Author Topic: The Undertaker vs HHH at WM...Playboy's play by play....  (Read 2383 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
The Undertaker vs HHH at WM...Playboy's play by play....
« on: April 04, 2011, 05:37:12 AM »
The lights went black, and everyone’s cell phones came out as Metallica’s “For Whom The Bell Tolls” hit. The crowd stood in silence as they had no idea who was coming out at this point. They stayed silent and continued to film with their cell phones. Triple H appeared in a spotlight as some kind of king figure in some sort of horrible headress, cape, and so forth. Then the screen went black again, the caveman clothes were gone, and Hunter made his way to the ring to his normal Motorhead song. It took a good ten minutes, but I’m pretty sure the crowd enjoyed it.

Next, the Undertaker’s bells hit and fire erupted. Johnny Cash’s “Ain’t No Grave” took to the speakers and the Deadman appeared. Five minutes later, Taker was in the ring.

The match began, and Triple H was quickly thrown over the top rope and slammed into the steel chairs before he could push Taker through Michael Cole’s popemobile seat thing. They got back in the ring, and Triple H broke up Undertaker’s attempt at an OLLLLD SCHOOOL. The crowd’s chants were split down the middle for this one.

The next big spot was Triple H attempting to give the Pedigree to Taker through the announce table. Taker quickly reversed it and went for the chokeslam. Triple H broke the hold and went for the Pedigree again before Taker flipped him off the table onto the floor. Taker ran slowly crawled back in the ring and then DOVE headfirst over the top rope and took Hunter out. Senior citizens diving head-first into the ground is pretty impressive.

They slowly went back and forth, and Triple H ended up suplexing Taker off the ring steps through the announce table. Predictibly, this was one slow match. Big spot… laying around for five minutes… another big spot.

Undertaker hit his first chokeslam of the night! And of course, Triple H kicked out. I mean come on, you think one chokeslam would take down the King of Kings?

A few moments later, Pedigree number one and… a two-count!

Two minutes later… THE LAST RIDE and… a two-count! The Undertaker was not happy. He followed it up with a TOMBSTONE and… a tie for the closest two-count in history. Triple H is apparently the most resilient wrestler of all-time. They really played up the drama of this Streak thing. Anyway, they laid around for a long time again, and then Triple H DDT’ed Taker on a steel chair. They laid around some more and then… Pedigree number two! Taker kicked out after a two-count and then Triple H cried. They easily spent half of this match crawling around. Anyway, Pedigree number three and another freaking two-count. This was kind of ridiculous. You can tell that Triple H is clearly carrying the Undertaker as his age has set in. He was moving like a glacier....very slow.

Triple H then hit Taker in the back eight times with a chair (remember, this is PG WWE, no headshots) and then fell over. Wait, what? Triple H with a chair headshot on the Undertaker! Triple H then fell in the corner and looked to be deep in thought. He finally made it to his feet and decided to yell at the Undertaker… who grabbed him by the throat, but let go? Triple H signalled that it was over and then TOMBSTONE PILEDROVE the Undertaker, crossed his arms and stuck out his tongue as he tried to pin him and Taker still kicked out. The crowd went crazy for Triple H’s Tombstone.

Triple H, clearly frustrated, rolled outside of the ring and picked up his trusty sledgehammer. Taker tried to crawl out of the ring, but HHH pulled him back to the center. Taker then suprised Triple H with a submission hold and… two minutes later, Triple H tapped.

19-0, the Streak continues. This was pretty exhausting to type.  :)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The Undertaker vs HHH at WM...Playboy's play by play....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 11:49:02 AM »
The lights went black, and everyone’s cell phones came out as Metallica’s “For Whom The Bell Tolls” hit. The crowd stood in silence as they had no idea who was coming out at this point. They stayed silent and continued to film with their cell phones. Triple H appeared in a spotlight as some kind of king figure in some sort of horrible headress, cape, and so forth. Then the screen went black again, the caveman clothes were gone, and Hunter made his way to the ring to his normal Motorhead song. It took a good ten minutes, but I’m pretty sure the crowd enjoyed it.

Next, the Undertaker’s bells hit and fire erupted. Johnny Cash’s “Ain’t No Grave” took to the speakers and the Deadman appeared. Five minutes later, Taker was in the ring.

The match began, and Triple H was quickly thrown over the top rope and slammed into the steel chairs before he could push Taker through Michael Cole’s popemobile seat thing. They got back in the ring, and Triple H broke up Undertaker’s attempt at an OLLLLD SCHOOOL. The crowd’s chants were split down the middle for this one.

The next big spot was Triple H attempting to give the Pedigree to Taker through the announce table. Taker quickly reversed it and went for the chokeslam. Triple H broke the hold and went for the Pedigree again before Taker flipped him off the table onto the floor. Taker ran slowly crawled back in the ring and then DOVE headfirst over the top rope and took Hunter out. Senior citizens diving head-first into the ground is pretty impressive.

They slowly went back and forth, and Triple H ended up suplexing Taker off the ring steps through the announce table. Predictibly, this was one slow match. Big spot… laying around for five minutes… another big spot.

Undertaker hit his first chokeslam of the night! And of course, Triple H kicked out. I mean come on, you think one chokeslam would take down the King of Kings?

A few moments later, Pedigree number one and… a two-count!

Two minutes later… THE LAST RIDE and… a two-count! The Undertaker was not happy. He followed it up with a TOMBSTONE and… a tie for the closest two-count in history. Triple H is apparently the most resilient wrestler of all-time. They really played up the drama of this Streak thing. Anyway, they laid around for a long time again, and then Triple H DDT’ed Taker on a steel chair. They laid around some more and then… Pedigree number two! Taker kicked out after a two-count and then Triple H cried. They easily spent half of this match crawling around. Anyway, Pedigree number three and another freaking two-count. This was kind of ridiculous. You can tell that Triple H is clearly carrying the Undertaker as his age has set in. He was moving like a glacier....very slow.

Triple H then hit Taker in the back eight times with a chair (remember, this is PG WWE, no headshots) and then fell over. Wait, what? Triple H with a chair headshot on the Undertaker! Triple H then fell in the corner and looked to be deep in thought. He finally made it to his feet and decided to yell at the Undertaker… who grabbed him by the throat, but let go? Triple H signalled that it was over and then TOMBSTONE PILEDROVE the Undertaker, crossed his arms and stuck out his tongue as he tried to pin him and Taker still kicked out. The crowd went crazy for Triple H’s Tombstone.

Triple H, clearly frustrated, rolled outside of the ring and picked up his trusty sledgehammer. Taker tried to crawl out of the ring, but HHH pulled him back to the center. Taker then suprised Triple H with a submission hold and… two minutes later, Triple H tapped.

19-0, the Streak continues. This was pretty exhausting to type.  :)

They shouldn't have had Helmsley tap. He should have gone out, sleeper-style. Have him just pass out and the referee raise his arm three times, only to watch it drop.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 12:12:25 PM »
The Hells Gate triangle choke hold.....excellent move.  Its unexpected and takes away from the usual tombstone finish.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:03:45 PM »
The Hells Gate triangle choke hold.....excellent move.  Its unexpected and takes away from the usual tombstone finish.

He used it to beat Edge for the World title at WrestleMania 24. I remember jumping up and down, screaming "TAP, TAP, TAP!!". When the pyro went off, I was holding up my Undertaker T-shirt and screaming "DEADMAN!! DEADMAN!!!".

And that pyro accident was about 10 feet away from me and my son.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 04:59:21 AM »
He used it to beat Edge for the World title at WrestleMania 24. I remember jumping up and down, screaming "TAP, TAP, TAP!!". When the pyro went off, I was holding up my Undertaker T-shirt and screaming "DEADMAN!! DEADMAN!!!".

And that pyro accident was about 10 feet away from me and my son.
I read about that the next day when I was checking the results. What exactly happened there? Where people hurt? Did the staff compensate anyone for the inconvienience? That's crazy.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 06:46:09 AM »
I read about that the next day when I was checking the results. What exactly happened there? Where people hurt? Did the staff compensate anyone for the inconvienience? That's crazy.

At the end of the match, they had the fireworks to celebrate the Deadman's win. There were cables from the rafters of the Citrus Bowl with rockets attached to them, leading toward that semi-dome thing around the ring.

Well, one of those rockets went off but didn't go down the wire like the others. The cable snapped and the rocket went spiraling into the folks standing a few feet away from me. Some of them got singed (as in burned slightly); others were just scrambling wildly, screaming "OH &*#^@!!!.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 06:47:14 AM »
At the end of the match, they had the fireworks to celebrate the Deadman's win. There were cables from the rafters of the Citrus Bowl with rockets attached to them, leading toward that semi-dome thing around the ring.

Well, one of those rockets went off but didn't go down the wire like the others. The cable snapped and the rocket went spiraling into the folks standing a few feet away from me. Some of them got singed (as in burned slightly); others were just scrambling wildly, screaming "OH &*#^@!!!.
Holy shit! You and you son are lucky you didn't get hurt. They should really have staff double and triple check that shit before an event starts.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 06:57:37 AM »
Holy shit! You and you son are lucky you didn't get hurt. They should really have staff double and triple check that shit before an event starts.

They usually do. We've seen those rocket things before at WWE events. It was raining on and off, during the event, which may have caused some problems. That would explain why WrestleMania has only been held outdoors twice. The red-white-blue pyro that Money Mayweather had startled me, as it was just a few seats up from me (I bought my tickets late, so I ended up in the nose-bleed section).

The Titantrons and lights around the ring shorted out, during the women's tag match. That's why, on the video, Jerry "the King" Lawler jokes about whether the Undertaker just showed up.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 07:32:16 AM »
They usually do. We've seen those rocket things before at WWE events. It was raining on and off, during the event, which may have caused some problems. That would explain why WrestleMania has only been held outdoors twice. The red-white-blue pyro that Money Mayweather had startled me, as it was just a few seats up from me (I bought my tickets late, so I ended up in the nose-bleed section).

The Titantrons and lights around the ring shorted out, during the women's tag match. That's why, on the video, Jerry "the King" Lawler jokes about whether the Undertaker just showed up.
That's nuts. The pyro must have been deafening. I always sit opposite the pyro and aisle where the wrestlers walk down. I sat once near the pyro and I almost went deaf.