Author Topic: Rubio for vice president  (Read 9628 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Rubio for vice president
« on: March 30, 2011, 11:34:12 AM »
He's supposed to be one of the rising Republican stars. 

Rubio for vice president?
By: CNN Associate Producer Gabriella Schwarz

(CNN) - Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida predicts he won't be on the GOP presidential ticket in 2012 - in the No. 1 or the No. 2 spot.

"I'm not going to be the vice presidential nominee," Rubio said Tuesday on Fox News' "Hannity." "It's important that I have that attitude too because otherwise I won't be able to do this job well."

The freshman senator, who won his November election with backing from the tea party movement, added Florida deserves a "full-time senator and that's what I want to be," a refrain he used Tuesday morning on ABC's "Good Morning America" when he shot down speculation he'll run for president in 2012.

"I just got elected three months ago, so how can I be a full-time United States senator if my eye's already on something else?" Rubio said.

Since winning election to the Senate, Rubio has refrained from national interviews, but the Fox News and ABC appearances coincided with the release of a Wall Street Journal op-ed in which he outlined his budget and tax reform plans for the country.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/30/rubio-for-vice-president/#more-152149

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Rubio for vice president
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 11:35:43 AM »
Rubio is really good.  Future Prez no doubt.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 09:06:07 AM »
Kristol: Ryan-Rubio Ticket Not So Far Out
Monday, 11 Apr 2011
By Dave Eberhart

Syndicated columnist William Kristol, writing in weeklystandard.com, opines that the early good polling of dark horse Donald Trump means that the GOP is wide open to something new and dynamic. After “half-jokingly” putting forth the notion of a 2012 ticket of budget guru Rep. Paul Ryan and the attractive freshman senator from Florida Marco Rubio, Kristol recounts a swell of surprising approval from readers of the Weekly Standard.

Some examples:

• I love the two, couldn’t be any better or smarter pair for 2012. They have my vote! I could finally sleep at night with those two running the country. Pray they team up and run in 2012.

• Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio are the future of not only the Republican party, but also America. Get rid of the old hacks, it’s time for these dynamic American leaders. If they won’t run, add Chris Christie to the mix. .  .  .

• I am a registered Democrat. .  .  . I agree with you on Ryan-Rubio, and would be willing to work for them in Joe Biden’s home state of DE. I don’t consider myself a Tea Party guy, although I agree with most of what they stand for. .  .  . Sign me up.

• Tell Ryan we’ll let his kids roller-skate in the W.H. .  .  . ANYTHING! .  .  . Seriously, I understand they lack experience in some areas. However, when it comes to fiscal reality Paul Ryan IS the smartest man in the room. And he knows a whole lot about American political history .  .  . love the guy.

Kristol sums it up saying, “All of this suggests a willingness to consider more and hitherto unexpected options for the GOP nominee.”

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Kristol-Ryan-Rubio-Ticket-NotSoFarOut/2011/04/11/id/392436

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 09:25:02 AM »
Ryan / Rubio would be fine by me.   

Would obliterate obama.  I like Ryan - he is sober and not a pie in the sky con man lik bama.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 11:07:12 AM »
Too bad Rubio isn't a deranged birther for you to call a kindred spirit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 11:11:14 AM »

::)  ::)

Sort of like you and bama on Keynsian Economics?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 11:12:53 AM »

Do you actually contribute anything to this board beyond stalking 333? You're a gigantic troll. And a shitty one, at that.

Ryan / Rubio would be fine by me.   

Would obliterate obama.  I like Ryan - he is sober and not a pie in the sky con man lik bama.

A Ryan/Rubio ticket would be awesome. Talk about a sound grasp of fiscal policy. Would do work on the God-King regime.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
Rubio is more telegenic and firery.   Ryan is more like the sober accountant. 

I like both of them very much.   

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 11:20:30 AM »
Rubio is more telegenic and firery.   Ryan is more like the sober accountant. 

I like both of them very much.   

Those two would run circles around Obama in any debate.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 11:54:48 AM »
Rubio opposed Brewer's AZ illegal program.

He'd be great in 2016.  Let's face it - everyone with a brain sees that it's 1996 all over again, and is sitting out this race. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 11:57:38 AM »
Rubio opposed Brewer's AZ illegal program.

He'd be great in 2016.  Let's face it - everyone with a brain sees that it's 1996 all over again, and is sitting out this race. 

Oil wasnt $5 a gallon in 1996

Inflation wasnt skyrocketing in 1996 

Clinton was not the communist traitor obama is.

UE was not 9 percent plus in 1996. 

Etc etc. 

But keep kneepaddng.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 12:00:28 PM »
But keep kneepaddng.   

Call it whatever you want.  We're in APRIL already and nobody of any value has entered the race.

Top people with the statesmanship and/or experience to handily win - Newt, Jeb, Christie - they're sitting it out.  Even among those who 'might' run... wow, it's pathetic.

I said it months ago.  Look at it now.  No 'real' candidates are going to enter.  You'll end up with another Dole 96 deal here (same as 92 clinton woudl have been, had perot not won 18% of the vote).

it's TOUGH to beat incumbents.  Even you have to admit that 33, if your anger didn't cloud your judgment so much.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 12:00:46 PM »

Oil wasnt $5 a gallon in 1996

Inflation wasnt skyrocketing in 1996 

Clinton was not the communist traitor obama is.

UE was not 9 percent plus in 1996. 

Etc etc. 

But keep kneepaddng.   

It's really not even worth reading 240's posts anymore. He's nothing more than a shitty troll.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 12:03:26 PM »
Call it whatever you want.  We're in APRIL already and nobody of any value has entered the race.

Top people with the statesmanship and/or experience to handily win - Newt, Jeb, Christie - they're sitting it out.  Even among those who 'might' run... wow, it's pathetic.

I said it months ago.  Look at it now.  No 'real' candidates are going to enter.  You'll end up with another Dole 96 deal here (same as 92 clinton woudl have been, had perot not won 18% of the vote).

it's TOUGH to beat incumbents.  Even you have to admit that 33, if your anger didn't cloud your judgment so much.

Yes its tough - butobama is DRASTICALLY worse than your verage incumbent and we have a disastrous year ahead ofus as a result of his policies.   

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 12:06:07 PM »
Yes its tough - butobama is DRASTICALLY worse than your verage incumbent and we have a disastrous year ahead ofus as a result of his policies.  

The laundry list of points the GOP candidate can attack Obama on is endless. All they have to do is run someone worthwhile (i.e. not Palin or Trump).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 12:11:05 PM »

I don't know.... repubs said the dollar would end, the market would crash in 2009 as soon as obama took over.  it didn't.

we're probably not in that much different shape now than we'd be with mccain as president.  Obama used a 1-time 780 billion dollar stimulus... Bush issued what, almost 3 trillion in bailouts?  They were just small and numberous - true adonis showed how massive they were when you added them up - 100 billion here, 30 billion there. 

Methinks mccain would have kept bailing out companies too - no president will let GM falter, not gonna happen.

So the repubs say over and over 'obamacare is dead'.  Then when it passes, it's "obama will sink 10 points in poll now!"  Then when the polls are the same a year later, they just point to the next thing.

if obama was beatable in 2012, given this weak field, you'd have better candidates emerge.  Look at history.  Why did weak candidates come out from opposition parties in 84, 92, and 04?  You know why.  Incumbents control things that help them, and smart candidates wait it out.  They're doing it again now.

33, you hate obama, but his reign ain't that diff from a mccain presidency, and the 2012 election will be pretty much what we saw in 2004 - close but (given the Ohio outcome), the a-hole in charge has quite an advantage ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 12:13:11 PM »
So obama gave us what was to be expected from a mccain presidency, but obama was elected instead for change from that, and now that issupposed to be bama's strong suit?   

WTF is wrong with you?   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
So obama gave us what was to be expected from a mccain presidency, but obama was elected instead for change from that, and now that issupposed to be bama's strong suit?   
WTF is wrong with you?   

dude, i've admitted 10,000 times that bush = obama = mccain.

if you wanna re-route this thread to "did obama fulfill his 2008 change promise", you do that.  Change the subject.

Or, just admit i got one right - incumbents are tough to beat, no matter how shitty they are, and many people (including rubio) know to steer way clear of 2012 election.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 12:26:14 PM »
Is this dickhead really talking about McCain to prove his point? Really? That's what you bring to the table? Hahahahaha!

Come back when McCain is a factor in the 2012 race. No one, and I really mean no one (outside of you), could give two fucks about where we would be were McCain elected.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 01:25:13 PM »
Bill Clinton entered the race very late for the 92 election; later than any of the people who will run in the 2012 election.  Not only that, but he didn't win either Iowa or New Hampshire. 

The two likely frontrunners (Romney and Pawlenty) are all over the place.  They're running.  Newt is all over the place.  I think he's running.  Romney will probably win the nomination (at least that's my April prediction, subject to change). 

The notion that candidates are afraid of Obama is patently absurd. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 01:31:11 PM »
Trump/Bachmann  or Trump/Rubio would beat obama in 1984 esq fashion.   

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2011, 01:32:47 PM »
Romney just announced a few minutes ago.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2011, 01:33:48 PM »
The notion that candidates are afraid of Obama is patently absurd.  

Pat buchannan talks about this - cuomo and bill bradley are 2 candidates who shuld have been president, but chose to sit out 'unelectable' years of incumbency.

of course, BB seems like the type of guy to believe nobody would vote Ron Paul/Ventura in 2012... and he's leading 70% YES to 10% on the getbig voluntary poll, so....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 01:34:54 PM »
Pat buchannan talks about this - cuomo and bill bradley are 2 candidates who shuld have been president, but chose to sit out 'unelectable' years of incumbency.

of course, BB seems like the type of guy to believe nobody would vote Ron Paul/Ventura in 2012... and he's leading 70% YES to 10% on the getbig voluntary poll, so....

Yawn again.   obama is ated by most of the public and and after a year of $5 gas and 9% UE will be lucky to escape mussloini treatment.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 01:35:15 PM »
Romney just announced a few minutes ago.

No, he announced he's setting up a presidential exploratory committee.

"While this step does not constitute a formal announcement of candidacy, it allows Governor Romney to be in compliance with the requirements of federal election law as he begins to raise the funds necessary to explore a potential candidacy," says an email release from Romney's campaign.