Author Topic: How I can save bodybuilding  (Read 2172 times)

slaver

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
How I can save bodybuilding
« on: March 30, 2011, 03:34:50 AM »

1 have ticket sales % goto the athletes
2 have size not be biggest factor
3 separate out higher weight classes
4 make symmetry #1

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
Re: how I can save bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 03:39:16 AM »
1 have ticket sales % goto the athletes
2 have size not be biggest factor
3 separate out higher weight classes
4 make symmetry #1
Exclude schmoes and g4p bbers...
S

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 03:51:36 AM »
pro bbing is dead man...it turned into a freak circus, where bloated monsters do "head-stand glute flex" poses and "gh gut standing relaxed", and other redicoulous shit...if the sport today was what it was originally supposed to be about (aesthetics, symmetry, balance, art) then the battle for the Mr Olympia title of the past 20 years would be between Ray, Wheeler, Levrone, Priest and Jackson...

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 04:09:11 AM »
pro bbing is dead man...it turned into a freak circus, where bloated monsters do "head-stand glute flex" poses and "gh gut standing relaxed", and other redicoulous shit...if the sport today was what it was originally supposed to be about (aesthetics, symmetry, balance, art) then the battle for the Mr Olympia title of the past 20 years would be between Ray, Wheeler, Levrone, Priest and Jackson...

Well... that is in part true...
S

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 04:39:49 AM »
It's not going anywhere. It will always be underground but have a small following.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 11:07:05 AM »

you clearly know nothing about bodybuilding,,, jackson is top heavy= no symetry     preist= weak chest n back

symetry and aesthetics would mean even development throughout the body!!!!!

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 11:39:25 AM »
you clearly know nothing about bodybuilding,,, jackson is top heavy= no symetry     preist= weak chest n back

symetry and aesthetics would mean even development throughout the body!!!!!

QFT!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 11:41:07 AM »
jackson is top heavy= no symetry

I think he meant Dexter, not Johnnie

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 11:42:29 AM »
You are right! I was thinking the same,but Lee Priest does not belong with the name mentioned above.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 11:48:07 AM »
Only Legal Mail Order Steroids law can save bodybuilding

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 12:39:11 PM »
1. Set a weight limit at 240 lbs.  Size is a factor up to a point, after that it's about refining and conditioning.
2. Cut the chord with the supplement industry.  There is no correlation between supplements and professional bodybuilding.  
3. Introduce some variety.  Move the contests around, what about an outdoor Olympia?  
4. Get a TV deal done.  All the trash that's on TV, and bodybuilding still can't get a TV deal?  Someone's not trying very hard.  Fit TV would seem like a perfect "fit".    

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 01:27:46 PM »
only he can save bodybuilding.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 01:29:26 PM »
unfortunanately most guys are like him. see below
F

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 01:32:23 PM »
Exclude schmoes and g4p bbers...

::)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 01:43:24 PM »
1. Set a weight limit at 240 lbs.  Size is a factor up to a point, after that it's about refining and conditioning.
2. Cut the chord with the supplement industry.  There is no correlation between supplements and professional bodybuilding.  
3. Introduce some variety.  Move the contests around, what about an outdoor Olympia?  
4. Get a TV deal done.  All the trash that's on TV, and bodybuilding still can't get a TV deal?  Someone's not trying very hard.  Fit TV would seem like a perfect "fit".    

x2   ::)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 01:47:31 PM »
2. Cut the chord with the supplement industry.  There is no correlation between supplements and professional bodybuilding.  

Never happen. BBing wants to keep the myth alive that anyone can attain those physiques if people just train hard enough and take the supplements.
Bodybuilders want money and supplement contracts supply it.
BBing would have to admit illegal drug use was the foundation of the sport. Not good for long term success.
Supplements sell the dream..

nufc0101

• Getbig II
  • Part timer
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 01:49:19 PM »
local hero where you from?  (no homo)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 01:53:07 PM »
Never happen. BBing wants to keep the myth alive that anyone can attain those physiques if people just train hard enough and take the supplements.
BBing would have to admit illegal drug use was the foundation of the sport. Not good for long term success.

x2

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 02:02:17 PM »
unfortunanately most guys are like him. see below

LMAO.....oh shit.......lou is counting down to the Olympia 2011 Expo........I thought Lou would have a much more Prolonged career in acting
Get Big, or Die Trying

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 12:44:02 AM »

quibble over details....I was just making a point, thats all

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: How I can save bodybuilding
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 04:12:27 AM »
"You can unscrew a lightbulb."

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 04:23:56 AM »

QFT.

Without the supplement industry, professional bodybuilders can kiss this sport goodbye, because there wouldn't be any more Mr. Olympia, Arnold Classic or any other mainstream contests available without the backing of these sponsoring supplement companies.

It's all a SCAM.  No professional bodybuilder gets their size and muscular detail by using any of these BULLSHIT supplements.

MANY people make a living by working for these companies...

"1"

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 04:30:33 AM »

240lbs at what height? you cant set a limit like that, you could set a no GH gut rule

no supp industry no bodybuilding industry, they sponsor and keep this thing alive

what would a episode consist of? I mean sometimes when people are into something they think everyone else is too, very few people give a damn about pro BB

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 04:50:30 AM »
240lbs at what height? you cant set a limit like that, you could set a no GH gut rule

no supp industry no bodybuilding industry, they sponsor and keep this thing alive

what would a episode consist of? I mean sometimes when people are into something they think everyone else is too, very few people give a damn about pro BB

More people give a siht about the citiation from armpit of the eastcoast shore

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Re: How I can save bodybuilding
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 04:59:38 AM »
Number 3 is just stupid.

Weight classes in amateurs, OK. That's fine.
Pros? No weight classes. Everyone against each other as it has been so long.

Pro bodybuilding should be one group to avoid depreciation of titles. Even now that 202 thingy for example at Olympia is ridiculous. "202 showdown" oh bro...
That just confuses fans.
Bodybuilding is not just size so there is no need for that. Lee Priest did well as a pro without stupid weight classes, so did Ray. And many other.