Author Topic: Do yourself a favor and watch this  (Read 2865 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Do yourself a favor and watch this
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 04:42:14 AM »
that about sums it up

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 08:52:01 AM »
grade AAA ownage right there.

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 08:59:09 AM »
Yeah and I like how Obama placed GE CEO Jeffery Immelt in charge of his ecomonic recovery panel.  Obama is in bed with the worst of them.  There is no difference between repub. or democrat.
Live free or die

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 09:05:45 AM »
Yeah and I like how Obama placed GE CEO Jeffery Immelt in charge of his ecomonic recovery panel.  Obama is in bed with the worst of them.  There is no difference between repub. or democrat.
I wish others would start to see that.  They get everyone caught up in these petty issues but most of these republicans and dems boil down to the same lame pot of shit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 09:28:13 AM »
Comedians aren't the best source for solid political commentary.  Funny, but not much substance.  He didn't talk about how many "corporations" pay zero in taxes.  Nor did he discuss the possible impacts on the average consumer if GE and others pay taxes (or higher taxes).

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 10:07:49 AM »
Comedians aren't the best source for solid political commentary.  Funny, but not much substance.  He didn't talk about how many "corporations" pay zero in taxes.  Nor did he discuss the possible impacts on the average consumer if GE and others pay taxes (or higher taxes).
wow.... just wow....

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 10:58:51 AM »
wow.... just wow....

Wow X2

Beach Bum sounds like an old fart that can't appreciate a little comic relief.... ;D

Sadly but John delivers the message better than most Political pundits or whatever you call them.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 11:25:41 AM »
Wow X2

Beach Bum sounds like an old fart that can't appreciate a little comic relief.... ;D

Sadly but John delivers the message better than most Political pundits or whatever you call them.

yea, BB asks what this means to the average consumer if companies like GE have to pay taxes.  GE, like most other major corporations of today are working their asses off to outsource all of their labor.  Mabye someone should ask BB what America will look like once all the jobs are in China.  GE is one of the companies that's gone balls to the wall in making that happen.

Well, if they're going to dump American workers for chinese, the fucking least they can do is pay some goddamed taxes motherfuckers...  The middle class sure does...

I'm not for higher taxes, but GE paying zippo?  Are you fucking kidding me?  AND GETTING A REBATE TOO?  FOR REAL? 

I'd be ok with a rebate if they were creating American jobs, but they are not, they are sending the jobs overseas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  fucking morons!!!!!!!!!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »
oh, I know what's next... god forbid someone makes enough money here in America to support their family ::)  Total crime ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 11:44:58 AM »
50% of the people in this country pay 0 taxes. They're as culpable as GE in this.
That's a pretty easy point to make these days.... With the growing divide between the filthy rich and everyone else.

I'm not sure I would be as hard ass on a family bringing in 25,000-65,000 a year as I would with an American company that has a net income of 12 billion but works their ass off to outsource as many jobs and they can.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 01:11:21 PM »
Wow X2

Is comedy or serious political commentary? 

The approach to GE and corporate taxes by many people is way too simplistic.  I don't think most consumers want to pay more for goods and services, which will absolutely happen if we start trying to close tax loopholes.  We should be lowering the corporate tax rate, which affects the vast majority of corporations, and not overemphasizing the fact GE has some pretty good tax advisers. 

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 12:59:19 AM »
overemphasizing ???

Are you kidding me?
We are broke discussing cutting across the board, american families are job-less and fucked.
All americans pay taxes however the ones who make the most money does not pay any taxes instead they GET money from the state.
All the vile they move jobs out of the country to get cheaper labor.

The result?
The middle-class(us) pay our taxes(they dont) that is until we dont have a job anymore because they can find cheapor labor in India or China.

These are the people who is ruining the country and bankrupting it while making India and China stronger.

Not Obama or Bush these guys are simply in bed with them one way or another.

I feel this is issue is by far the most relevant for our country in these hard economic times.

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 06:10:00 AM »
BUMP

While we discuss Obama vs. ? these fuckers are sucking the country dry and we cant do shit about it apparently

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 06:39:52 AM »
Beyond absurd video.  State fnances don't operate the same way Federal finances do.   Whata joke.  No wonder the fools who watch his show are lemmings for the left.       

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 07:15:44 AM »
Beyond absurd video.  State fnances don't operate the same way Federal finances do.   Whata joke.  No wonder the fools who watch his show are lemmings for the left.       

Please explain

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 07:19:30 AM »
Please explain

States cant print money like the Fed Govt. and their man source of finances is the sales tax, property taxes, and other stuff like that.   

Corporate income taxes usually make up very onlya portion of state budget projections.  and guess who gets stuck with paying for these greedy slobs in govt union jobs?   the homeoners who are getting taxed out of their homes! 

Screw these govt parasites, all of them.   and as far as the pristine as the snow driven wind cops, teachers, and firemen, fuck them too.         

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 07:31:20 AM »
I dont think we are on the same page here.

We are talking about the biggest coorporations in the US that make billions of dollars each year while paying zero taxes. Just the opposite infact.

The rest of us including the firemen, police etc pay taxes but these people dont.
If that wasnt enough for these greedy pigs they continue to lay off american workers and move production overseas to make even more profit.

The result?
The US is getting milked for money and the americans are losing their job. Sounds familiar?

I know you are stuck in your ideology but you have posted 1000's of posts saying Obama is collapsing the nation but guess what:
It is these people who is collapsing the nation, Obama is just their little pet.
Open your eyes will you

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 07:35:19 AM »
I dont think we are on the same page here.

We are talking about the biggest coorporations in the US that make billions of dollars each year while paying zero taxes. Just the opposite infact.

The rest of us including the firemen, police etc pay taxes but these people dont.
If that wasnt enough for these greedy pigs they continue to lay off american workers and move production overseas to make even more profit.

The result?
The US is getting milked for money and the americans are losing their job. Sounds familiar?

I know you are stuck in your ideology but you have posted 1000's of posts saying Obama is collapsing the nation but guess what:
It is these people who is collapsing the nation, Obama is just their little pet.
Open your eyes will you

Wrong jackass - do you even have a clue what corps already pay in FICA, Workers Comp, etc as it is?   

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 07:39:02 AM »
About 16% i think.

But what has that to do with the tax on the income of the firm?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 07:42:56 AM »
About 16% i think.

But what has that to do with the tax on the income of the firm?

Again - you are economically illiterate, and that is being nice.   In a global economy - corporations can go wherever they receive most favorable treatment.   If you want to play the class warfare game, they will all leave and will result in less employment.

Additionally, jacking up their taxes will nly result in higher prices to consumers.   We have enough inflation already.  The issue is that the govt is too big, too costly, and have too many people on the dole.

We have a spending problem, not a tax problem.     

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 07:45:34 AM »
you show them their not paying their fair share and they still stick up for them, now thats the dumbing down of america

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 09:23:30 AM »
Two points - The US offers far too many tax credits to families and the middle class.  That is who doesn't pay taxes.  Middle class families earning under 60k with 2-3 kids.  This has been in place for decades and will probably continue. 

Second point - there is actually nothing that definitively proves lowering corporate taxes will actually increase jobs.  As 333 said they look for the best market where they can save money, no spend it.  Lowering it isn't going to make GE pay, they'll find a way around it and pay as little or nothing as possible.  Jobs won't magically come back just because profits increase due to a tax break.  Revenue doesn't automatically equal jobs, unless that revenue comes from growth within a market not a tax break.  What incentive is there to even think about creating another job without demand for their product?  A corporate tax cut in a lot of cases is nothing more than a chance for a larger shareholder dividend or buyback and bonuses for boosting 'revenue'. 
Abandon every hope...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 09:33:04 AM »
you show them their not paying their fair share and they still stick up for them, now thats the dumbing down of america

Reading your posts contributes more to the dumbing down of America than that stuff.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 02:27:53 PM »
overemphasizing ???

Are you kidding me?
We are broke discussing cutting across the board, american families are job-less and fucked.
All americans pay taxes however the ones who make the most money does not pay any taxes instead they GET money from the state.
All the vile they move jobs out of the country to get cheaper labor.

The result?
The middle-class(us) pay our taxes(they dont) that is until we dont have a job anymore because they can find cheapor labor in India or China.

These are the people who is ruining the country and bankrupting it while making India and China stronger.

Not Obama or Bush these guys are simply in bed with them one way or another.

I feel this is issue is by far the most relevant for our country in these hard economic times.

I don't where to begin.   :-\  Some American families are suffering.  Not all. 

All Americans do not pay income taxes. 

The "wealthy" pay most of the income taxes in the U.S.

This comic did a little montage about one corporation.  Yes, saying the fact one American company didn't pay taxes somehow contributed to our recession/economic problems is simplistic and an overstatement.