Author Topic: crysis 2  (Read 20737 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: crysis 2
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2011, 04:22:14 AM »
lol it is a badass game, and no i just trolled about the scary part :D

You know I just realized, if one has a 3D capable PC, the game has an option to switch it into 3D!   Same thing on the PS3 or no?  Because I know the new Killzone can be played in 3D on the PS3!

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2011, 06:53:21 AM »
You know I just realized, if one has a 3D capable PC, the game has an option to switch it into 3D!   Same thing on the PS3 or no?  Because I know the new Killzone can be played in 3D on the PS3!
no idea if you can do that. just finnished the game, thinking about playing it again.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2011, 12:05:12 PM »
no idea if you can do that. just finnished the game, thinking about playing it again.

Yes, it's 3D capable... The PS3 and PC both do 3D. if you have the correct hardware.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2011, 12:30:42 PM »
Yes, it's 3D capable... The PS3 and PC both do 3D. if you have the correct hardware.

Lame that Xthat BOX never stepped up into the 3D game....  hell.. they didn't even step up into Blu Ray Compatibility!  So weak!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2011, 01:06:27 PM »
Lame that Xthat BOX never stepped up into the 3D game....  hell.. they didn't even step up into Blu Ray Compatibility!  So weak!

They never did blu-ray because they'd have to pay Sony, which they're never going to do.  Plus, in the future, streaming is where it's at.

As for 3d gaming, it's pretty lame at this point, and take major frame rate hits.  There's no market for it anyway - it didn't help Killzone 3 sales.

You making any Gears progress?
Y

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2011, 01:55:11 PM »
They never did blu-ray because they'd have to pay Sony, which they're never going to do.  Plus, in the future, streaming is where it's at.

As for 3d gaming, it's pretty lame at this point, and take major frame rate hits.  There's no market for it anyway - it didn't help Killzone 3 sales.

Nah, haven't touched gears in a very long time, was busy with Shadow Complex, and Halo Reach lol.... need to get back into it!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2011, 06:37:04 PM »

Well, I personally am more upset they didn't go blu-ray as an add on because of the fact that to date, the PS3 is still the world's best blu-ray player... I'm not talking about games... A game is still only about 3 or so Gigabytes max after compilation and compression, but the blu-ray player for movies... That's a big win for Sony.

I wouldn't care about the PS3 half as much if it didn't have a blu-ray player for all my new netflix movies. I think Microsoft missed the boat there.

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2011, 06:56:40 PM »

3D is a gimmick and it's the worst thing to happen to tvs.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2011, 07:16:23 PM »

For my PhD right now I'm actually working on a research paper on why today's 3DTV's sales have been less than stellar, and the development of glasses free 3D Tv technology and transferring them from prototype to mass production...

The research I'm doing made me realize how happy I am that I didn't buy a 3DTV when I bought a new TV last winter!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2011, 07:32:28 PM »

This is true... a lot of people in the industry (including video directors and the like) also agree with this statement. I think it's ridiculous.

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2011, 07:48:55 PM »
For my PhD right now I'm actually working on a research paper on why today's 3DTV's sales have been less than stellar, and the development of glasses free 3D Tv technology and transferring them from prototype to mass production...

The research I'm doing made me realize how happy I am that I didn't buy a 3DTV when I bought a new TV last winter!

The problem with that is that from what I noticed is that it raised TV prices and you as a customer must pay for this technological flop with most new high-end TV.

Good luck with your PHD Big Ahmad!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2011, 05:28:38 AM »
Well, I personally am more upset they didn't go blu-ray as an add on because of the fact that to date, the PS3 is still the world's best blu-ray player... I'm not talking about games... A game is still only about 3 or so Gigabytes max after compilation and compression, but the blu-ray player for movies... That's a big win for Sony.

I wouldn't care about the PS3 half as much if it didn't have a blu-ray player for all my new netflix movies. I think Microsoft missed the boat there.

PS3 is a very good blu-ray player but it got lapped about a year ago and is no longer the best.  Still great though in that respect.

I can't really say MS missed the boat, since they'd have to pay Sony a fee, and they still beat Sony in console sales, despite getting almost nothing in the Japanese market.  They beat them overall while only getting sales in two of the three markets.  That's a  big win.

Plus, many forget a short time ago it was HD Dvd vs. Bluray.  The 360 had an HD DvD player add on.
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »
PS3 is a very good blu-ray player but it got lapped about a year ago and is no longer the best.  Still great though in that respect.

I can't really say MS missed the boat, since they'd have to pay Sony a fee, and they still beat Sony in console sales, despite getting almost nothing in the Japanese market.  They beat them overall while only getting sales in two of the three markets.  That's a  big win.

Plus, many forget a short time ago it was HD Dvd vs. Bluray.  The 360 had an HD DvD player add on.
No, I remember they had an HD-DVD add on, but unfortunately, the studios didn't go that route... They went bluray... So goes life.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2011, 11:17:55 PM »
PS3 is a very good blu-ray player but it got lapped about a year ago and is no longer the best.  Still great though in that respect.

I can't really say MS missed the boat, since they'd have to pay Sony a fee, and they still beat Sony in console sales, despite getting almost nothing in the Japanese market.  They beat them overall while only getting sales in two of the three markets.  That's a  big win.

in what way are they better?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2011, 03:35:32 AM »

I've often maintained that the PS3 is the best blu-ray player based upon the fact it's software based for most functions.

You can update the software for most new functions and it will just go. That's just my take on it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2011, 08:16:43 AM »

For starters, they're half the price now.  The also have better audio codecs, true-3d, etc...

It wasn't a knock on the PS3, just saying that others players now have a few features that are a little better, and much cheaper.   I loved my PS3 blu-ray.
Y

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2011, 10:37:37 PM »
For starters, they're half the price now.  The also have better audio codecs, true-3d, etc...

It wasn't a knock on the PS3, just saying that others players now have a few features that are a little better, and much cheaper.   I loved my PS3 blu-ray.
no it was a serious question cause i didnt know in what way they are better =)

to be honest if ps3 didnt have the blue ray player i dont think they would have sold as many consolles as they have, i know i bought the ps3 mainly because of it, otherwise i think i would have gone for the xbox.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2011, 11:24:15 PM »

The PS3 does everything in software... Everything you're mentioning can be done to the PS3.

Just make sure you update the software regularly.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2011, 04:50:34 AM »
The PS3 does everything in software... Everything you're mentioning can be done to the PS3.

Just make sure you update the software regularly.

Other blu-rays have better audio codecs.  That's all true.

Yes, the PS3 has the ability to get firmware upgrades, as to most blu-ray players.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2011, 02:57:13 PM »

wrong

http://www.lensoftruth.com/news/ps3-surpasses-xbox-360-now-number-2-home-console-worldwide/

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2011, 04:54:27 PM »
wrong

http://www.lensoftruth.com/news/ps3-surpasses-xbox-360-now-number-2-home-console-worldwide/

E

Earl, Earl, Earl.

I wasn't aware that the Sun Herald of South Mississippi had become the definitive source for console sales within the industry.

Since you really don't know much about this stuff, I'll give you a hint - go find NPD data or something from Michael Pachter and then we'll see what really going on.

But anyway, the article mentioned that "worldwide" demand has been great for the PS3.  As stated before, this is because they are spotted a minimum of 5 million consoles from Japan alone.  The Japanese don't buy the 360, and never will.  The PS3 outsells the XBox in Europe, but the XBox still dominates the most important American market.  In theory, it should not be able to even be close, getting sales in only 2 of the three major markets.

Seriously, though,  I forgot which games you played before you sold your 360 for the PS3.  What were they again?
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2011, 05:08:40 PM »
Keep in mind that the Xbox360 had a full year on the PS3 in terms of release date and these numbers are not accurate as of today... I expect by this winter, the PS3 will overtake the Xbox 360 in terms of numbers both worldwide and North America.

Worldwide sales figures

Wii – 84.64 million as of 31 December 2010[8]
    Xbox 360 – 50 million as of 6 January 2011[30]
    PlayStation 3 – 47.9 million as of 31 December 2010[31]

Japan sales figures

Wii – 11,534,590 as of 1 April 2011[32]
    PlayStation 3 – 6,341,950 as of 1 April 2011[32]
    Xbox 360 – 1,448,665 as of 1 April 2011[32]

Europe sales figures

NOTE: Figures include UK sales, which are listed below.

PlayStation 3 – 16 million as of 17 August 2010[33]

United Kingdom sales figures

Wii – 8.3 million as of 1 October 2010[34]
    Xbox 360 – 3.9 million as of 13 January 2009[35]
    PlayStation 3 - 3 million as of 25 January 2010[36]

United States sales figures

Wii – 30 million as of 10 August 2010[37]
    Xbox 360 – 18.6 million as of 31 December 2009[38]
    PlayStation 3 - nearly 12 million as of 14 April 2010[39]

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2011, 05:23:11 PM »
I expect by this winter, the PS3 will overtake the Xbox 360 in terms of numbers both worldwide and North America.

Why do you believe that?  It doesn't appear to be the trend by the numbers you posted.  But anyway, some of those totals are from December 2009 and the 360 destroyed the PS3 during the 2010 and 2011 holiday season.

And to be honest, I really care who really wins this stuff.  Both consoles are very good machines.
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2011, 05:34:28 PM »
Why do you believe that?  It doesn't appear to be the trend by the numbers you posted.  But anyway, some of those totals are from December 2009 and the 360 destroyed the PS3 during the 2010 and 2011 holiday season.

And to be honest, I really care who really wins this stuff.  Both consoles are very good machines.

Yes, I really believe that.

Latest data is showing games which are released on both platforms is being sold ever so slightly more on the PS3... I expect that is because the PS3 has either come very close to or is already beating the PS3.

I do realize some of the numbers are old... However, I do not believe the Xbox 360 sold more worldwide than the PS3 did during 2010 Holiday. The empirical data does not support that belief. That said, until someone releases more sales numbers (which as of yet, they both appear unable to do) then either way... Nintendo wins.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2011, 06:00:23 PM »

Latest data is showing games which are released on both platforms is being sold ever so slightly more on the PS3... I expect that is because the PS3 has either come very close to or is already beating the PS3.  

Please post where you're getting this from.  I can almost guarantee if you take a sample of Red Dead Redemption, CoD Black Ops and even Crysis 2 you will find this statement to be entirely incorrect.

I do realize some of the numbers are old... However, I do not believe the Xbox 360 sold more worldwide than the PS3 did during 2010 Holiday. The empirical data does not support that belief. That said, until someone releases more sales numbers (which as of yet, they both appear unable to do) then either way... Nintendo wins.

There is no holiday season around the world.  Foreign stuff is tracked by EEDAR and it's not been the most reliable.   I really can't see how you're drawing these conclusions.  What is the empirical data?

Anyway, the vast majority of hardware and software sales reported to the media are actually shipped totals, reported by each publisher and console maker, not actual sales.
Y