Author Topic: Zufffa/UFC refusing to renew Fedor's Contract  (Read 5558 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Zufffa/UFC refusing to renew Fedor's Contract
« on: March 31, 2011, 08:26:54 AM »
Damn, this is kind of harsh.  I guess you should never cross Uncle Dana.

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2011/03/31/zuffa-llc-refuse-to-renew-the-contract-of-fedor-emelianenko/#more-45129

The men at the sharp end of Zuffa LLC. have this week refused to renew the contract of formerly ranked number one fighter in the world, Fedor Emelianenko meaning the Russian heavyweight will be either forced to retire from the sport or compete in the minor leagues.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: Zufffa/UFC refusing to renew Fedor's Contract
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 10:40:29 AM »

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2011/03/31/zuffa-llc-refuse-to-renew-the-contract-of-fedor-emelianenko/#more-45129

The men at the sharp end of Zuffa LLC. have this week refused to renew the contract of formerly ranked number one fighter in the world, Fedor Emelianenko meaning the Russian heavyweight will be either forced to retire from the sport or compete in the minor leagues.

He's been competing in the minor leagues for years, so I'm sure he's happy...lol.

On a side note, I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason Zuffa bought SF, was so that they could do this to Fedor...ha haha!  That can crushing turd should have signed with the UFC when he had the chance.  Even if he lost, he would have lost to the best.  Oh well, maybe he can crush some more cans at Bellator or maybe even get a rematch with Tim "The Maineiac" Silvia...lol.
w

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 10:41:53 AM »

Stop spreading false news

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 10:43:20 AM »
Unfortunately, it looks like this may be a rumor...

M-1 Global official Evgeni Kogan immediately denied the report and they issued this strong statement to Bloody Elbow:
"It's unfortunate that the site (LifeSports.ru) has shown little to no journalistic integrity; this is also not the first time their writers have fabricated a story to create attention. Quite simply, it should be ignored. Should there ever be a change in Fedor's status, rest assured that M-1 would provide an official position."
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 11:05:06 AM »
  Even if it were true, it's not like this would be disastrous for Fedor. The guy is a multi-millionaire. Even White admitted Fedor made more money fighting for the smaller promotions than he would have fighting in the UFC. Then, there are the millions Fedor made doing commercials in Japan and South Korea, where he enjoyed a god-like reputation until he started losing. If I were Fedor, I would have retired years ago and milked my image in Asia as much as I could. Those Asians pay fortunes for fighters to do commercials. Now Fedor has lost that because he was stupid enough to continue fighting and lost. But the guy probably has enough money to live the rest of his life as the king that he is lol.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 11:37:41 AM »
   Even White admitted Fedor made more money fighting for the smaller promotions than he would have fighting in the UFC.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I call BS on that Dana White quote.  What is your source?  Also, IMO Fedor is not a multi millionaire.  The blood sucking management team around him might be, but trust me, he's not.
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 11:47:45 AM »
Stop spreading false news

Go back to sniffing oily banana hammocks...you fair much better there.

Prove to me it's false.  Even if this is CURRENTLY not factual, I can surely see it happening soon.

MMABAY is not the best source for info, but M-1 isn't either.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 12:31:19 PM »
  Even if it were true, it's not like this would be disastrous for Fedor. The guy is a multi-millionaire. Even White admitted Fedor made more money fighting for the smaller promotions than he would have fighting in the UFC. Then, there are the millions Fedor made doing commercials in Japan and South Korea, where he enjoyed a god-like reputation until he started losing. If I were Fedor, I would have retired years ago and milked my image in Asia as much as I could. Those Asians pay fortunes for fighters to do commercials. Now Fedor has lost that because he was stupid enough to continue fighting and lost. But the guy probably has enough money to live the rest of his life as the king that he is lol.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I agree, if this is true, this would really be a blessing for Fedor.  Someone needs to protect him from becoming another Ken Shamrock. ;D

suckmymuscle

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 12:46:21 PM »
I agree, if this is true, this would really be a blessing for Fedor.  Someone needs to protect him from becoming another Ken Shamrock. ;D

Fedor is like a larger version of Frank Shamrock really.

ShitPusher, your disrespect for Fedor is sickening. You show no deference towards the G.O.A.T. Go ask your beloved UFC fighters what they think of Fedor. They all regard him as ether the G.O.A.T or the greatest heavyweight ever. STFU, you stupid c.u.n.t.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 12:53:04 PM »
Even if this is CURRENTLY not factual, I can surely see it happening soon.

I like how you already have an excuse for being wrong  ;D

Btw, I DO agree with you. Dana has potential to do that. On the other hand, he's a business man and I can see him wanting to make money with Fedor first. We'll see what the truth is in the end.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 01:15:01 PM »
it's probably out there on the internet somwhere, but does anyone here know how many fights fedor has left on this contract ?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 01:30:02 PM »
  ShitPusher is a worthless imbecile with zero MMA knowledge. Even his alter ego, CockSpin, knows more MMA than he does and that is saying something since CockSpin knows about as much MMA as a ballet aficionado.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 02:06:36 PM »
  Fedor is like a larger version of Frank Shamrock really.

ShitPusher, your disrespect for Fedor is sickening. You show no deference towards the G.O.A.T. Go ask your beloved UFC fighters what they think of Fedor. They all regard him as ether the G.O.A.T or the greatest heavyweight ever. STFU, you stupid c.u.n.t.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I am entitled to my opinion on Fedor.  Sorry chump.

Don't let me get you so worked up...it's embarrassing.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 02:13:17 PM »

I like how you already have an excuse for being wrong  ;D

Btw, I DO agree with you. Dana has potential to do that. On the other hand, he's a business man and I can see him wanting to make money with Fedor first. We'll see what the truth is in the end.

How could I be wrong here, when there is no right or wrong?

Furthermore, the UFC stands no chance of making any money on that overpriced can crusher.  That window closed two defeats ago.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 02:16:13 PM »
  ShitPusher is a worthless imbecile with zero MMA knowledge. Even his alter ego, CockSpin, knows more MMA than he does and that is saying something since CockSpin knows about as much MMA as a ballet aficionado.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Looks like once again, you let me get under your skin. Two times in one thread.

Please, stop it, it's really getting embarrassing for you.

Besides, why do you even come on these boards? You have stated multiple times that you no longer watch MMA because of the ZUFFA/UFC buyout?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 03:37:16 PM »
given fedors managements history i doubt zuffa will meet his terms.....its always been that way...

bench

suckmymuscle

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 03:47:47 PM »
  The only thing I agree with CockSpin/ShitPusher is that I would really love to see Fedor against top competition. I don't give a shit if he wins or loses at this point. I wanted him to have retiired after his loss to Werdum, but now that he has lost two in a row, his aura is completely destroyed anyway so he has nothing to lose. I would love to see him against Barnett/Overeem and Cain Velasquez, even though at this point in his career he would be a heavy underdog against both Overeem and Cain. Can you imagine if Fedor fought Cain and KHTFO? Could you imagine the expression on Dana White's face if Fedor knocked Cain out like he did to Rogers and Arlovski? That would be awesome to have the UFC heavyweight champion knocked out by a "can". There is a very good chance that if Fedor and Cain fought and Cain tried to exchange with Fedor, that Cain would be knocked the fuck out.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 09:28:13 AM »
  The only thing I agree with CockSpin/ShitPusher is that I would really love to see Fedor against top competition. I don't give a shit if he wins or loses at this point. I wanted him to have retiired after his loss to Werdum, but now that he has lost two in a row, his aura is completely destroyed anyway so he has nothing to lose. I would love to see him against Barnett/Overeem and Cain Velasquez, even though at this point in his career he would be a heavy underdog against both Overeem and Cain. Can you imagine if Fedor fought Cain and KHTFO? Could you imagine the expression on Dana White's face if Fedor knocked Cain out like he did to Rogers and Arlovski? That would be awesome to have the UFC heavyweight champion knocked out by a "can". There is a very good chance that if Fedor and Cain fought and Cain tried to exchange with Fedor, that Cain would be knocked the fuck out.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hold on to them my friend, because those dreams are all you have...
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 09:28:40 PM »
Hold on to them my friend, because those dreams are all you have...

Yeah, because of Vadim we will never see that, but it would be awesome. You got to admit the possibility that Fedor could still KO Cain. Even though he is past his prime, Fedor still packs a lot of power in his punches. I mean, he made the 130 kg Silva retreat and won the first round mostly do to his punches, so if he connected he could put Cain out cold. The odd is slim, but it is possible. I would love to see the look on Dana's face. The only guy I hate as much as Vadim Finkelstein is Dana White. That guy is a douche.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 10:21:44 PM »
  Yeah, because of Vadim we will never see that, but it would be awesome. You got to admit the possibility that Fedor could still KO Cain. Even though he is past his prime, Fedor still packs a lot of power in his punches. I mean, he made the 130 kg Silva retreat and won the first round mostly do to his punches, so if he connected he could put Cain out cold. The odd is slim, but it is possible. I would love to see the look on Dana's face. The only guy I hate as much as Vadim Finkelstein is Dana White. That guy is a douche.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Bro, I'm really not trying to be sarcastic here, but you really need to move past Fedor.  This is what has made me the most frustrated about Fedor...if he only would have signed with the UFC when he had the chance, we maybe could have seen these fights.  Now we just have a bunch of questions and debates about them.  We all have to accept the fact that MMA has moved passed Fedor...his fans should too. 

suckmymuscle

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 10:50:22 PM »
Bro, I'm really not trying to be sarcastic here, but you really need to move past Fedor.  This is what has made me the most frustrated about Fedor...if he only would have signed with the UFC when he had the chance, we maybe could have seen these fights.  Now we just have a bunch of questions and debates about them.  We all have to accept the fact that MMA has moved passed Fedor...his fans should too. 

I said that Fedor at this point in his career would be a heavy underdog against both Cain and Ubereem. But saying that he would stand no chance is madness. Fedor can still KO anyone in MMA if he connects. If Fedor could avoid the takedown for three minutes and keep the fight standing, there is a good chance he would KO/TKO Cain. He outstriked a 285 lbs monster and made him cower and retreat, which is evidence of the power of his punches. Knocking Velasquez out is not impossible for Fedor.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 04:53:44 AM »
Cmon Sucky most people COULD KO anyone else if they connect.Its a silly point, and im a Fedor fan.As much of the man as the fighter.I really dont think hes motivated and/or got the same speed and skills he once possessed.Its a shame we never saw him against so called 'better opposition' but thats MMA.There would be n debates like this and it would all be rather boring if there werent different organisations.The Overeem/Cain debates, Diaz/GSP etc etc arguments make the sport what it is.Its just total douchebaggery that people mention certain organisations other than the UFC were full of cans, and there really is no end to the debates on this.Its all 'he beat him, and such n such didnt, so he wouldnt stand a chance' blah blah.Anyone can beat anyone on any given day.Theres too many factors.But you cant argue with a fighters record im afraid.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 03:52:10 PM »
But you cant argue with a fighters record im afraid.

Uh, yes you can.  A guy could be 10-0, which sounds great unless it's against a bunch of cans.  Or vice-versa.  A guy could be 5-5, which seems weak.  But if those losses were against top ranked guys, then it's not to bad.  A record only tells a small part of the story.
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 04:10:39 PM »
Cmon Sucky most people COULD KO anyone else if they connect.

This is not true. Most fiighters do not have the power to put one out cold with a single punch. Overeem, for instance, for all of his technical stand-up, lacks power and has never KOd anyone. Some fiighters have punching power, some do not. Fedor is one of the rare ones who can put anyone out cold with a single punch.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 11:27:49 PM »
  This is not true. Most fiighters do not have the power to put one out cold with a single punch. Overeem, for instance, for all of his technical stand-up, lacks power and has never KOd anyone. Some fiighters have punching power, some do not. Fedor is one of the rare ones who can put anyone out cold with a single punch.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Lol!  Where do you come up with this nonsense?  Alistar has plenty of KO wins on his record. Did you see his last fight against Todd Duffee ::)

With small MMA gloves, all heavy weights have plenty of KO power.
w