Author Topic: crysis 2  (Read 20883 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: crysis 2
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2011, 06:07:56 PM »
I'll take the one where games like MW2 weren't decimated by hackers, can have cross game voice chat, where voice works in every game, and where downloads are quick and install at the same time.

who is still playing mw 2?

who needs to chat while playing a game?  am i the only one that doesn't want to be bothered while playing?  with phones, email and facebook i think we are connected with people more than enough

i'm willing to wait a little longer for ZERO dollars

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2011, 06:18:33 PM »
yes you do care, that is why you alwaqys debate it and will tell everybody that the 360 is better

how on earth would you know what underwear another man wears? ???

E

I don't care.  In any medium, I just hate when somebody throws out statements as fact when they're just blatantly untrue and can be easily proved wrong.  This particular category is one I have ties to, and happen to know stuff about.  I know Sony's taken a bath on the PS3, at one point jeopardizing the PS4.  It happens though, no system dominates for three cycles.  Sony was on its third playstation, and got beat by Nintendo and Microsoft.

But, as I've stated many, many times, I don't argue about what constitutes a great game to someone, since it's a completely subjective argument, and has no wrong answers.  What is good to one is crap to someone else.

The Tomlin thing was just for fun because I think this discussion has run its course.  I think Tomlin's the fucking man, and I'm  Giants fan.  I like Coughlin, but would love to have a coach like Tomlin.

Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2011, 06:24:51 PM »
I don't care.  In any medium, I just hate when somebody throws out statements as fact when they're just blatantly untrue and can be easily proved wrong.  This particular category is one I have ties to, and happen to know stuff about.  I know Sony's taken a bath on the PS3, at one point jeopardizing the PS4.  It happens though, no system dominates for three cycles.  Sony was on its third playstation, and got beat by Nintendo and Microsoft.

But, as I've stated many, many times, I don't argue about what constitutes a great game to someone, since it's a completely subjective argument, and has no wrong answers.  What is good to one is crap to someone else.

The Tomlin thing was just for fun because I think this discussion has run its course.  I think Tomlin's the fucking man, and I'm  Giants fan.  I like Coughlin, but would love to have a coach like Tomlin.

you speak too soon, the console war is far from over because it will be awhile before the next one is released

sony will not dominate but they will win

what are your favorite 360 games anyways?  exclusive games

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »
Talking exclusivity is pointless... no one makes better exclusive games than Nintendo.

On the Xbox you get Halo.

On the PS3 you get Metal Gear Solid? (Is that even an exclusive?) Banjoo Kazooie? I dunno what's exclusive on the PS3 honestly.

Let's be clear though, none of them will compare to whatever Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Super Smash Brothers type of shit on the Nintendo machine.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2011, 06:31:09 PM »
you speak too soon, the console war is far from over because it will be awhile before the next one is released

E

Seen any good horrors lately, Earl? I heard Insidious is pretty good but haven't seen it yet.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2011, 06:35:49 PM »
Seen any good horrors lately, Earl? I heard Insidious is pretty good but haven't seen it yet.

no dude, can't you see that i've become a video game nerd, i hardly have time for movies :)

heavy rain was pretty intense, ps3 exclusive 8)

E
E

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2011, 06:37:21 PM »
no dude, can't you see that i've become a video game nerd, i hardly have time for movies :)

heavy rain was pretty intense, ps3 exclusive 8)

E

Haha alright then. I'm a hardcore gamer myself, although I'm on a break from it for a while.

Check out Insidious if you get a chance. Everyone says it's one of the scariest movies ever.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2011, 06:41:24 PM »
Talking exclusivity is pointless... no one makes better exclusive games than Nintendo.

On the Xbox you get Halo.

On the PS3 you get Metal Gear Solid? (Is that even an exclusive?) Banjoo Kazooie? I dunno what's exclusive on the PS3 honestly.

Let's be clear though, none of them will compare to whatever Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Super Smash Brothers type of shit on the Nintendo machine.

mario, zelda etc are played out and aren't entertaining anymore, seriously how many times can people rescue the princess from bowser before it gets old?  i played donkey kong country returns and i swear i thought i played that game in 95 on super nintendo

ps3 has uncharted, heavy rain, god of war, infamous, last guardian, killzone, resistance, little big planet, twisted metal, mlb the show,

this is sony's biggest problem, marketing

how can the general public be aware of these great games when they aren't even marketed?  microsoft gets the shitty kinect on oprah for chirst sakes

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2011, 06:42:33 PM »
Haha alright then. I'm a hardcore gamer myself, although I'm on a break from it for a while.

Check out Insidious if you get a chance. Everyone says it's one of the scariest movies ever.

maybe i'll download it tonight and check it out soon

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2011, 06:46:24 PM »
mario, zelda etc are played out and aren't entertaining anymore, seriously how many times can people rescue the princess from bowser before it gets old?  i played donkey kong country returns and i swear i thought i played that game in 95 on super nintendo

ps3 has uncharted, heavy rain, god of war, infamous, last guardian, killzone, resistance, little big planet, twisted metal, mlb the show,

how can the general public be aware of these great games when they aren't even marketed?  microsoft gets the shitty kinect on oprah for chirst sakes

E

Sorry man... Not a single one of those is better than Zelda, Mario, Star Fox, or the like... Super Smash Brothers crushes almost all other fighting games... You may think that they are "boring" or what have you... but sales don't lie... Those games are gold and lots of fun. I have bought every one of them.

Unless you're one of these people who just think "nintendo is for kids", which means I can't have a logical discourse because you've got your mind all made up.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2011, 06:46:51 PM »

E

I still don't get how you draw that conclusion.  They're way behind in NA, and are losing every month.  The numbers just don't add up.

And, from what I've heard, the next Xbox will be around sooner than we think.

I hope your're just asking me about exclusives for the sake of conversation, and not trying to get into any discussion about which console has better exclusives, because you know how I feel about subjectivity.

Favorite 360 exclusives:  Gear of War 2, Halo 3
Favorite PS3 exclusives:  God of War series, MGS4
Cross platform:  Cod MW2, Black Ops (multiplayer only), Lego games with my son
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2011, 06:49:56 PM »

E

Not marketed?  The current PS3 TV campaign is awesome.  PS3 and 360 gamers don't buy games because of ad campaigns - most are pretty educated from the net on the selections they make. The reason those games you listed don't sell well is because they're not perceived to be as good as you think they are.  You an tu are arguing a subjective medium.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2011, 06:51:09 PM »
Sorry man... Not a single one of those is better than Zelda, Mario, Star Fox, or the like... Super Smash Brothers crushes almost all other fighting games... You may think that they are "boring" or what have you... but sales don't lie... Those games are gold and lots of fun. I have bought every one of them.

Unless you're one of these people who just think "nintendo is for kids", which means I can't have a logical discourse because you've got your mind all made up.

you don't even know what they are, yet they are worse ::)

sales don't lie? you sound like grape ape, i guess mcdonalds is the best restaurant in the world haha

those games aren't for kids, they are just repetitive at this point

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2011, 06:53:48 PM »

sales don't lie? you sound like grape ape, i guess mcdonalds is the best restaurant in the world haha

E

How else do you measure a subjective medium?  By your opinion?  That's what you seem to be doing.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2011, 06:54:18 PM »
I still don't get how you draw that conclusion.  They're way behind in NA, and are losing every month.  The numbers just don't add up.

And, from what I've heard, the next Xbox will be around sooner than we think.

I hope your're just asking me about exclusives for the sake of conversation, and not trying to get into any discussion about which console has better exclusives, because you know how I feel about subjectivity.

Favorite 360 exclusives:  Gear of War 2, Halo 3
Favorite PS3 exclusives:  God of War series, MGS4
Cross platform:  Cod MW2, Black Ops (multiplayer only), Lego games with my son

there is more to the world than NA, is oprah on throughout the world to promote the 360?

have you played all the ps3 exclusives?
E

E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2011, 06:54:47 PM »

those games aren't for kids, they are just repetitive at this point

E

I know what they are... I don't know about "Exclusivity"... Nor do I care.

I have played them all, and if there was one I couldn't play, I'd walk over to the company library and check it out and play it... Sales don't lie when it comes to what people purchase in the gaming industry actually... It's not like McDonald's.

See... I can tell you are merely a fan, and that's cool... I appreciate the fans, but you have to understand that because it's an expensive medium... 60 bucks a game. People don't purchase quantity... they purchase quality... Hardcore gamers look a metacritic ratings and things of the like to determine purchases and they do not go with something because it's cheap.

Your comparison to McDonald's is very flawed in that McDonalds sales is about cost... Game sales equates to quality... They are different criteria.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2011, 06:55:48 PM »
How else do you measure a subjective medium?  By your opinion?  That's what you seem to be doing.

so is mcdonald the best restaurant in the world?  they outsell everybody else

you need the majority to tell you what is better? even though the ps3 isn't far behind when it came out a year later and was more expensive?

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2011, 07:00:59 PM »
so is mcdonald the best restaurant in the world?  they outsell everybody else

you need the majority to tell you what is better? even though the ps3 isn't far behind when it came out a year later and was more expensive?

E

Isn't that far behind?  Read the data.  To paraphrase for you because it's not sinking in:  The PS3 got destroyed in North America, the most important gaming market.  They are slightly ahead in Europe.  The win Japan by default, and is the only reason they are not left completely in the dust, because they get spotted 5 million units there.

And, according to the INDUSTRY STANDARD MARKETING REASEARCH COMPANY, NPD, the 360 has been dominating for the last CURRENT NINE MONTHS.  That has nothing to do with a launch head start five years into a console's life cycle.

I thought you were just baiting, but you really just don't understand this stuff, even when it's laid out for you at the most simple levels.  You just don't understand trend, gaming markets, console life cycles, or simple math.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2011, 07:09:16 PM »
I know what they are... I don't know about "Exclusivity"... Nor do I care.

I have played them all, and if there was one I couldn't play, I'd walk over to the company library and check it out and play it... Sales don't lie when it comes to what people purchase in the gaming industry actually... It's not like McDonald's.

See... I can tell you are merely a fan, and that's cool... I appreciate the fans, but you have to understand that because it's an expensive medium... 60 bucks a game. People don't purchase quantity... they purchase quality... Hardcore gamers look a metacritic ratings and things of the like to determine purchases and they do not go with something because it's cheap.

Your comparison to McDonald's is very flawed in that McDonalds sales is about cost... Game sales equates to quality... They are different criteria.

well exclusivity should be the main reason people choose a console over another, why buy one console if you feel it's exclusives are far worse than the other?  if i want action adventure titles why choose 360 when their big exclusives are shooters when there are plenty of muliti platform shooters?

you bring up metacritic, black ops is the best selling game ever and there are plenty of games with a higher rating, people buy whatever is marketed the best and what they enjoyed in the past even though it is basically the same game each year like madden and MARIO

black ops had kobe bryant and jimmy kimmel in it's commercial, killzone had some guy named kevin butler

microsoft first aired the gears 2 trailer during sunday night football

sony doesn't pony up to market their games, heavy rain was unlike any game i've ever seen and i've never seen a commercial for it

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2011, 07:13:20 PM »
Not marketed?  The current PS3 TV campaign is awesome.  PS3 and 360 gamers don't buy games because of ad campaigns - most are pretty educated from the net on the selections they make. The reason those games you listed don't sell well is because they're not perceived to be as good as you think they are.  You an tu are arguing a subjective medium.

if they aren't as good as i think they are, than why do they score in the high 8's to mid 9's on metacritic?

how many killzone or resistance commercials have you seen?  how many halo or call of duty commercials have you seen?  a lot more

both of those ps3 exclusives are rated just as high, they just aren't marketed anywhere near as well

i honestly don't know of this ps3 tv campaign, and i watch a lot of tv ;)

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2011, 07:13:35 PM »
well exclusivity should be the main reason people choose a console over another, why buy one console if you feel it's exclusives are far worse than the other?  if i want action adventure titles why choose 360 when their big exclusives are shooters when there are plenty of muliti platform shooters?

you bring up metacritic, black ops is the best selling game ever and there are plenty of games with a higher rating, people buy whatever is marketed the best and what they enjoyed in the past even though it is basically the same game each year like madden and MARIO

black ops had kobe bryant and jimmy kimmel in it's commercial, killzone had some guy named kevin butler

microsoft first aired the gears 2 trailer during sunday night football

sony doesn't pony up to market their games, heavy rain was unlike any game i've ever seen and i've never seen a commercial for it

E

COD is the best selling video game in the US of all time... like 14 Million.

Super Mario Brothers is the best selling console video game of all time with 40+ million copies.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2011, 07:17:42 PM »
COD is the best selling video game in the US of all time... like 14 Million.

Super Mario Brothers is the best selling console video game of all time with 40+ million copies.

yes they built a brand and people will continue to buy even if no changes or improvements are made

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2011, 07:19:36 PM »
Isn't that far behind?  Read the data.  To paraphrase for you because it's not sinking in:  The PS3 got destroyed in North America, the most important gaming market.  They are slightly ahead in Europe.  The win Japan by default, and is the only reason they are not left completely in the dust, because they get spotted 5 million units there.

And, according to the INDUSTRY STANDARD MARKETING REASEARCH COMPANY, NPD, the 360 has been dominating for the last CURRENT NINE MONTHS.  That has nothing to do with a launch head start five years into a console's life cycle.

I thought you were just baiting, but you really just don't understand this stuff, even when it's laid out for you at the most simple levels.  You just don't understand trend, gaming markets, console life cycles, or simple math.

all due to a cheaper price, a year head start, and superior marketing

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »
yes they built a brand and people will continue to buy even if no changes or improvements are made

E

Every game is an improvement over the last one dude.

At one time Medal of Honor was the de-facto Military FPS, it's not anymore.... Why?

Because they didn't change with the times and they thought they had "the brand", but then COD came by and did make improvements and stole the show... Now Medal of Honor tries to catch up... and they are, but it does take time.

So for every one of your points, I can shoot it down with actual fact when it comes to games... People don't buy Mario because it's Mario... they buy it because either gameplay, graphics, story... something in it is different / better than the ones previous.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2011, 07:30:17 PM »
Every game is an improvement over the last one dude.

At one time Medal of Honor was the de-facto Military FPS, it's not anymore.... Why?

Because they didn't change with the times and they thought they had "the brand", but then COD came by and did make improvements and stole the show... Now Medal of Honor tries to catch up... and they are, but it does take time.

So for every one of your points, I can shoot it down with actual fact when it comes to games... People don't buy Mario because it's Mario... they buy it because either gameplay, graphics, story... something in it is different / better than the ones previous.

well i mentioned donkey kong country returns, it was an improvement over the 90's version (which i loved) but it wasn't a big step up at all, infact i thought it was less fun

how was mario galaxy that much different than mario 64?  better graphics?  sure but you are still collecting stars and rescuing the princess from bowser, the story and gameplay never changes

nintendo was innovative with motion control, but they haevn't created any new great games in over 15 years, they just recycle the same games with better graphics, graphics are supposed to improve with tim and the graphics that aren't even HD,

all the ps3 exclusives (except for metal gear and god of war) were created with this console generation, sony constantly creates new stories and characters and that is what impresses me

E
E