Author Topic: Obama says too much testing makes education boring. (Where is his SAT, LSAT?)  (Read 3516 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama says too much testing makes education boring
Yahoo ^ | March 28, 2011 | ERICA WERNE

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama said Monday that students should take fewer standardized tests and school performance should be measured in other ways. Too much testing makes education boring for kids, he said.

"Too often what we have been doing is using these tests to punish students," the president told students and parents at a town hall hosted by the Univision Spanish-language television network at Bell Multicultural High School in Washington, D.C.

Obama, who is pushing a rewrite of the nation's education law that would ease some of its rigid measurement tools, said policymakers should find a test that "everybody agrees makes sense" and administer it in less pressure-packed atmospheres, potentially every few years instead of annually.

At the same time, Obama said, schools should be judged on criteria other than student test performance, including attendance rate.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
So, if some idiot shows up and throws banannas at the teacher all day they should get grade enhancement for attendance?

LMAO.  Hey Barry - release yor SAT and LSAT so we ca show how bored you were in school.  ;D   

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
I like how Harvard, in addition to the state of Hawaii, decided years ago to help cover up for the kid named Obama so that in the future he would be elected POTUS and thus reward them.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
To everyone who thinks the fact that the supposedly "smartest" President in history ( who by the way has thus far shown himself to be an overmatched incompetent in just over two years) is above releasing his own college and law school transcripts, explain to me the moronic double standard applied by certified affirmative action ape Betty Blanco and Palin bicycle seat sniffer 240 or bust.

We had Palins GPA plastered all over the board in multiple threads. On top of that there were all kinds of proclamations about how McCain graduated from the naval academy toward the bottom of his class. Boo Hoo Hoo. Please tell me why they are not above having their academic backgrounds placed under a microscope, but Barak Hussein Osama is?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
To everyone who thinks the fact that the supposedly "smartest" President in history ( who by the way has thus far shown himself to be an overmatched incompetent in just over two years) is above releasing his own college and law school transcripts, explain to me the moronic double standard applied by certified affirmative action ape Betty Blanco and Palin bicycle seat sniffer 240 or bust.

We had Palins GPA plastered all over the board in multiple threads. On top of that there were all kinds of proclamations about how McCain graduated from the naval academy toward the bottom of his class. Boo Hoo Hoo. Please tell me why they are not above having their academic backgrounds placed under a microscope, but Barak Hussein Osama is not?

To top it off, it was supposedly Palin's high school transcript, which turned out to be a forgery. http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=360687.0 

You had some of the same people criticizing McCain for his academic performance.  They were silent about Biden. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Where are the high school, SAT, LSAT, and other records? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
Where are the high school, SAT, LSAT, and other records? 
::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
::)

Nice response.   You know more about your postal carrier than you do about this jerkoff POTUS, where he is from, who is financing him, why he is startying wars, no record whatsoever, spending us into the poor house, etc. 

But its ok, he looks good on the cover of GQ.   Who cares if the entire bullshit made to order narrative spoon fed to the gullible public is a lie.       

OzmO

• Getbig V
Nice response.   You know more about your postal carrier than you do about this jerkoff POTUS, where he is from, who is financing him, why he is startying wars, no record whatsoever, spending us into the poor house, etc. 

But its ok, he looks good on the cover of GQ.   Who cares if the entire bullshit made to order narrative spoon fed to the gullible public is a lie.       

No, in my mind this falls under, "who cares if he didn't release his school records"  unless you are obsessed with him which you are.  Was he legally obligated too?  I don't think so, so , so what?

And I have no idea where my postal lady is from an doubt I have the right to know what her SAT scores where  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No, in my mind this falls under, "who cares if he didn't release his school records"  unless you are obsessed with him which you are.  Was he legally obligated too?  I don't think so, so , so what?

And I have no idea where my postal lady is from an doubt I have the right to know what her SAT scores where  ::)

She cant send you or your kids to war or spend your household into oblivion, unlike obama who probably could not a get a job at starbucks if he tried to.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
She cant send you or your kids to war or spend your household into oblivion, unlike obama who probably could not a get a job at starbucks if he tried to.   

Yeah, Bama had higher aspirations than that of being a coffee clerk.  It's not a law that we know his grades  ::).

Stalker.   ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
So, if some idiot shows up and throws banannas at the teacher all day they should get grade enhancement for attendance?

LMAO.  Hey Barry - release yor SAT and LSAT so we ca show how bored you were in school.  ;D   

first of all I actually work in a school..I am a school social worker and math teacher....and I can say that Obama is right...too much testing does turn students off....I've seen it......and the relentless testing doesn't help a lot of them to do better....although the kids who are already highly motivated and good within that subject do very well...but the others begin to lose interest and begin to cut class to avoid the testng....

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

We had Palins GPA plastered all over the board in multiple threads. On top of that there were all kinds of proclamations about how McCain graduated from the naval academy toward the bottom of his class. Boo Hoo Hoo. Please tell me why they are not above having their academic backgrounds placed under a microscope, but Barak Hussein Osama is?

what does it matter???...all of these politicians did poorly in school...mostly because they were rich and got into law school with daddy's influence...we all know that...George W. Bush was a "D" student in law school...John Kerry was a "D" student as well....who cares???....what are you,his wife???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
first of all I actually work in a school..I am a school social worker and math teacher....and I can say that Obama is right...too much testing does turn students off....I've seen it......and the relentless testing doesn't help a lot of them to do better....although the kids who are already highly motivated and good within that subject do very well...but the others begin to lose interest and begin to cut class to avoid the testng....

Right - instead they should be standing around signing songs to the Dear Leader.  That will give them a leg up on the chinks.   ::)  ::)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LA4xEDw7mY&feature=related[youtube]

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
what does it matter???...all of these politicians did poorly in school...mostly because they were rich and got into law school with daddy's influence...we all know that...George W. Bush was a "D" student in law school...John Kerry was a "D" student as well....who cares???....what are you,his wife???

Bama only got into Harvard with the hel and financing of Khlaid Al Mansour and Percy Sutton.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

good post...I agree...but you will learn Ozmo that arguing with 3333 and his gimmicks...Berzerk, Toxic, etc is a total waste of time

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

good post...I agree...but you will learn Ozmo that arguing with 3333 and his gimmicks...Berzerk, Toxic, etc is a total waste of time

Do you have your little brats singing these songs? 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Right - instead they should be standing around signing songs to the Dear Leader.  That will give them a leg up on the chinks.   ::)  ::)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LA4xEDw7mY&feature=related[youtube]

well..again..I didn't expect you to understand......just telling you the truth whether you like it or not

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Bama only got into Harvard with the hel and financing of Khlaid Al Mansour and Percy Sutton.

so what ??..if Hitler himself offered to put me through Harvard I would accept it

OzmO

• Getbig V

Thanks,

I like 3333, even though i disagree with him on many things, like most posters here, he at least goes toe to toe with you down to the end in his own words.  That's more than i can say for run of the mill gimmicks who never admit they were mistaken.  3333 will do that even though he will go kicking and screaming most of the time.  Most gimmicks just cut and paste, attack and insult, flame and troll.  33333 doesn't do that. 

3333 is like a (right wing) Al Sharpton of the politics board.  So he comes across a little extreme.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Thanks,

I like 3333, even though i disagree with him on many things, like most posters here, he at least goes toe to toe with you down to the end in his own words.  That's more than i can say for run of the mill gimmicks who never admit they were mistaken.  3333 will do that even though he will go kicking and screaming most of the time.  Most gimmicks just cut and paste, attack and insult, flame and troll.  33333 doesn't do that. 

3333 is like a (right wing) Al Sharpton of the politics board.  So he comes across a little extreme.

________________________ _-

don't forget -  "with a shaved head"   - sharpton at least has a good head of hair.   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Thanks,

hahahah..I actually think you're being too nice to 3333..but I guess this is your way of showing him mercy ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

hahahah..I actually think you're being too nice to 3333..but I guess this is your way of showing him mercy ;)