Author Topic: Official Barack Obama Re-Election Thread  (Read 45133 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Official Barack Obama Re-Election Thread
« Reply #250 on: July 17, 2011, 11:17:43 AM »
Does she work for the govt.

Nope.  She's the executive director of a nonprofit corp. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #251 on: July 17, 2011, 08:29:14 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

244 mega-fund-raisers rake in the money for Obama
Chicago Sun Times ^ | 7/17/11 | Lynn Sweet
Posted on July 17, 2011 9:29:36 PM EDT by Nachum

WASHINGTON — The Obama re-election team released the names of more than 244 mega-fund-raisers Friday — including 31 who raised at least $500,000 to bankroll the Obama 2012 campaign and the Democratic National Committee.

The fund-raisers are known in the political business as “bundlers,” people who use their extensive networks to raise money on behalf of a candidate. The Obama for America campaign calls their bundlers “volunteer fund-raisers.”

The Obama team disclosed the 244 bundlers (in a few cases couples or business partners were counted as one bundling unit) who collected at least $50,000. No one from the Chicago area — or Illinois for that matter — hit the elite ranks of bundlers who raised at least $500,000.

The list contained the names of 21 Obama bundlers from the Chicago area, many who were bundlers for 2008:

(Excerpt) Read more at suntimes.com ...

TOPICS: News/Current Events; Politics/Elections; Click to Add Topic
KEYWORDS: 2012fundraisers; bho2012; dncrico; fundingtheleft; fundraisers; kingofthedeficit; megafundraisers; money; notaxes4dnc; rake; rico; Click to Add Keyword

Long time reader, never donated? Click here to git 'er done!!

[ Report Abuse | Bookmark ]
Tax everybody... except my friends
1 posted on July 17, 2011 9:29:42 PM EDT by Nachum
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies | Report Abuse]
To: Nachum
Raising millions to get the “big money” out of politics.

Now pay your taxes - the government is broke. :)

2 posted on July 17, 2011 9:34:40 PM EDT by Tzimisce (Never forget that the American Revolution began when the British tried to disarm the colonists.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies | Report Abuse]
Just raking in (taking back) the stimulus money given to the unions.

The slush stimulus con job in action.

The mother’s milk of democrat politicians.

This is exactly why public union collective bargaining is no different than dealing with the devil and has to come to an end.

3 posted on July 17, 2011 9:36:03 PM EDT by A'elian' nation (Political correctness does not legislate tolerance; it only organizes hatred. Jacques Barzun)
Commies certainly have big bucks.

4 posted on July 17, 2011 9:36:45 PM EDT by presently no screen name
† $50,000 to $100,000: ComEd’s Frank Clark; in dustrialist James Crown; Newsweb’s Fred Eychaner; Molly and William Mahoney; Steve Cohen; lawyer Judd Miner; lawyer David Solow, and Tabula Tua’s Grace Tsao-Wu.

† $100,000 to $200,000: Real estate executive Bob Satawake and James “Wally Brewster; Mesirow’s Les Coney; Goldman Sachs’ Vicki Heyman; Transunion’s Penny Pritzker, who was Obama’s 2008 national fi nance chair; Cubs executive Laura Ricketts, and Catbird’s Tamar guy and Andy Schapiro.

† $200,000 to $500,000: Walton St. Capital’s Neil Bluhm; Ariel’s John Rogers and Mellody Hobson, and Grosvenor Capital’s Michael Sacks.

Obama has rewarded his best fund-raisers from his 2008 campaign, from handing out ambassadorships —

According to the Center for Public Integrity, one-third of the Obama 2008 campaign’s 556 bundlers were appointed by Obama to jobs or advisory posts. Of the mega fund-raisers — those raising more than $500,000 in 2008, fully 80 percent landed “key administration” posts — many on advisory panels. According to CPI, 24 bundlers are serving as ambassadors.

5 posted on July 17, 2011 9:38:14 PM EDT by kcvl
in a few cases couples or business partners were counted as one bundling unit
A few? So I guess the rest were the FILTHY RICH that the 0media keep hidden and DON'T pay higher taxes because they're 0bama's donors?

6 posted on July 17, 2011 9:42:31 PM EDT by TribalPrincess2U (I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America.. VOTE out the RATS!)
are they sure it wasn’t 666 fund raisers?

7 posted on July 17, 2011 9:57:35 PM EDT by TexasFreeper2009 (Obama = Epic Fail)
To: TexasFreeper2009
Party of the RICH?

8 posted on July 17, 2011 10:00:27 PM EDT by scooby321
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies | Report Abuse]
This is bullcrap,these traitors are trying to buy the office for that African, Sedition supporting Commie..
9 posted on July 17, 2011 10:12:48 PM EDT by Cheetahcat ( November 4 2008 ,A date that will live in Infamy.)
To: Cheetahcat
The list is dominated by Jews.

10 posted on July 17, 2011 10:21:01 PM EDT by balls (0 lies like a Muslim (Google "taqiyya"))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies | Report Abuse]
To: kcvl
Laundered money from George Soros and foreign governments.

11 posted on July 17, 2011 10:28:11 PM EDT by DarthVader (That which supports Barack Hussein Obama must be sterilized and there are NO exceptions!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies | Report Abuse]
Bundling or not, all the names and amounts contributed must still be revealed to insure none went over the limit

0bama did this last round by having thousands Of unnamed donators under $500. Of course, $10 million would have been donated in a series of ‘minor’ donations from anonymous sources

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: July 18, 2011, 06:04:58 AM »
Nearly half of Obama’s $86M traceable to bundlers
Washington Times ^ | 7/17/11 | Luke Rosiak

The campaign fundraising efforts of President Obama raised $86 million in the past three months from 500,000 people — but at least $35 million of it can be traced to just 244 well-connected supporters who collected contributions from wealthy friends. Just 634 donations from people giving $30,000 or more to the Obama Victory Fund comprise $23 million, while the 1,335 donations the fund received from those giving $250 add up to about $336,000, a Washington Times analysis shows. The campaign has branded itself as a new type of political operation and touted its reliance on a grassroots network

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _

Disgusting 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: July 18, 2011, 11:42:45 AM »
Source: Detroit Free Press

Romney holds onto edge over Obama in Michigan election, poll shows
1:02 PM, Jul. 18, 2011
BY TODD SPANGLER
DETROIT FREE PRESS WASHINGTON STAFF

WASHINGTON -- Republican Mitt Romney continues to hold a small lead over President Barack Obama in a head-to-head matchup in Michigan, the latest EPIC-MRA Michigan poll showed Monday.

But support for Romney, a former Massachusetts governor whose father George was a three-term governor in Michigan, softened since the last poll in February, the new poll indicated.

The poll showed 46% of likely voters either supporting or leaning toward supporting Romney, compared to 41% supporting or leaning toward supporting Obama, with 12% undecided. Romney is considered to be the presumptive frontrunner among the large field of Republicans running for the nomination to face the Democrat, Obama, next year.

Romney’s overall edge over Obama in Michigan changed little from the 46%-41% margin he held in Lansing-based EPIC-MRA’s poll done five months ago. But Obama held a 39%-34% among voters who voiced clear support for one or the other. In February, both men were at 38% in terms of clear support.

Read more: http://www.freep.com/article/20110718/NEWS15/110718052/... |topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

________________________ ________________________ _______

Wow!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: July 18, 2011, 01:38:02 PM »
Civitas Poll: In Potential Matchup, Texas Gov. Rick Perry Ahead of Obama
Civitas Institute ^ | 7-18-2011 | Press Release

Civitas Poll: In Potential Matchup, Texas Gov. Rick Perry Ahead of Obama
Press Release-July 18, 2011

Raleigh, N.C. – Texas Republican Gov. Rick Perry leads Barack Obama 45 percent to 42 percent among North Carolina voters in a potential presidential matchup, according to a new poll released by the Civitas Institute.

Forty-five percent of voters said they are leaning towards or would vote for Gov. Rick Perry if the election for President of the United States was being held today and the candidates were Perry, the Republican, and Barack Obama, the Democrat. Forty-two percent said they are leaning towards or would vote for Obama, and 9 percent said they are undecided.

“For the President to be trailing an unannounced candidate in a state he barely won in 2012 has to be concerning for the Obama team,” said Civitas Institute President Francis De Luca. “If Obama is hoping to catch lightning again and win North Carolina, he is going to have to hope for a weaker opponent than Gov. Perry or a big bounce from having the Democratic National Convention here next year.”

Republican (81 percent Perry – 8 percent Obama) and Democratic voter (17 percent Perry – 69 percent Obama) support falls along party lines between the potential candidates. Unaffiliated voters, the fastest growing voter segment in the state, would choose Perry over Obama by a 53 percent to 32 percent margin...

(Full results and crosstabs available at link)

(Excerpt) Read more at nccivitas.org ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #255 on: July 18, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »
Perry is ahead because he's unknown.  Just like "unnamed repub" is going to be ahead.

Just like "unnamed repub" was leading harry reid, 75 to 25%.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #256 on: July 18, 2011, 01:49:48 PM »
Perry is ahead because he's unknown.  Just like "unnamed repub" is going to be ahead.

Kinda like Obama in 2008?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: July 18, 2011, 01:50:03 PM »

When Obama loses in a landslide - you should I have a blankie on my shoulder for you?  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #258 on: July 18, 2011, 01:53:32 PM »
I dunno... I talked to a buddy of mine yesterday and he voted for McCain and said with the current Republican prospects, he will most likely vote for Obama.

I admit that the field of Republicans is sketchy at best... I find it extremely odd.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: July 18, 2011, 01:55:18 PM »
I dunno... I talked to a buddy of mine yesterday and he voted for McCain and said with the current Republican prospects, he will most likely vote for Obama.

I admit that the field of Republicans is sketchy at best... I find it extremely odd.

Where do you live? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: July 18, 2011, 01:57:07 PM »

That is probably one of the dumbest things I have heard in a long time. 

Seriously.   you live in Cali right?   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: July 18, 2011, 02:00:30 PM »
Kinda like Obama in 2008?

kinda like sharron angle in 2010.

she inherited a position polling 75 to 25 over reid....

and through her own ignorant ass statements and extremism and unwillingness to answer Qs, she ended up losing to a d-bag like reid.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: July 18, 2011, 02:05:29 PM »
kinda like sharron angle in 2010.

she inherited a position polling 75 to 25 over reid....

and through her own ignorant ass statements and extremism and unwillingness to answer Qs, she ended up losing to a d-bag like reid.

Really they media had nothing to do with it did they? If the media would have ignored and covered up all that she would have won most likely. Strange how that works
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: July 18, 2011, 02:09:42 PM »
Funny too - Reid has not passed a budge a in two years, and is now scaring seniors on SS.  yeah, great move by the idiots voting for this this disgusting jerk.

They are getting exactly what they deserve w reid. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2011, 02:32:19 PM »
That is probably one of the dumbest things I have heard in a long time. 

Seriously.   you live in Cali right?   

Virginia dude... This is a Virginia friend.

I live in California and Virginia...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: July 18, 2011, 03:03:58 PM »
Virginia dude... This is a Virginia friend.

I live in California and Virginia...

Here is my formulation: 

Obama second term:  100% guaranty of the following: 2 more kagans on the SC, 4 more years of economic insanity, debt, inflation, chaos, WTF policies, wars, regulatory insanity, businesses refusing to hire, etc etc.  That is 100% guaranty based on obama's current term. 

Bachmann, Paul, Romney, homeless bum, looter dude, whino, drug addict, thief, madoff, etc:  50% of being a fuck up or great. 

Case closed.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #266 on: July 18, 2011, 05:16:43 PM »
Here is my formulation: 

Obama second term:  100% guaranty of the following: 2 more kagans on the SC, 4 more years of economic insanity, debt, inflation, chaos, WTF policies, wars, regulatory insanity, businesses refusing to hire, etc etc.  That is 100% guaranty based on obama's current term. 

Bachmann, Paul, Romney, homeless bum, looter dude, whino, drug addict, thief, madoff, etc:  50% of being a fuck up or great. 

Case closed.   
I thought the same thing with McCain and GWBs 2nd term...

I went 1 and 1.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #267 on: July 19, 2011, 02:09:41 AM »

That's fucking insane. The Republican nominee will be far better than McCain.

And dont give me this fucking shit about the Republican field being bad. They are fucking awesome except for Ron Paul. I admit that the leading conservative - Michelle Bachman- isnt the most impressive, but I would vote for her in a heartbeat over Obama. Everyone else in the field is vastly qualified for the presidency, more qualified than Obama AND McCain.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #268 on: July 19, 2011, 02:38:03 AM »
That's fucking insane. The Republican nominee will be far better than McCain.

And dont give me this fucking shit about the Republican field being bad. They are fucking awesome except for Ron Paul. I admit that the leading conservative - Michelle Bachman- isnt the most impressive, but I would vote for her in a heartbeat over Obama. Everyone else in the field is vastly qualified for the presidency, more qualified than Obama AND McCain.

That's funny, because I think Ron Paul is the possibly the best... Funny how different people think.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: July 20, 2011, 12:33:29 PM »
Election 2012: Generic Presidential Ballot -- Generic Republican Candidate 47%, Obama 41%
Rasmussen ^

President Obama now earns his lowest level of support yet against a generic Republican candidate in a hypothetical 2012 election matchup.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that a generic Republican earns support from 47% of Likely Voters, while the president picks up 41% of the vote.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: July 20, 2011, 03:17:57 PM »
BUT TRUE ADONIS TOLD ME HE IS POPULAR IN NC? 

Raleigh, N.C. – Since May, President Barack Obama has experienced a 14 point shift to the negative in his job approval rating among North Carolina voters, according to a new poll released by the Civitas Institute.  The poll also revealed that voters continue to hold an unfavorable opinion of Democratic Gov. Bev Perdue.

Forty-four percent of voters polled said they approve of the job that Barack Obama is doing as President of the United States.  Fifty-two percent said they disapprove and four percent said they are undecided or do not know.  This is a 14 point swing since a May 2011 Civitas poll when Obama’s job approval rating stood at 51 percent approve – 45 percent disapprove.

Analyzing party registration, Democratic voters overall approve of Obama’s performance (72 percent approve – 25 percent disapprove).  In contrast, Republicans largely disapprove of his performance by an 87 percent to 11 percent margin along with 60 percent of unaffiliated voters.

“This is the largest swing we have seen in the president’s job approval and could be another sign that Obama’s support in North Carolina is waning,” said Civitas Institute President Francis De Luca.

Voter opinion of Gov. Bev Perdue remains unfavorable as 44 percent said they hold a favorable opinion of her while 47 percent said their opinion is unfavorable.  Six percent of voters said they have heard of her but have no opinion, and three percent said they have never heard of Perdue.  Democratic voters (63 percent) continue to view Perdue favorably, while Republican (72 percent) and unaffiliated voters (51 percent) do not.

“Whether it is job approval or favorability ratings, Governor Perdue does not appear to have the support of a majority of North Carolina voters,” added De Luca.

The Civitas Poll is the only regular live-caller poll of critical issues facing North Carolina.  For more information on Civitas polling see http://www.nccivitas.org/category/poll/.

Full Text of Question:

“Do you approve or disapprove of the job that Barack Obama is doing as President of the United States?”

Total Approve – 44%

Total Disapprove – 52%

Strongly Approve – 25%

Somewhat Approve – 19%

Somewhat Disapprove – 13%

Strongly Disapprove – 39%

Undecided/Don’t Know – 4%

“Now I am going to read you a list of people active in politics. After I read each name, please tell me if you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of that person. If you have never heard of that person, just tell me and we’ll go onto the next one: Bev Perdue.”

Total Favorable – 44%

Total Unfavorable – 47%

Very Favorable – 13%

Somewhat Favorable – 31%

Somewhat Unfavorable – 19%

Very Unfavorable – 28%

Heard of/No Opinion – 6%

Never Heard Of – 3%

Click here for full results and crosstabs.

This poll of 600 registered general election voters in North Carolina was conducted July 12-13, 2011 by National Research, Inc. of Holmdel, NJ.  All respondents were part of a fully representative sample of registered voters in North Carolina.  For purposes of this study, voters interviewed had to have voted in at least one of the past three general elections (2006, 2008, 2010) or be newly registered to vote since November 2, 2010.

The confidence interval associated with a sample of this size is such that: 95 percent of the time, results from 600 interviews (registered voters) will be within +-4% of the “True Values.” True Values refer to the results obtained if it were possible to interview every person in North Carolina who had voted in at least one of the past three general elections or is newly registered since November 2, 2010.

###

http://www.nccivitas.org/2011/civitas-poll-obama-sees-14-point-drop-in-job-approval-rating

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: July 22, 2011, 11:25:16 AM »
Obama 41%, Ron Paul 37%

July 22, 2011 Email to a Friend ShareThis.AdvertisementC ongressman Ron Paul may be a long shot to win the Republican presidential nomination, but he runs competitively with President Obama right now.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely Voters shows Paul picking up 37% of the vote, while the president earns 41%. The Texas congressman joins Mitt Romney, Michelle Bachmann, and Rick Perry as candidates within hailing distance of the president at this time.

Rudy Giuliani is another potential candidate who is considered a long shot for the nomination but is competitive with the president. The former mayor of New York City trails Obama by five, 44% to 39%.

But the real story in the numbers is that the president continues to earn between 41% and 49% of the vote no matter which Republican is mentioned as a potential opponent. This suggests that the race remains a referendum on the incumbent more than anything else.

Obama posts a 12-point lead over former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty, 44% to 32%. 

Two Republicans can’t even get to 30% against the president. Businessman Herman Cain and former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman, who served as Obama's ambassador to China, each earn 28% support. New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, considered unlikely to run by most observers, trail the president by seven and nine points respectively. Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum trails by 14.

Obama
 42%
 Romney
 43%
 July 14-15, 2011

Obama
 44%
 Christie
 37%
 July 5, 2011

Obama
 44%
 Perry
 39%
 July 6-7, 2011

Obama
 46%
 Bachmann
 39%
 July 8-9, 2011

Obama
 48%
 Gingrich
 30%
 June 24-25, 2011

Obama
 41%
 Paul
 37%
 June 26-27, 2011

Obama
 44%
 Pawlenty
 32%
 June 28-29, 2011

Obama
 49%
 Cain
 28%
 June 30-July 1, 2011

Obama
 44%
 Huntsman
 28%
 July 2, 2011

Obama
 45%
 Santorum
 31%
 July 10-11, 2011

Obama
 44%
 Guliani
 39%
 July 12-13, 2011

Obama
 47%
 Palin
 38%
 July 16-17, 2011

In reviewing the data, please note that Romney benefits from being perceived as the frontrunner. In 2004, the last time an incumbent president stood for reelection, Vermont Governor Howard Dean was the early Democratic frontrunner, and he polled best against George W. Bush.  Massachusetts Senator John Kerry was always a few points behind. However, once Kerry became the frontrunner in early 2008, his numbers became as good as Dean’s.

Polls conducted a year-and-a-half before an election provide a snapshot of where things are today but give little indication of what the mood might be on Election Day. If the economy substantially improves before November 2012, the president will be heavily favored to win reelection. If the opposite happens and the country endures a double-dip recession, just about any Republican challenger would be favored. If the economy stays as it is today, the race could be very competitive.

A good measure of the president’s reelection prospects is his Job Approval rating among likely voters. His final vote total is likely to be very close to his final Job Approval figures.

Romney leads the polls for the GOP nomination among Republican primary voters. However, it is far too early for the polls to give a sense of who is likely to emerge as the Republican nominee. In 2008, John McCain never took the lead in a national primary poll until December 31, 2007.

A full demographic breakdown are available to Platinum Members only.

Please sign up for the Rasmussen Reports daily e-mail update (it’s free) or follow us on Twitter or Facebook. Let us keep you up to date with the latest public opinion news. 

ShareThis
Rasmussen Reports is an electronic media company specializing in the collection, publication and distribution of public opinion polling information.  We poll on a variety of topics in the fields of politics, business and lifestyle, updating our site’s content on a news cycle throughout the day, everyday.

Rasmussen Reports Platinum Members get an all-access pass to polling news, analysis and insight not available to the general public.

Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, has been an independent pollster for more than a decade. To learn more about our methodology, click here.

Seven national surveys of 1,000 Likely Voters each were conducted June24-July 17, 2011 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error for each survey is +/- 3% with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology. 

TOP STORIES

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: July 22, 2011, 11:31:35 AM »
A sneak peak at the Obama campaign posters for 2012

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: July 22, 2011, 01:26:43 PM »
Really they media had nothing to do with it did they? If the media would have ignored and covered up all that she would have won most likely. Strange how that works

the media?  LOL!  She admitted she only went on fox news because she made a lot of donations when she did it.  she said a lot of bonehead shit.

why is it that the media only 'picks on' the people who say really stupid shit over and over?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: July 22, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »
the media?  LOL!  She admitted she only went on fox news because she made a lot of donations when she did it.  she said a lot of bonehead shit.

why is it that the media only 'picks on' the people who say really stupid shit over and over?

Yeah OK, the media did no cover up for all the stupid fucking shit Obama said did they? Obama is the king of saying stupid shit over and over, but I guess thats OK he's only the POTUS. I used to think you were just fucking with 333 now i'm starting to think you really have bought into the whole messiah image.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ