Author Topic: Walmart CEO says: U.S. consumers face "serious" inflation in the months ahead  (Read 3460 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
The world's largest retailer is working with suppliers to minimize the effect of cost increases and believes its low-cost business model will position it better than its competitors.

Still, inflation is "going to be serious," Wal-Mart U.S. CEO Bill Simon said during a meeting with USA TODAY's editorial board. "We're seeing cost increases starting to come through at a pretty rapid rate."

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2011-03-30-wal-mart-ceo-expects-inflation_N.htm

Bill Gross: "Get out of the dollar"

Bill Gross, who runs the world’s biggest bond fund at Pacific Investment Management Co., said Treasuries “have little value” because of the growing U.S. debt burden.

The U.S. has unrecorded debt of $75 trillion, or close to 500 percent of gross domestic product, counting what it owes on its bonds plus obligations for Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, Gross wrote in his monthly investment outlook. The U.S. will experience inflation, currency devaluation....

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-31/bill-gross-says-u-s-debt-has-little-value-echoes-buffett-3-.html

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
Li & Fung, which supplies products for companies like Walmart and Gap in the US and Debenhams in the UK, said “a new era in sourcing with higher prices” has begun as manufacturers pass on the rising costs of raw materials and Chinese labour to customers.

Bruce Rockowitz, president of Li & Fung Trading, said: “The biggest topic on the minds of everyone in this business is that higher prices are really here to stay. At this point, retailers are not sure what they can pass on to consumers and what they cannot."

It's technically incorrect to say that manufacturers "pass on" price increases, as the company said. When a manufacturer is facing higher prices, what is really going on is that it is facing higher bidding for its raw materials. That's what Li & Fung is facing.

As Rockowitz more correctly notes, it is not clear that consumers will buy in the same quantities, given the higher prices, but the higher prices are here to stay, because Li & Fung are facing higher prices for their inputs.

This same higher price phenomena will be experienced by retailers through out the United States, first by clothing retailers, but overtime it will be much more broad based than clothing retailers. The Fed has printed a lot of money and that money has gone around the world and is now allowing foreigners to bid for goods against Americans.

It won't be pretty, but it will be expensive for all of us.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2011/03/prepare-for-inflation-era-of-cheap.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
We should all plan ahead.

Order 5 years' worth of FLEX and MD now, while the dollar is strong.  that way, when they jack up the price - you will already be locked in.

That, my friends, is called being prepared for the proverbial shit hitting the fan.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I've been prepping.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I've been prepping.

buying the "Trump 2012" t-shirts now, before the price of cotton goes up.  Smart man.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I've been prepping.

what have you been doing to prep?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
Expect new highs in PM's soon. I'm grabbing more silver tomorrow.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V

MM2K

• Getbig IV
Thanks Ben.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Many of us have been warning of this. 

Cut the god damned spending! 

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Many of us have been warning of this. 

Cut the god damned spending! 

Amen

MM2K

• Getbig IV
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!

He has been dead wrong on every single issue over the last several years, dead wrong on all of them.

It started with "The economy is strong and the mortgage problems are contained." How'd that turn out?

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Has he ever been confronted with the false predictions he has made?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
Has he ever been confronted with the false predictions he has made?

I think he's admitted to making a a few mistakes, which ones in particular I don't recall right now.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
since I dont shop at Walmarts, this shouldn't be much of a problem.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I'm sure tampons, panties, whipped cream, richard simmons' tapes, etc are all subject to inflationary pressures as well. 

Don't think your pink panties are in the clear just yet oh gay one.   

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
I'm sure tampons, panties, whipped cream, richard simmons' tapes, etc are all subject to inflationary pressures as well. 

Don't think your pink panties are in the clear just yet oh gay one.   
i go commando, so no PP for me !
butt, is that your fantasy?? hmmm..
w

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V

Alley garbage bins are more your style.

Johnny_Blaze

• Getbig II
Don't buy Anything
Just Do It

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Crazy times ahead.  Definately not the hope and change you idiots voted for.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I've been prepping.

what have you been doing to prep?

tonymctones

• Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Straw - I would have a serious discussion w you about but don't feel like you reallt give a shit or care in the least bit.