Author Topic: When Miz's Title Run Ends...  (Read 6853 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
When Miz's Title Run Ends...
« on: March 25, 2011, 10:51:05 AM »
IMO, he goes back to mid-card status. I give him credit for doing the best with what he has, but there's nothing about this guy, whether it be look, persona or in-ring ability, that says, "Main Event."

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: When Miz's Title Run Ends...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 11:49:08 AM »
I'm not really a fan of his, but I think he's in the main event scene to stay. He does a lot of appearances, talk shows, etc..which Vince loves, he gets pretty good heat and can talk, which is something most guys can't or aren't allowed to do. He's passable in the ring and I don't think that he's done anything that warrants him being put down the card. It's rare that after a guy is done with a big WM angle that he's sent back down the card.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 11:58:41 AM »
IMO, he goes back to mid-card status. I give him credit for doing the best with what he has, but there's nothing about this guy, whether it be look, persona or in-ring ability, that says, "Main Event."
He was never "main event" status to begin with. WWE mangement just threw him a cookie because there is no one and nothing else left. Titles mean absolutely nothing now as to back in the day they had status. 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 03:09:25 PM »
Miz is a future WWE superstar for sure. He's only getting better and better. He's very entertaining. Timmy is on the fence with him. He definitely needs to hit the gym harder for a better presentation. I thought it was great him changing the W to an M on the belt. They should have ended the segment with that though. But no Cena had to come and steal the show. I really hope he retains at Mania.

I thinke he should retain too. Have Rock cost Cena the belt by accident or on purpose and let them continue their feud. Miz could work with a bunch of guys; Morrison, Orton, or Sheamus. The draft is coming up soon, so who knows what will happen with that.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 05:10:29 PM »
Not impressed with Miz.

Nobody has "it" anymore. :(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 05:12:35 PM »
Not impressed with Miz.

Nobody has "it" anymore. :(

This.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 05:33:20 PM »
Honestly, I haven't sat through a whole RAW in I can't even remember how long. I dunno if it's the whole PG thing and everyone has to hold back or if the "talent" is really that bad.

The only thing I've seen Miz do is attack from behind so I don't know about his wrestling skill, last time I saw him wrestle he was in sparkly shorts or something? His mike skills I would say are average, nothing spectacular.

That's why fans want to see The Rock, Stone Cold, etc.....they had personalities, charisma, mike skills and could put on a show......these new kids coming up? Pfffft. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 06:04:02 PM »
No one has "it" compared to who? Rock and Austin, two of the most charismatic guys in the history of the company, who had free reign to say whatever they wanted? Cena has "it",Miz has "it" Punk has "it", Del Rio has "it". Obviously, he is doing something right because he's been the champion for almost 5 months. If you define "it" as getting a reaction from the crowd and having them in the palm of your hand, making people want to watch you, and making people believe that what you say has meaning behind it, I think Miz has "it'. I doubt they would put the big belt on the guy to "throw him a cookie". They could have kept it on Orton, gave it to Cena, or Punk and if you want to talk about the belts not meaning anything, you can look no further than your precious 'Attitude Era", that's when that started.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 06:12:19 PM »
No one has "it" compared to who? Rock and Austin, two of the most charismatic guys in the history of the company, who had free reign to say whatever they wanted? Cena has "it",Miz has "it" Punk has "it", Del Rio has "it". Obviously, he is doing something right because he's been the champion for almost 5 months. If you define "it" as getting a reaction from the crowd and having them in the palm of your hand, making people want to watch you, and making people believe that what you say has meaning behind it, I think Miz has "it'. I doubt they would put the big belt on the guy to "throw him a cookie". They could have kept it on Orton, gave it to Cena, or Punk and if you want to talk about the belts not meaning anything, you can look no further than your precious 'Attitude Era", that's when that started.

Powerful promo, brother.

The old man ought to throw you a cook...

Nevermind.

;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 06:15:28 PM »
Powerful promo, brother.
In the getbig biz, it's known as a meltdown. ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 06:42:39 PM »
In the getbig biz, it's known as a meltdown. ;D

Only thing badder than that is "ownage" spelled with numbers.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 06:54:42 PM »
If you define "it" as getting a reaction from the crowd and having them in the palm of your hand, making people want to watch you, and making people believe that what you say has meaning behind it, I think Miz has "it'.

From what I have seen, and if you read my earlier post I haven't sat through an entire RAW in forever, Miz doesn't have "it". He's "OK" on the mike, and like I said, last time I actually saw him wrestle, he was wearing sparkly short and had some hip hop gimmick? I think. I do not "believe" in what he says.

Cena, Punk, Orton.....have "it", not familiar with this Del Rio guy.

FWIW, I saw that lanky mother fucker that hangs out with the announcer Micheal Cole.....can't remember his name.......he doesn't have "IT" either, that guy just sucks.

Since massoooo0000OOOOO4 is so high on the "new" guys.....(Punk, Otron, Cena, been around awhile)...besides the Miz, and Del Taco........who is worth watching?  If I set aside Monday night to watch RAW, who can I expect to see that is going to make me want to watch the Monday after that?

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 07:10:49 PM »
From what I have seen, and if you read my earlier post I haven't sat through an entire RAW in forever, Miz doesn't have "it". He's "OK" on the mike, and like I said, last time I actually saw him wrestle, he was wearing sparkly short and had some hip hop gimmick? I think. I do not "believe" in what he says.

Cena, Punk, Orton.....have "it", not familiar with this Del Rio guy.

FWIW, I saw that lanky mother fucker that hangs out with the announcer Micheal Cole.....can't remember his name.......he doesn't have "IT" either, that guy just sucks.

Since massoooo0000OOOOO4 is so high on the "new" guys.....(Punk, Otron, Cena, been around awhile)...besides the Miz, and Del Taco........who is worth watching?  If I set aside Monday night to watch RAW, who can I expect to see that is going to make me want to watch the Monday after that?

You're entitled to your opinion, but if you haven't watched Raw in forever, how can you give a fair assessment on Miz or any of the younger guys? Just because you don't "believe" what he says, doesn't mean that no one else does either. I agree with Riley, he sucks lol. Like I said, I'm not his biggest fan but I do think Miz has a lot of qualities that you want in a top guy.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 07:15:50 PM »
In terms of newer guys, I'm not an expert, just a fan. Danielson, Morrison, Ziggler, Barrett, Sheamus, Swagger, Bourne...all have potential but none of them are complete packages yet. I think Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus,and Danielson are the closest to "there" out of the newer guys. Cody Rhodes too, if you want to include him. I hope we can still be friends, chaos. ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 07:28:27 PM »
massoooo0000OOOOO4 and chaoooo0000OOOOOs are good people.

Moooo0000OOOOOntague15 approved.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 07:33:21 PM »
You're entitled to your opinion, but if you haven't watched Raw in forever, how can you give a fair assessment on Miz or any of the younger guys? Just because you don't "believe" what he says, doesn't mean that no one else does either. I agree with Riley, he sucks lol. Like I said, I'm not his biggest fan but I do think Miz has a lot of qualities that you want in a top guy.
Never claimed it was a fair assessment....... ;)

Jack Swagger!!! That's the douchebag that comes out and beats up King for Micheal Cole, right? That guys just sucks.....actually looks like a bad actor out there. Are his matches any good?

I've seen Morrison, good in action....how is he on the mike? Most of the others I'm not familiar with. Last I saw Cody Rhodes he was with DiBiases kid and Randy Orton....heard he had some kind of vanity gimmick and was doing it pretty good, true?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 07:43:08 PM »
Never claimed it was a fair assessment....... ;)

Jack Swagger!!! That's the douchebag that comes out and beats up King for Micheal Cole, right? That guys just sucks.....actually looks like a bad actor out there. Are his matches any good?

I've seen Morrison, good in action....how is he on the mike? Most of the others I'm not familiar with. Last I saw Cody Rhodes he was with DiBiases kid and Randy Orton....heard he had some kind of vanity gimmick and was doing it pretty good, true?
I think Morrison is pretty bad on the mic..it sounds like he's reading from cue cards. Cody probably has the best character development on Smackdown IMO. Swagger was a collegiate wrestler so his matches are pretty good. He kind of alternates between a goofball and serious gimmick. I don't think they know what to do with him. I'm not saying any of these guys are future megastars but they all have a lot of potential. Even Miz, I think is a work in progress. He was terrible when he first was brought in, he said he thought he was going to be released. He worked hard and I think is hitting his stride. When he lost Tough Enough everyone thought he was done, when he split with Morrison people thought he was going to be a jobber, so who knows? Danielson is an amazing wrestler, he's worked all over the world.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 11:00:28 PM »
He was never "main event" status to begin with. WWE mangement just threw him a cookie because there is no one and nothing else left. Titles mean absolutely nothing now as to back in the day they had status. 

I caught one of his promos shortly after he won the title. In it, he referred to all the great wrestlers who didn't win the title, two being Ricky Steamboat and Roddy Piper. Instead of putting Miz over, the promo made you think about how far the prestige level of the title had fallen.

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 03:47:10 AM »
after his title reign is over, he should team up with santino and sign a contract with tna.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 12:32:47 PM »
I can see them using Miz like they have Jericho, Big Show, and Punk. Have him in the title hunt but move him down on the card occasionally to bolster the mid card.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 05:40:36 PM »
Miz is the best of the current bunch of younger/newer guys, them after him it'd be Ziggler, Barrett, Del Rio and Cody in terms of overall ability/potential.

Sheamus - Can't decide on him, just isn't clicking yet for me.

Danielson - Great ability, obviously experienced, needs to develop a personality, as this ladies man thing will only go so far.

Swagger - Can't get past his lisp, no charisma, but no doubt a good athlete.

Morrison - Amazing athletic ability, just can't cut a promo at all.  He can't do serious, maybe needs to be more silent, maybe get him a manager.

DiBiase - Really disappointed that he's not done anything yet, as a year ago I thought he was going places.

McIntyre - Does nothing for me at all.  Character doesn't quite work, and he needs to cut his hair.

Kofi - Some charisma, but only with the kids it seems.  Doesn't connect with me in any way.  Needs to stop doing the same bouncy moves, I get it, you can jump high.  Try jumping off something high.

DH Smith - Absolutely nothing, looks clumsy in the ring.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 04:28:04 AM »
I think Morrison is pretty bad on the mic..it sounds like he's reading from cue cards. Cody probably has the best character development on Smackdown IMO. Swagger was a collegiate wrestler so his matches are pretty good. He kind of alternates between a goofball and serious gimmick. I don't think they know what to do with him. I'm not saying any of these guys are future megastars but they all have a lot of potential. Even Miz, I think is a work in progress. He was terrible when he first was brought in, he said he thought he was going to be released. He worked hard and I think is hitting his stride. When he lost Tough Enough everyone thought he was done, when he split with Morrison people thought he was going to be a jobber, so who knows? Danielson is an amazing wrestler, he's worked all over the world.
I honestly think that WWE was trying to mold Swagger into their version of Kurt Angle. Same finnisher and all. Swagger is an amazing talant that will develope over time. Don't forget, he's only 23 years old.

Miz has and continues to improve. The last several weeks he has been cutting pretty good promo's and has given Cena a run for his money. He'll do well.

Morrison IMO will float off into oblivion. One super duper corkscrew off a ladder onto the stairs won't make you an instant star. You need the total package (no pun intended to Luger) but he won't get out of a lower card status.

I agree with Timmy on Orton. His best work is done as a major heel. So far he's been ok and I like the fact that he has punt kicked the whole Nexus as they are starting to make me sick. Punk's work is amazing though and he has come a long way. My two pennies.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 07:34:09 PM »
I think I just became a fan of his.
Outed.

Kid has a long way to go, has to develop his own character, right now when I've seen him he looks like he's trying to act....he needs to find himself.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!