Author Topic: Obama says Palestine must be based on 1967 borders  (Read 27363 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Obama says Palestine must be based in 1967 borders
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2011, 11:03:41 AM »
::)  Tell that to Libya.  What you support is nation building - something you Dems seem to love to rally against.

don't support nation building per se, but the only way to get the Palestinian government to function properly and not fall into being a terrorist nation is to build it from the ground up...the Israelis are working well with the Palestinian government on the west bank

Yet Obama can find money for Pakistan, Libya, Egypt, Jordan, Gaza, and on.

you're mixing apples and oranges.....none of those countries were in a perpetual state of war like Israel is..who do you think pays for that???...US!

It doesn't cut through anything and it and it fails to actually propose a solution for the attacks that Israel is consistently under, doesn't address mobility, doesn't address the water rights issue, doesn't address Jerusalem, and on and on.

you can't have everything addressed in one speech..come on...all that stuff will be addressed later..

There's nothing simple about the issue other than maybe one side eliminating the other.  And even that, I would argue, would probably evoke a military backlash via NATO.

no one is going to eliminate the Israelis....they will fight to the last man to keep that land....but if Israel totally wipes out Hezbollah and Hamas, then maybe the Pals will negotiate and sue for peace

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2011, 11:05:43 AM »
In Israel's case that was terrorist activity against arabs and british targets.  There is no innocent side here.  The solution backed by Obama was the same backed by Bush and is the same line backed by Clinton and so forth.  It's the only fair way that will bring about some semblance of peace.  Sure there will still be crazies on both sides trying to expel the other, but that does not mean Palestine does not have a right to exist.

The same UN that called for the creation of a Jewish state, is the same UN that called for a creation of the Palestinian state.  That same UN should enforce it.  Simple as that. 

exactly

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »
Clinton got Peres to offer 95% of what the Palis wanted and Arafat turned it down. 

Since then, these animals have launched rockets, launched intifidas, etc.

Why should these beasts be rewarded for such violent behavior? 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2011, 11:16:20 AM »
If you believe that then you are the stupid one

Trust me, retard. Even in my worst day, I could never be as stupid as you.

This is the stupid test for you:
Given the fact that Obama has failed miserably as president, will you vote for him in 2012?  I know your answer is Yes.  Therefore, you are THE stupid one.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »
The problem is there can't be peace in the ME right now because the Palestinians and Arabs at large there do not want a two state solution. They want a one state solution that involves the Jews being not there, preferably dead. The west can keep pretending that the issue is settlements but it's a ruse. The Arabs do not want the Jews in that region. Also, their leaders want to keep their people in poverty and ignorant. Best means to do that is to continually blame an outside agitator, so the Jews provide that.

Sorry, but the notion that simply ceding back territory fixes any of this is naive and completely ignorant of history and the reality of these people.

Fucking right... This is the problem right here.

Israel is not the country shooting rockets and mortars at other people... They have never attacked unless been attacked.

The "Arab States" want to wipe the "Jewish State" off the map, and they've said so many times. Israel just wants to be left alone... That said, I think we give too much aide in money to Israel, but they are a real partner and I get it.

You have no fucking clue what the audience is here, and the fact that you directed the above post at a poster who never follows the company line, Repub or Dem, proves it.

Just wanted to give a "Thanks" here... Nice to see someone "gets it".

My positions aren't just going to waste...

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2011, 12:05:18 PM »
Interesting.  So you support the actions of Hamas?  Perhaps not the goal but you atleast do not condemn their actions?

Why would I support the actions of Hamas? They want to fight the Israeli's fine, but the cowardly bastards hide behind civilian population to stir up outrage against Israel when they retaliate.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2011, 12:06:32 PM »
In Israel's case that was terrorist activity against arabs and british targets.  There is no innocent side here.  The solution backed by Obama was the same backed by Bush and is the same line backed by Clinton and so forth.  It's the only fair way that will bring about some semblance of peace.  Sure there will still be crazies on both sides trying to expel the other, but that does not mean Palestine does not have a right to exist.

The same UN that called for the creation of a Jewish state, is the same UN that called for a creation of the Palestinian state.  That same UN should enforce it.  Simple as that. 

I'm going to ask you again, how exactly is the UN going to enforce anything?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2011, 12:07:13 PM »
I'm going to ask you again, how exactly is the UN going to enforce anything?

This is a valid question... Have they enforced anything yet?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2011, 12:08:54 PM »

Nothing strikes fear like harsh language and empty resolutions
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2011, 12:09:05 PM »

Yeah - the payoffs in the oil for food mess.  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2011, 12:11:44 PM »
Nothing strikes fear like harsh language and empty resolutions

As always, it's the US footing the bill for these "UN resolutions".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2011, 12:12:51 PM »
As always, it's the US footing the bill for these "UN resolutions".

Obama is also giving billons in aid and canceling out billions in Egyptian debt.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2011, 12:16:49 PM »
Obama is also giving billons in aid and canceling out billions in Egyptian debt.   

Every day we get closer to the 2012 election... Obama fucks up a little bit more.

I hoped for change... I got the shaft.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2011, 12:19:36 PM »
Every day we get closer to the 2012 election... Obama fucks up a little bit more.

I hoped for change... I got the shaft.

Its because he puts his agenda ahead of what is good for the nation and what is called for when circumstances change.   

Its on issue after issue.   Healthcare, etc etc.   

He seems utterly oblivious t reality and has his set agenda in his head, and thats it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2011, 12:28:16 PM »
Hamas Responds to Obama’s Anti-Israel Speech: We Will Not Recognize Israel Under Any Circumstances
gateway pundit ^ | May 20, 2011

Hamas released a statement following the far left president’s naive speech. The terror group will not recognize Israel under any circumstance. YNet News reported:

Obama’s Mideast policy speech Thursday was a “total failure,” Hamas said Thursday evening.

“The (Arab) nation does not need a lesson on democracy from Obama,” said Hamas spokesman in the Gaza Strip, Sami Abu-Zuhri. “Rather, Obama is the one who needs the lesson given his absolute endorsement of Israel’s crimes and his refusal to condemn Israel’s occupation.”

“We will not recognize the Israeli occupation under any circumstances,” the Hamas spokesman said, while adding: “We object to intervention in our internal affairs.”

(Excerpt) Read more at gatewaypundit.rightnetwo rk.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2011, 12:36:54 PM »
Netanyahu tells Obama: Israel cannot go back to the 1967 borders
Haaretz ^ | 5/20/11 | haaretz service

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met with U.S. President Barack Obama in Washington on Friday, holding a closed door session in the Oval Office after which each delivered statements to the press.

The two leaders' comments come a day after the U.S. president's Mideast policy speech called for negotiations for two-state solution based on 1967 lines.

Obama opened the conference saying that the changes in the region such as what has happened in Egypt with the fall of Mubarak, are an opportunity for prosperity. He said that the 'Arab Spring' is a window for change, and that the United States plans to be closely involved.

(Excerpt) Read more at haaretz.com ...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2011, 12:53:59 PM »
Trust me, retard. Even in my worst day, I could never be as stupid as you.

This is the stupid test for you:
Given the fact that Obama has failed miserably as president, will you vote for him in 2012?  I know your answer is Yes.  Therefore, you are THE stupid one.

well nitwit, my answer at this point is yes I would...what republican right now has accomplished more than Obama????

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2011, 01:22:24 PM »
well nitwit, my answer at this point is yes I would...what republican right now has accomplished more than Obama????

It's ok, Forrest Gump. Retards like you are disconnected from reality.

HOPE AND CHANGE!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! That really worked well.

After all is said and done, Obama became the third Bush term that all of you feared and tried to prevent by voting for the incompetent community organizer.

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2011, 01:36:26 PM »
Obama owns your mind numbers guy, you don't go a day without obsessing over him, and just think Obama doesn't even know you exist, he is so far beyond you, mentally and physically you could never even come close, at least this message board is something you have.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2011, 01:43:25 PM »
Obama owns your mind numbers guy, you don't go a day without obsessing over him, and just think Obama doesn't even know you exist, he is so far beyond you, mentally and physically you could never even come close, at least this message board is something you have.

ha ha ha - Stim Bill, Obamacare, cash for clunkers, home tax credit, all FFFFAAAAIIILLLLLL

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2011, 01:51:07 PM »
ha ha ha - Stim Bill, Obamacare, cash for clunkers, home tax credit, all FFFFAAAAIIILLLLLL

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2011, 01:52:12 PM »
Israel's Netanyahu rejects Obama proposal on borders
 4:44pm EDT
By Jeffrey Heller and Matt Spetalnick

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/20/us-obama-mideast-netanyahu-idUSTRE74I7L720110520

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Friday bluntly rejected President Barack Obama's vision for the borders of a future Palestinian state, opening up one of the deepest divides in years between Washington and the Jewish state.

In an unusually sharp rebuke to Israel's closest ally, Netanyahu told Obama his endorsement of a long-standing Palestinian demand to go back to Israel's 1967 boundaries -- meaning big concessions of occupied land -- would leave Israel "indefensible."

"Peace based on illusions will crash eventually on the rocks of Middle East reality," an unsmiling Netanyahu said as Obama listened intently beside him in the Oval Office.

He insisted that Israel was willing to make compromises for peace, but made clear he had major differences with Washington over how to advance the long-stalled peace process.

Netanyahu's firm resistance now raises the question of how hard Obama will push for concessions he is unlikely to get, and whether the peace vision he laid out on Thursday will ever get off the ground.

Despite assurances of friendship by both leaders, this week's events also appeared to herald tense months ahead for U.S.-Israeli relations, even as the Arab world goes through political tumult and Palestinians prepare a unilateral bid this fall for statehood at the United Nations.

Speaking to reporters after the meeting, Obama said he reiterated to Netanyahu the peace "principles" he offered on Thursday in a policy speech on Middle East political upheaval.

The goal, he said, "has to be a secure Israeli state, a Jewish state, but continuous security with a completely functioning and effective Palestinian state."

Obama on Thursday embraced a long-sought goal by the Palestinians: that the state they seek in the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip should largely be drawn along lines that existed before the 1967 war in which Israel captured those territories and East Jerusalem.

But Netanyahu, who heads a right-leaning, pro-settler coalition, said, "We can't go back to those indefensible lines."

CRISIS IN RELATIONS

The brewing crisis in U.S.-Israeli relations dimmed even further the prospect for resuming peace talks that collapsed late last year when Palestinians walked away in a dispute over Israeli settlement building in the West Bank.

The Israeli leader has had strained relations with Obama in the past, and their latest meeting seemed unlikely to improve their personal chemistry.

"There is a feeling that Washington does not understand the reality, doesn't understand what we face," an official on board the plane taking Netanyahu to Washington told reporters.

Israel also has underlined its position by announcing the approval of plans to build 1,550 housing units in two Jewish settlements on annexed West Bank land around Jerusalem.

Obama's first outright declaration of his stance on the contested issue of borders could help ease doubts in the Arab world about his commitment to acting as an even-handed broker.

But in line with Netanyahu's stance, Obama voiced opposition to a Palestinian plan to seek U.N. recognition of statehood in September in the absence of renewed peace talks.

The Democratic president quickly came under fire from Republican critics, who accused him of betraying Israel, the closest U.S. ally in the region.

Pushing Netanyahu risks also alienating the Jewish state's base of support among the U.S. public and in Congress as Obama seeks re-election in 2012.

Obama, in his speech on Thursday, laid down his clearest markers yet on the compromises he believes Israel and the Palestinians must make to resolve a conflict that has long been seen as source of Middle East tension.

But he did not present a formal U.S. peace plan or any timetable for a deal he had once promised to clinch by September.

Talks brokered by Washington at Obama's initiative collapsed last year when Netanyahu refused to extend a moratorium on settlement building in the West Bank.

In Thursday's speech, Obama said: "We believe the borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps" of land.

While this has long been the private view in Washington, Obama went further than U.S. officials have gone in the recent past, when they described such a solution as a Palestinian aspiration but did not embrace it as their own.

Agreed swaps would allow Israel to keep settlements in the West Bank in return for giving the Palestinians other land.

(Additional reporting by Jeffrey Heller, Allyn Fisher-Ilan, Ori Lewis and Nidal al-Mughrabi; Editing by Bill Trott and Philip Barbara)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2011, 01:57:20 PM »

you idiot...this is brilliant strategy...Obama is cancelling something we weren't going to get back anyway.....Egypt wasn't going to pay us back that money...so we engendered a lot of good will for doing nothing...it was brilliant....

you would see this if you weren't so negative

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2011, 02:02:11 PM »
It's ok, Forrest Gump. Retards like you are disconnected from reality.

HOPE AND CHANGE!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! That really worked well.

After all is said and done, Obama became the third Bush term that all of you feared and tried to prevent by voting for the incompetent community organizer.

sigh.....unfortunately your mind is not complex enough to understand what you are saying....and why argue with you?...you're just an angry -ass nothing who posts on bodybuilding boards due to you feeling powerless and frustrated....Obama is president..deal with it....he will be around for four more years..deal with it.....your dumb angry tirades won't change that...

get a psychiatrist...HOPE AND CHANGE in your face!!!!!!...hahahahahhahahhhha

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »
you idiot...this is brilliant strategy...Obama is cancelling something we weren't going to get back anyway.....Egypt wasn't going to pay us back that money...so we engendered a lot of good will for doing nothing...it was brilliant....

you would see this if you weren't so negative

WTF is wrong with you7?