.

Bin Laden bounce definitely OVER for Obama as new poll shows he could lose the presidency
The Daily Mail (UK) ^ | June 7th 2011 | Daily Mail Reporter
Posted on June 7, 2011 7:09:14 AM EDT by Scanian

Those who forecast Barack Obama had sealed his second term as president with the killing of Osama Bin Laden look to be wrong.

According to a new poll, the 'Bin laden bounce' has already evaporated

Obama's approval rating surged to 56 per cent in the aftermath of the terrorist's death but now just 47 per cent think he is doing a good job.

But it is domestic policies - notably Obama's handling of the economy - that is driving the frustration of the American public, according to a joint poll conducted by The Washington Post and ABC news.

Fifty-nine per cent, a new high, gave Obama negative marks for his handling of the economy, up from 55 per cent a month earlier.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Cue the 240 spin. "But he's still over 40%, bro. Even with the economy tanking. I think he's a shoo-in for reelection just like the Dems held onto congress in 2010. Obama can do no wrong. Obama is my everything. Obama is my god."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2011, 05:24:04 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obama loses bin Laden bounce; Romney on the move among GOP contenders
By Dan Balz and Jon Cohen, Tuesday, June 7, 12:05 AM

The public opinion boost President Obama received after the killing of Osama bin Laden has dissipated, and Americans’ disapproval of how he is handling the nation’s economy and the deficit has reached new highs, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

The survey portrays a broadly pessimistic mood in the country this spring as higher gasoline prices, sliding home values and a disappointing employment picture have raised fresh concerns about the pace of the economic recovery.

By 2 to 1, Americans say the country is pretty seriously on the wrong track, and nine in 10 continue to rate the economy in negative terms. Nearly six in 10 say the economy has not started to recover, regardless of what official statistics may say, and most of those who say it has improved rate the recovery as weak.

New Post-ABC numbers show Obama leading five of six potential Republican presidential rivals tested in the poll. But he is in a dead heat with former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, who formally announced his 2012 candidacy last week, making jobs and the economy the central issues in his campaign.

Among all Americans, Obama and Romney are knotted at 47 percent each, and among registered voters, the former governor is numerically ahead, 49 percent to 46 percent.

Overall, about six in 10 of those surveyed give Obama negative marks on the economy and the deficit. Significantly, nearly half strongly disapprove of his performance in these two crucial areas. Nearly two-thirds of political independents disapprove of the president’s handling of the economy, including — for the first time — a slim majority who do so strongly.

In another indicator of rapidly shifting views on economic issues, 45 percent trust congressional Republicans over the president when it comes to dealing with the economy, an 11-point improvement for the GOP since March. Still, nearly as many, 42 percent, side with Obama on this issue.

The president has sought to point to progress on the economy, particularly in the automobile industry, and to argue that the policies he put in place at the beginning of his term are working. But the combined effects of weak economic indicators and dissatisfaction among the public are adding to the political pressures on the White House as the president’s advisers look toward what could be a difficult 2012 reelection campaign.

Meanwhile, Romney emerges in the new survey as the strongest current or prospective Republican candidate in the 2012 presidential field. Although he is by no means in a secure spot, on virtually every measure, the former governor appears better positioned than any of his rivals.

In contrast, the poll brings more bad news for former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, whose bus tour along the East Coast last week renewed speculation that she might join the race.

Almost two-thirds of all Americans say they “definitely would not” vote for Palin for president. She is predictably unpopular with Democrats and most independents, but the new survey underscores the hurdles she would face if she became a candidate: 42 percent of Republicans say they’ve ruled out supporting her candidacy.

More than six in 10 Americans say they do not consider Palin qualified to serve as president. That is a slightly better rating for the former governor than through most of last year, but is another indication of widespread public doubts about a possible presidential run.

The Post-ABC poll asked Republicans and GOP-leaning independents whom they would vote for if a primary or caucus were held now in their state. Romney topped the list, with 21 percent, followed by Palin at 17 percent. No one else reached double digits, although former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, who has suddenly shown interest in becoming a candidate, is close, at 8 percent. Without Palin in the race, Romney scores 25 percent, with all others in the single digits.

In another measure of the field, Republicans chose Romney as the only one of a dozen possible candidates they would “strongly consider” for the party’s nomination as opposed to stating that they definitely would not vote for him. He and Palin scored equal numbers of respondents who said they would strongly consider supporting them, but Palin has more than double the percentage who have ruled her out.

Other candidates fared poorly on this count, including former House speaker Newt Gingrich (Ga.), whose campaign got off to a rocky start; Rep. Ron Paul (Tex.), a libertarian who has a passionate following but many detractors; and former senator Rick Santorum (Pa.), who announced his candidacy on Monday.

The Massachusetts health-care plan enacted under Romney remains a potentially serious problem in the former governor’s bid. By nearly 2 to 1, Republicans oppose the plan, with strong detractors far outnumbering solid supporters. But there is some potential for him to frame the matter: Almost four in 10 Republicans expressed no opinion about the state’s program.

Overall dissatisfaction with the GOP field remains high, with as many respondents saying they are unhappy with their choices as say they are satisfied. At this time four years ago, nearly seven in 10 Republicans said they were satisfied with their field of candidates.

In head-to-head matchups with Obama, Palin trails by 17 percentage points, the worst of the six possible candidates tested. The president leads Gingrich and former Utah governor Jon Huntsman Jr. by 10 points. He runs 11 points ahead of former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty and 13 points ahead of Rep. Michele Bachmann (Minn.).

Romney owes his relatively good standing against the president to support from independents. He and Obama garner roughly equal percentages from those in their own parties. But independents split for Romney 50 percent to 43 percent.

The president continues to receive positive marks as a strong leader, but the 55 percent rating marks a low point of his presidency. He gets mixed reviews on empathy and on sharing the same values as respondents.

The telephone poll was conducted June 2-5 among a random national sample of 1,002 adults. The results from the full survey have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.

Polling manager Peyton M. Craighill and polling analyst Scott Clement contributed to this report.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-loses-bin-laden-bounce-romney-on-the-move-among-gop-contenders/2011/06/06/AGT5wiKH_print.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: June 07, 2011, 08:54:41 AM »
Obama Economy Hits Young People the Hardest [Sledgehammer in a Fist-Fight]
ATR ^ | 2011-06-06 | Nathan Lictman

The days of wearing an Obama t-shirt to a frat party might be over. According to The Atlantic, people age 19-29 are supporting Obama less than they were in 2008. Now only 56-percent of this voter group says they support President Obama, a drop of 10-percent. Informal surveys point the same direction, even more dramatically. The Daily Caller reports that only 27-percent of likely voters ages 18-28 say they are committed to vote for Obama again, down from the 83-percent that say they did vote for him. Why the shift? Obama wants to tax and spend, leaving this young generation to pick up the slack. This is certainly a plausible answer. Let’s take a look at some of the ways in which Obama is hurting these young people.

DEBT: Obama has asked for a clean debt increase, meaning that the U.S. would continue to spend by borrowing the money. He doesn’t want to cut spending and doesn’t even seem willing to compromise. Borrowing these large amounts of money will only place harder and more severe debts on these people under 30. It is them, not the current maturing generation that make up most of the legislature and Obama’s administration, who will foot the bill...

Read more: http://www.atr.org/obama-economy-hits-young-people-hardest-a6214#ixzz1ObZscTct

(Excerpt) Read more at atr.org ...

________________________ ________________________ __

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: June 08, 2011, 07:59:49 AM »
Rasmussen: Only 24% Say They Share Obama's Political Views
Rasmussen Reports ^ | June 8, 2011 | Scott Rasmussen

Most voters still believe President Obama is more liberal than they are, while just one-out-of-four say they share the same ideological views as the president.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that 54% of Likely U.S. Voters think Obama is more ideologically liberal than they are, while only 13% view him as more conservative. Twenty-four percent (24%) say their political views are about the same as the president's.

Most Mainstream voters (65%) say Obama is more politically liberal than they are, while those in the Political Class tend to view the president's views as more liberal or about the same as theirs.

Fifty-four percent (54%) of voters believe Obama is qualified to be president.

(Excerpt) Read more at rasmussenreports.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2011, 10:26:21 AM »
Rasmussen: Only 24% Share Obama's Political Views
Wednesday, 08 Jun 2011
By Henry J. Reske

Just 24 percent of likely voters agree with President Barack Obama’s political views, a number identical to those of House Republicans and Democrats, a new Rasmussen Reports poll shows.

The president’s numbers are the worst since last August.

The telephone poll showed that 54 percent think Obama’s political views are more liberal than theirs, 13 percent more conservative, and 24 percent about the same.

The number of people viewing the president as more liberal has been in the mid-50s since last August, climbing to 61 percent in February.

However, members of Congress fare no better. The Rasmussen poll found that just 24 percent held the same political views of the average Republican and Democrat.

For the first time, the poll found that voters feel the agenda of congressional Republicans is “nearly as extreme as that of Democrats in Congress.”

Obama is viewed as qualified to be president by 54 percent, while GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney is the only Republican to poll as well on that question.

The poll also found that for the second week in a row, a generic GOP candidate edges out Obama 45 to 42 percent in a potential matchup.

The survey of 1,000 likely voters was conducted on June 2-3 by Rasmussen Reports with a sampling margin of plus or minus 3 percent.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Obama-Rasmussen-poll-Romney/2011/06/08/id/399293