Author Topic: Rewards: Flavor of the month bbers?  (Read 5048 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Rewards: Flavor of the month bbers?
« on: March 25, 2011, 05:47:42 PM »
Remember back in the early 2000's the buzz about Dex Jackson? He was often times compared to Shawn Ray (everytime I type his last name, I type "Rat"), not on stage, but that he consistently came in shredded...only a few times was he compared to Shawn outright...then he steadily made "progress", in the mags...and with supp companies, and then Silvio started having the same success, going from a also ran bbing model in Musclemag to legit threat at 2nd tier shows, and the list goes on, to Evan, to Branch

who really makes these decisions? Supp companies, or the "powers that be", or is it some cabal consisting of supp companies, bbing promoters, business insiders, and judges?

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
Re: Rewards: Flavor of the month bbers?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 05:52:52 PM »
Anyone that can make $$$ out of it. If you don't have the next big thing you have the same old boring thing.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 05:53:27 PM »
Remember back in the early 2000's the buzz about Dex Jackson? He was often times compared to Shawn Ray (everytime I type his last name, I type "Rat"), not on stage, but that he consistently came in shredded...only a few times was he compared to Shawn outright...then he steadily made "progress", in the mags...and with supp companies, and then Silvio started having the same success, going from a also ran bbing model in Musclemag to legit threat at 2nd tier shows, and the list goes on, to Evan, to Branch

who really makes these decisions? Supp companies, or the "powers that be", or is it some cabal consisting of supp companies, bbing promoters, business insiders, and judges?

you gotta want it.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 10:21:36 AM »
this is a nice av,

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 10:24:52 AM »

Judges have the final say and when ' your ' favorite bodybuilder doesn't win , it's a FIX a SCAM the sponsors , etc , etc , etc

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 11:22:38 AM »
how about the fact that these bodybuilders actually made improvements.