Author Topic: Why the ketogenic diet is not ideal  (Read 3465 times)

noc

• Getbig IV
Re: Why the ketogenic diet is not ideal
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »
So carb cycling doesn't work?

What is the optimum approach to building muscle and losing fat? Or does it have to be one or the other!?

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 04:50:37 PM »
So carb cycling doesn't work?

What is the optimum approach to building muscle and losing fat? Or does it have to be one or the other!?

Oh carb cycling works great for a lot of guys. Its the extremely low carb/zero carb diets that are at issue. You CAN gain muscle and lose fat at the same times, but its tough and you have to be on point with diet and training to do it.

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:29:02 AM »
Oh carb cycling works great for a lot of guys. Its the extremely low carb/zero carb diets that are at issue. You CAN gain muscle and lose fat at the same times, but its tough and you have to be on point with diet and training to do it.

Recommend any articles on it to follow?

Someone told me to read 'twin peaks' (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm)

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 02:11:46 PM »

Really? I very much doubt it - muscle requires a calorie surplus in which to develop and grow and as a result you won't be very efficient at burning fat. It would take a ridiculously long time to accomplish.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 09:39:17 AM »
Really? I very much doubt it - muscle requires a calorie surplus in which to develop and grow and as a result you won't be very efficient at burning fat. It would take a ridiculously long time to accomplish.
I didnt say fast- or at optimum rates,  but people do it all the time. My out of shape clients gain muscle and lose fat from day 2...,  l,mm 

lesaucer

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 05:44:32 AM »
the key is: keto diet zero carbs all the time except, before training; 10iu humalog+ 300to400g of carbs in this 4 hours window. works wonder  ;)

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 03:21:27 PM »
the key is: keto diet zero carbs all the time except, before training; 10iu humalog+ 300to400g of carbs in this 4 hours window. works wonder  ;)

That regime kinda scares me. I get very bad hypogylcemia already. No fun.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 11:49:14 AM »
not really. the humalog isnt going to make much difference if your already eating that many carbs. the basic concept is correct though. thats how you gan muscle and lose fat. intermittant fasting with proper nutrient timing.

lesaucer

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 11:57:56 AM »
not really. the humalog isnt going to make much difference if your already eating that many carbs. the basic concept is correct though. thats how you gan muscle and lose fat. intermittant fasting with proper nutrient timing.

I do this because im thinking that with 300-400g carbs youd have excess carbs not used thats gonna be stored as fat, but with slin it gets stored right into your muscles as glycogen..

how would you use slin when dieting on less than 30g of carbs?? I tried 12iu today with only 50g of carbs to see if I could benefit from slin without having to eat too much because of hypo.. in short 50g wasnt enough and i ate too much  >:(

lesaucer

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 12:01:17 PM »
I thought maybe use less slin as 4-5ius so im not gonna go hypo, but is it worth it to use slin at a low dose like this, do you still get serious benefits? (using log btw)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 12:44:48 PM »

My training partner used the EXACT same protocol as me  and we ate almost the exactg same things...and he didn't gain fucking shit compared to me on slin.   slin is just so individual. I would say 1 in 10 people respond well to it. You see this on boards all over. That Mutant fella on OLM responds extremely well to insulin for example. Most need alot of it and still may not respond but my body loved the shit and my response to AAS is very average.
l

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 06:32:21 PM »
I do this because im thinking that with 300-400g carbs youd have excess carbs not used thats gonna be stored as fat, but with slin it gets stored right into your muscles as glycogen..

how would you use slin when dieting on less than 30g of carbs?? I tried 12iu today with only 50g of carbs to see if I could benefit from slin without having to eat too much because of hypo.. in short 50g wasnt enough and i ate too much  >:(

well flinstones brings up a good point. its possible you might benefit. but most people dont. if youve already been trying it and dont notice a huge effect, then your definitely not one of those people who do.  if you want to get benefit from insulin on a low carb diet i would suggest you use long acting insulin instead of short acting. with long acting slin you do not have to eat any carbs to counteract blood sugar levels going low like you do with faster acting insulins that can cause major hypoglycemia. if you wanna use short acting id say go with just 2-3 ius maybe twice a day. see if you can handle that. you may or may not. otherwise with long acting you can use 60,70,100iu per day.. no problem. and it works really well. better than short acting in my opinion, iu per iu.

lesaucer

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 07:43:13 PM »

well flinstones brings up a good point. its possible you might benefit. but most people dont. if youve already been trying it and dont notice a huge effect, then your definitely not one of those people who do.  if you want to get benefit from insulin on a low carb diet i would suggest you use long acting insulin instead of short acting. with long acting slin you do not have to eat any carbs to counteract blood sugar levels going low like you do with faster acting insulins that can cause major hypoglycemia. if you wanna use short acting id say go with just 2-3 ius maybe twice a day. see if you can handle that. you may or may not. otherwise with long acting you can use 60,70,100iu per day.. no problem. and it works really well. better than short acting in my opinion, iu per iu.

thanks bro, ill try the low dose and see if I get some effects without going hypo. yes it definitely work on me, especially pre workout, the pumps are totally crazy and i actually gained size while lowering my bf so far with it.. first time i used it after my workout i was flexing in the mirror at home, gf came in and was like wtf, this shits work.. lol..

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 08:25:48 PM »
thanks bro, ill try the low dose and see if I get some effects without going hypo. yes it definitely work on me, especially pre workout, the pumps are totally crazy and i actually gained size while lowering my bf so far with it.. first time i used it after my workout i was flexing in the mirror at home, gf came in and was like wtf, this shits work.. lol..

i heard that guy in your avitar took close to 70iu of humalin-r a day(serious)   so much for slin ruining a physique :D
l

lesaucer

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 08:43:45 AM »
i heard that guy in your avitar took close to 70iu of humalin-r a day(serious)   so much for slin ruining a physique :D

imo its the gh that ruin physiques.. insulin only shuttle the nutrients where it has to get stored.. gh makes everything grow, head, hands, feet, and probably waist too when you think about it and you have some brain..  and if you look at any pictures of levrone, he never had big hands, no gh abuse= no ruined physique  ;)

lesaucer

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 08:45:32 AM »
but thats a shitload of slin wow lol!! i guess ill up the dose then  ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »

pumps dont mean much tho. but if pre workout helps you, ten id suggest 5-10iu with 100-150grams carbs..  probably down 50grams befor eyour workout then sip 100 throughout the workout.. something like that.

lesaucer

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 12:40:09 PM »
pumps dont mean much tho. but if pre workout helps you, ten id suggest 5-10iu with 100-150grams carbs..  probably down 50grams befor eyour workout then sip 100 throughout the workout.. something like that.

yea cant tell if it helps that much yet but even if it doesnt ill continue to take it just for the pump  :P  thats what ive been doing, inject,eat 100g, then sip 100g during+keep a little bit for after the workout. I think im just going to train more often and use it only pre workout