Author Topic: Godzilla  (Read 15478 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Godzilla
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 08:20:40 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=83084

GODZILLA: Hawaii Set Video With Aaron Taylor-Johnson; New Set Photos With Elizabeth Olsen

Over the past few days Godzilla has been filming at Waikiki Beach. Their using the location as a FEMA triage, with extras sporting bandages, splints and neck braces. It's strewed with the monster's wreckage, including broken concrete walls and a downed helicopter.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 07:11:23 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=83667

SDCC '13: Gareth Edwards Confirms Atomic Breath For GODZILLA

Shock Till You Drop was able to chat with Gareth Edwards about Godzilla. The began by discussing Frank Darabont's ("Shawshank Redemption") contribution to the script. Gareth praised Frank's ability at character and emotion to the script, making note of one particular scene that when shot, had people watching in tears.

As for the creature, Gareth was asked if it will have a personality to it. "I always viewed him as a force of nature. He's not like King Kong where there's a personality. Godzilla is definitely a representation of the wrath of nature. But we're in the process of visual FX and I'm starting to see him and his personality is coming through. It's interesting. I'm happy and surprised. We saw early tests and my reaction was like Internet dating or something [laughs], suddenly you're meeting him for the first time and you go, he's real. It's probably going to develop more personality as we go on and my answer might be different when we're done, but he definitely has personality from the icon he is. We've taken it very seriously and the theme is man versus nature and Godzilla is certainly the nature side of it. You can't win that fight. Nature's always going to win and that's what the subtext of our movie is about. He's an anti-hero. I wouldn't describe him as a good guy, but he's not evil personified. He's the punishment we deserve, you know?"

Of course like most films, there is a plan to make the movie feel more "real" and "gritty" so how does Gareth handle the creatures atomic breath and other fantastical elements. "It was important to me to make it as believable as possible and with all of those elements you've mentioned," Gareth explains. "they're in the film but I tried to put them in the film where they're not so fantastical that you don't believe it. Hopefully, the only big buy the audience has to make - and I believe there can only be one buy - is that giant creatures can exist. Beyond that, we try to make it as realistic as possible.

Lastly, Gareth says it was really important to have this adaptation feel like a Toho Godzilla and not like the Roland Emmerich version. "There's always this fear when you're working on something with a legacy...who am I?" Edwards continues, "This young-ish British filmmaker handling their property. But they feel we've stayed true to their roots. In the encyclopedias and books you read about Godzilla, there's these different groups - all of the Godzillas in one section and then there's the American [1998] film. I'd love ours to be considered as part of the Toho group.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/10-godzilla-2014-set-images-bryan-cranston-aaron-johnson

10 Godzilla (2014) Set Images Of Bryan Cranston & Aaron Johnson

A new batch of Godzilla set images featuring Bryan Cranston and Aaron Johson have landed online.

Previous details and spoilers for the new Godzilla film revealed Bryan Cranston to be playing some sort of scientist with Aaron Johnson said to play the character, Ford.

We've also seen Aaron Johnson in miliary fatigues.

Godzilla opens May 16, 2014 in 3D starring Aaron Johnson, Ken Watanabe, Elizabeth Olsen, Juliette Binoche, David Strathairn, and Bryan Cranston.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 06:01:49 PM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/09/exclusive-godzilla-viral-image-debut?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

IGN's stoked to debut this sweet new viral image below for Legendary and Warner Bros.' upcoming retelling of Godzilla. The photo below shows Nevada’s 'Devil’s Throat' sinkhole and has clues that will lead fans to a URL where they can get glimpses from the new Godzilla trailer, which debuts online in full this Tuesday, December 10, at 10am PST/1pm EST.

Nevada’s 'Devil’s Throat' sinkhole, thought to have formed in the past decade, is located in the remote wilds of the Mojave Desert - barren lands left scarred from atomic testing. Before being removed from this perimeter by security officers, one civilian leaked a smartphone image of what appears to be a secret quarantine zone established by paramilitary troops and scientific researchers.

Closer inspection reveals a URL that may contain more details on the mysterious M.U.T.O. group at the epicenter of this incident.

It seems that this 'classified' site is hiding the first Godzilla trailer from the fans. So if you want to help unlock it,  you'll have to "hack" the secretive organization known as M.U.T.O. Here's a taste of what's in store at the M.U.T.O. site:

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 06:15:06 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2014, 09:55:26 AM »
SNICKERS® - "Godzilla"