Author Topic: BANNED From Selling Girl Scout Cookies On Their Own Front Lawn  (Read 1714 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Once upon a time in America, if you were a couple of little girls and you wanted to sell lemonade or girl scout cookies at a little stand in front of your home nobody would give you any problems.  In fact, most of the people passing by would have smiled and would have seen it as a sign of hope that the next generation was being so industrious.  Well, that is not the way that it works anymore.  Today, all across America nightmarish control freaks are seeking to micromanage every single aspect of our lives.  That includes banning young girls from selling girl scout cookies on their own front lawns.  Yes, you read that correctly.  In Missouri of all places, two young girls named Abigail and Caitlin Mills were recently taught a lesson on how to be good citizens in the emerging totalitarian control grid going up all over the United States.  After a complaint from a neighbor, the city of Hazelwood cracked down on the two girls and told them that they must shut down the girl scout cookie stand that they had been operating in their front yard.

cont... http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/young-girls-banned-from-selling-girl-scout-cookies-on-their-own-front-lawn

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: BANNED From Selling Girl Scout Cookies On Their Own Front Lawn
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 05:47:39 AM »
 :D

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 05:58:27 AM »
 >:(

newmom

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 07:40:25 AM »
absolutely BULLSHIT

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 07:41:07 AM »
obama did it

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 07:42:44 AM »
LOL how very unpatriotic of the two little wenches hey you still see that stuff here in Canada lemonade cookies girl slangen that shit on every corner we must be terrorists up here bwhahahahahahahahahah

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 08:26:27 AM »
lol - the economic collapse blog?

surely this is a clear sign on the coming totalitarian states of america (after Obama achieves his secret plan to collapse the nation)

Girl scouts selling cookies sprout up like mushrooms all over my town.  They are usually camped out in front of Barnes and Noble or something like that.   

If their city has an ordinance that you can't sell "commodities" from a residence then why should these girls get some special waiver and it seems like they were it for years anyway until some neighbor complained. 

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Hazelwood-Cookie-Controversy-Update-118579354.html
For the past 5 years the Mills girls sold Girl Scout Cookies from a stand in front of their home.  The city of Hazelwood had warned them in the past that they were violating a city ordinance prohibiting the sale of commodities from a residence.  The city didn't enforce the ordinance until a neighbor complained this year that increased traffic from cookie buyers was causing dogs to bark.  Hazelwood Spokesman Tim Davidson says the city had no choice but to shut down the cookie stand.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 09:53:49 AM »
How big of a DB is the neighbor who complained?  It only takes one.   ::) 

He even refused a free box of cookies:

Well, fortunately this story had somewhat of a happy ending.  Philanthropist George "The Shoeman" Hutchins bought the remaining 36 boxes of girl scout cookies that the girls were trying to sell.  He even had the girls deliver one of the boxes to the angry neighbor for free.  But even that turned into a bit of an incident.  A local news report about the story put it this way....

After "The Shoeman" bought the remaining cookies he wrote a special note on one box for the neighbor who had the stand shut down.  The box of Shortbread Cookies read, "Have a nice day.  Sorry for all your troubles."  Mills says the neighbor refused the cookies when her daughters brought it by.  But the girls eventually convinced the woman to give the cookies to a child in the home.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 09:56:40 AM »
How big of a DB is the neighbor who complained?  It only takes one.    ::) 

He even refused a free box of cookies:

Well, fortunately this story had somewhat of a happy ending.  Philanthropist George "The Shoeman" Hutchins bought the remaining 36 boxes of girl scout cookies that the girls were trying to sell.  He even had the girls deliver one of the boxes to the angry neighbor for free.  But even that turned into a bit of an incident.  A local news report about the story put it this way....

After "The Shoeman" bought the remaining cookies he wrote a special note on one box for the neighbor who had the stand shut down.  The box of Shortbread Cookies read, "Have a nice day.  Sorry for all your troubles."  Mills says the neighbor refused the cookies when her daughters brought it by.  But the girls eventually convinced the woman to give the cookies to a child in the home.

and anoymously at that

clearly has nothing better to do but still, I assume the city had to respond and they do have ordinance and supposedly had warned them in the past but didn't enforce it until someone complained

bfd  - and probably a good learning experience for the kids

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 09:57:06 AM »
I would encourage all of them to sell from their front lawns, so they're not camped out in front of every business in town. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 10:00:23 AM »
I would encourage all of them to sell from their front lawns, so they're not camped out in front of every business in town. 

being in front of a business is probably safer than having cars stopping on the street in front of a house

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 10:05:46 AM »

I wish they would do both.  You have to be a real idiot to have problems with girls selling Girl Scout cookies on their front lawn. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 10:10:42 AM »
I wish they would do both.  You have to be a real idiot to have problems with girls selling Girl Scout cookies on their front lawn. 

neigbor complains

city has warned the girls previously

city officials decide there is less potential liability in enforcing their own ordinance than ignoring it

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 10:12:47 AM »
DB complains.  DB is an idiot.  Village Idiot identifies with DB.  Shocking.  lol . . . .

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 10:15:43 AM »
I cant wait for the day when someone KTFO's one of these busy bodies.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 10:18:35 AM »
I cant wait for the day when someone KTFO's one of these busy bodies.   

Tell me about it.  We have seen, repeatedly, how it only takes one idiot to complain about something that then results in a big brouhaha. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 10:22:30 AM »
DB complains.  DB is an idiot.  Village Idiot identifies with DB.  Shocking.  lol . . . .

city decides there is more liability in not enforcing ordinance, especially since they have a registered complaint and the girls had been warned before

it's not like these girls don't have all the other options available to every other girls scout in the country

funniest part of this story is the right wing echo chamber offering it up as proof of the nanny state

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 10:47:33 AM »
It's why the old saying, the best thing between 2 neighbors is a fence.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 04:46:56 PM »
while I understand what straw is saying, you cant have ppl selling commodities from their house etc. what if it is spoiled or goes bad and someone gets sick etc, or regulations that apply to selling certain commodities.

A little common sense goes a long way, anybody who thinks this isnt just plain stupidity and the neighbor being a bitch is out there

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 04:55:32 PM »
I think it's total crap.  Too many "do gooders" running around trying to do good is not a good thing.  To me, anytime a young person tries to do something enterprising they should be applauded NOT discouraged wi petty regulation bull shit.  

They were girl scout cookies for Christ sake.  

Things that will ruin America:

Corporate execs
Do gooders
Lawyers

newmom

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 05:18:10 PM »
I think it's total crap.  Too many "do gooders" running around trying to do good is not a good thing.  To me, anytime a young person tries to do something enterprising they should be applauded NOT discouraged wi petty regulation bull shit.  

Corporate execs
Do gooders
Lawyers

I posted the article on my facebook wall and my brother in San Diego said a few boys in his neighboorhood, parents were notified the kids are NOT allowed to go door to door to inquire if they need any yard or housework done. WTF, they just trying to make some money

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 05:23:42 PM »
I think it's total crap.  Too many "do gooders" running around trying to do good is not a good thing.  To me, anytime a young person tries to do something enterprising they should be applauded NOT discouraged wi petty regulation bull shit. 

Corporate execs
Do gooders
Lawyers
does political correctness fall under do gooders?

if not you need to add that one ;)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 05:41:57 PM »
I read this a couple of days ago... Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Your own front lawn and you can't sell a cookie... Fuck that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 05:46:58 PM »
Police state.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 05:47:40 PM »

haha   ;D