Author Topic: Will Lawler go stiff on Cole?  (Read 2412 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Will Lawler go stiff on Cole?
« on: April 02, 2011, 01:34:38 AM »
With the heat Cole's apparently drawing backstage due to "living" through his character, is it possible that King will actually go stiff on him or remain professional throughout?

I never liked MC in any capacity, he was either a pathetic weed who was protected by Tazz or an arrogant pr*ck with no redeeming qualities that for some reason is liked by VKM. I for one would love to see King lay one on him for the guys, especially JR (apparently there is now genuine heat there due to Cole's comments RE: JR) but i fear it is not to be.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Will Lawler go stiff on Cole?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 08:28:01 AM »
I wouldn't count on it happening.
I wouldn't even count on the "heat" being legitimate.

These days, guys are tweeting kayfabe, which is oftentimes obvious and ALWAYS ridiculous.

The legitimacy of this angle could go either way, IMO.
But, as far as King potatoing Cole...Jerry's got it nice, and knows you don't mess with the boss's "boy."
However, I suspect that Lawler's got a good relationship with the old man, too, so...

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 10:34:13 AM »
It would be good to see Lawler work as he normally would considering ho intense the feud has been.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 10:57:06 AM »
It's intermission time for Timmy when this match comes on. Here's the ending. Lawler wins and 3:16 gives the stunner to everyone in the ring. This is the only match on the card that I have zero interest in. At least with the mixed tag Layla is hot and Morrison will do a few cool moves. Lawler/Cole? Nothing there.
lol true. That's what everyone wants to see though. I would think JR gets involved...I'd rather have JBL as a ref than Austin.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 04:41:22 AM »
Those guys all hit the nearest bar after that match and got loaded together.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 09:07:07 PM »
I'm about ready for this whole Cole thing to end. It was great to hear JR for a bit, though.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 04:56:49 AM »
I'm about ready for this whole Cole thing to end. It was great to hear JR for a bit, though.
You and me both....

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 08:14:39 AM »
Sometimes, you just have to give people what they want to see. The fact is, no one paid money to see Cole work a real match with Lawler. They wanted to see him get his ass kicked. No need for swerves or anything like that.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 08:18:39 AM »
Sometimes, you just have to give people what they want to see. The fact is, no one paid money to see Cole work a real match with Lawler. They wanted to see him get his ass kicked. No need for swerves or anything like that.
They should have had Lawler piledrive Cole through a table. Just like the Andy Kaufman stuff of the early eighties. They could have had Cole come out in a neck brace and go to his personal office on Raw.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 11:49:57 AM »
They should have had Lawler piledrive Cole through a table. Just like the Andy Kaufman stuff of the early eighties. They could have had Cole come out in a neck brace and go to his personal office on Raw.

I had enough of that with Vicki, it would be nothing more than a recycled angle nobody wants to see. However if Cole had been hospitalised and they had to draft in JR for a few months to cover commentary as a feeler, then that would have been a brilliant and much needed twist.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 02:30:46 PM »
Didn't they ban regular piledrivers? That's why Lawler uses the fist drop as a finisher?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 04:58:18 AM »
Didn't they ban regular piledrivers? That's why Lawler uses the fist drop as a finisher?
I think so.....yet another PG brilliant move by Vince. What's next? The suplex?