Author Topic: Upcoming Marvel and DC movies  (Read 499464 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Upcoming Marvel and DC movies
« Reply #350 on: August 04, 2015, 08:42:25 PM »
Deadpool Official Trailer #1 (2016) - Ryan Reynolds Movie HD

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #351 on: January 12, 2016, 07:08:58 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #352 on: April 13, 2016, 05:05:43 PM »
Doctor Strange Official Teaser Trailer #1

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #353 on: April 27, 2016, 06:48:43 PM »
Batman: The Killing Joke

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #354 on: June 11, 2016, 08:07:19 PM »
The degree to which fans of Batman—known as “Batnatics” in circles I’ve just invented—have been waiting for an adaptation of Alan Moore and Brian Bolland‘s seminal work of Joker insanity, The Killing Joke, in some visual format for decades. And later this year, the hotly anticipated R-rated animated version will be released. Still, many fans are lamenting that the story never made it to the big screen…but oh wait! It IS coming to the big screen, in July, for one night only, as a Fathom Event! Now fans can openly weep for there are no more worlds to conquer.

Batman: The Killing Joke, directed by Bruce Timm and featuring the voices of the inimitable Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill as Batman and Joker, respectively, will be in theaters for one night only Monday, July 25, at 7:30pm and 10:00pm local time in participating cinemas. That means you could, if you wanted, go see it twice in one night like the young, fresh Batnatic you are. Tickets will go on sale for this event beginning June 17, 2016. That’s a Friday, if you’re also a calendar fanatic. A Calanatic? Nah.

Not only will the feature itself be screened, but as per usual for Fathom, some extras will be shown as well, including a special introduction from Hamill plus a never-before-seen documentary about how he was cast in this project and what the role means to him as an actor and a fan. The event will conclude with a special behind-the-scenes look at how the Joker’s memorable, yet disturbing song and dance number was recreated for this feature. Yes, there’s a sweet song and dance number in this very violent Batman story.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #355 on: July 02, 2016, 01:04:26 PM »
Here’s a New Look at David Haller in the X-MEN TV Spin-Off LEGION

The X-Men movie series is now nine films strong, and is now going to introduce its first television component with the new FX series Legion.  Created by Noah Hawley–best known for his work on Fargo–the new series is about a young man named David Haller, a mutant diagnosed with schizophrenia, who has struggled with mental illness since he was a teenager. According to the official series description, everything changes when he meets the girl of his dreams—a fellow patient—and is confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real. Haller is being played by former Downton Abbey star Dan Stevens.

Now, in the Marvel comics, David Haller’s mental illness results in multiple personalities, each with a different mutation. He’s also the son of Professor Charles Xavier, a result of an affair years prior with a woman in Israel, a fact that wasn’t revealed to either David or Charles until adulthood. How much of the series will stick to the comics is unknown, as the X-Men movies diverge more wildly from the comics than their Marvel Cinematic Universe counterparts do, but seeing as they are stressing this is an X-Men spin-off, it seems the family connection to Xavier will come up at some point.

Now creator Noah Hawley has revealed another sneak peek of the show to fans on his Instagram. The picture was taken during a sound mixing session, and shows Dan Stevens as David Haller in what looks like mental institution clothing. It also confirms that the TV version will not be rocking the amazing hair of the comics character. You can check out the pic below…

http://nerdist.com/heres-a-new-look-at-david-haller-in-the-x-men-tv-spin-off-legion/

X-Men film producer Simon Kinberg recently revealed details about the new series to Moviefone–via FlickeringMyth–stating that: “Noah [Hawley] is a genius–he wrote and created and directed the pilot to Legion–and it is a very different sensibility than anything we’ve done with the X-Men movies. Almost, I would say, as radically different as Deadpool was from the mainline X-Men movies. Legion is, again, in a different direction: really character-based, really granular in terms of getting inside the details of the characters. It stands as part of the X-Men universe, but it stands apart from it as well.”

The eight-part first season of Legion is set to debut on FX early next year.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #356 on: July 28, 2016, 06:33:44 PM »
Justice League

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #357 on: October 08, 2016, 11:13:17 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #358 on: December 04, 2016, 12:23:46 AM »
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Teaser Trailer

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #359 on: January 11, 2017, 06:52:24 PM »
X-Men TV Series Nearing Pilot Order

It looks like Fox's X-Men TV series may become a reality in the very near future.

While no official order has been given just yet, Fox chairman Gary Newman said today at the Television Critics Association press tour that they are awaiting a final draft of the script but expect to issue a pilot order with the next two weeks.

“We’re deep into development on that,” Newman said. “We’re expecting a script shortly. The materials we’ve seen so far have been very, very promising.

“Development across the board this year is a little slower than usual, so we’re not, unfortunately, ready to make an announcement about it, but we’re very encouraged.”

The X-Men drama is being developed by Burn Notice creator Matt Nix. The series does not yet have an official title, but casting is already said to be underway.

Fox has not announced any specific mutants appearing in the new X-Men series, but it is said to focus on a mutant family that joins an underground mutant resistance when anti-mutant legislation is passed into law. The premise sounds similar to the idea behind the original "Days of Future Past" comic book story that inspired the 2014 X-Men: Days of Future Past feature film.

Nix is serving as executive producer, along with Bryan Singer, Lauren Shuler Donner, and Simon Kinberg of the X-Men movie franchise and Marvel’s Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory.
Nix's X-Men drama replaced Hellfire, the proposed series following the Hellfire Club when Fox decided the idea would not work for a television series.

Legion, which was announced alongside Hellfire, is set to debut on FX in February. That series follows David Haller (Dan Stevens), a powerful mutant with multiple personalities.

Noah Hawley (Fargo) will serve as an Executive Producer along with Lauren Shuler Donner (X-Men: Days of Future Past, Deadpool), Bryan Singer (X-Men: Apocalypse, Superman Returns), Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days of Future Past, The Martian), Jeph Loeb (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel’s Daredevil, Marvel’s Jessica Jones), Jim Chory (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel’s Daredevil, Marvel’s Jessica Jones) and John Cameron (Fargo, The Big Lebowski). Legion is the latest project from Hawley and Cameron, two of the Executive Producers of the Emmy and Golden Globe -winning FX limited series Fargo.

http://comicbook.com/2017/01/11/x-men-tv-series-nearing-pilot-order/

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #360 on: January 14, 2017, 09:14:24 PM »
Defenders Behind the Scenes

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #361 on: January 20, 2017, 07:59:03 PM »
'Logan' Red Band Trailer

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #362 on: January 24, 2017, 04:44:06 PM »
X-Men TV Series Gets Official Pilot Order From Fox

It's official, the mutants are coming to television.

Fox has officially given a pilot order to the still untitled X-Men universe television project being produced by 20th TV and Marvel Television. Matt Nix will write and executive produce the pilot. 
The pilot follows two human parents and their mutant child who are forced to go on the run from the government and end up joining an underground mutant network.

This will be the second live-action X-Men project coming to Fox's television network. Legion, from Fargo's Noah Hawley, will debut on FX on Feb. 8.

Lauren Shuler Donner, Bryan Singer, Simon Kinberg, Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory will executive produce the pilot.

Matt Nix's X-Men project replaced Hellfire, a television show centered on the villainous Hellfire Club. Hellfire was announced alongside Legion but lagged behind in production. Hellfire was eventually abandoned by Marvel and Fox. The studios explained that the project felt too much like a movie to make the jump to a television series format.

Nix's X-Men television series is said to be more directly tied to the X-Men mythology than Legion, which used the character of David Haller as a jumping off point to create its own mini-universe and supporting cast.

http://comicbook.com/2017/01/24/x-men-tv-series-gets-official-pilot-order-from-fox/

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #363 on: January 27, 2017, 03:28:30 PM »
Inside Legion Experience at Villain in Brooklyn tonight through Sunday.

http://www.insidelegion.com/tagged/Experience

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #364 on: February 07, 2017, 08:49:44 PM »
Iron Fist

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #365 on: March 26, 2017, 08:14:34 PM »
JUSTICE LEAGUE - Official Trailer 1

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #366 on: April 08, 2017, 06:18:41 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #367 on: April 10, 2017, 08:24:59 PM »
Thor: Ragnarok

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #368 on: June 29, 2017, 05:38:36 PM »
Marvel's Inhumans - Official Trailer

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #369 on: July 06, 2017, 06:14:13 PM »
 :(

Joan Lee, Wife of Marvel Comics Legend Stan Lee, Dies at 93

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/joan-lee-wife-of-marvel-comics-legend-stan-lee-dies-at-93/ar-BBDVAOk?li=BBmkt5R

Joan Lee, the wife of Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee, died Thursday in Los Angeles. She was 93.

"I can confirm the sad news that Joan Lee passed away this morning quietly and surrounded by her family," a spokesperson for Stan Lee and his family said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "The family ask that you please give them time to grieve and respect their privacy during this difficult time."

Joan Lee suffered a stroke earlier in the week and was hospitalized, according to sources.

The former British hat model and Lee were married on Dec. 5, 1947, and were by all accounts hopelessly devoted to each other. They had two children: J.C. (Joan Celia), who was born in 1950, and Jan, who died three days after her birth in 1953.

Last year, Lee recounted how he met his wife in a story for The Hollywood Reporter that celebrated his 75th anniversary in comics. After a childhood sweetheart wed another woman, Joan Clayton impulsively married an American soldier during World War II and moved to New York, where she was extremely unhappy. Meanwhile, a cousin of Lee's wanted to set up the struggling writer with a hat model. Lee tells what happened next:
"When I was young, there was one girl I drew; one body and face and hair. It was my idea of what a girl should be. The perfect woman. And when I got out of the Army, somebody, a cousin of mine, knew a model, a hat model at a place called Laden Hats. He said, 'Stan, there's this really pretty girl named Betty. I think you'd like her. She might like you. Why don't you go over and ask her to lunch.' Blah, blah, blah.

"So I went up to this place. Betty didn't answer the door. But Joan answered, and she was the head model. I took one look at her - and she was the girl I had been drawing all my life. And then I heard the English accent. And I'm a nut for English accents! She said, 'May I help you?' And I took a look at her, and I think I said something crazy like, 'I love you.' I don't remember exactly. But anyway, I took her to lunch. I never met Betty, the other girl. I think I proposed to [Joan] at lunch."

In those days, the quickest way to get divorced was to move to Nevada and stay for six weeks to establish residency. Soon after Joan arrived in Reno, Stan received a letter from her addressed to "Jack," and that worried him.

"Now I'm not the smartest guy in world," recalled Lee. "I know my name isn't 'Jack.' And so why did she write 'Dear Jack?' Maybe I better go to Reno and see what's going on. I got there and she was waiting for me. And there's three guys with her. They all look like John Wayne. Big Western guys! Rugged! And I get off the plane fresh from New York with my little pork pie hat and a little scarf and my gloves. And she's with me. I thought, 'I don't have a chance.' Luckily, I had a chance."

A judge granted Joan her divorce and about an hour later, he married her and Lee in a room next door.

The couple returned to New York, where Lee worked at Marvel Comics forerunner Timely/Atlas Comics, a job he initially landed because his cousin Martin Goodman owned the company. Comics were a middling enterprise until Lee and Jack Kirby co-created The Fantastic Four in 1961 (followed by the Hulk, Avengers, Iron Man, X-Men and other characters) and turned the company, renamed Marvel Comics, into a pop culture powerhouse.

In some versions of the origin of the Fantastic Four, Lee credits Joan with inspiring him. He was depressed about his career (Lee had dreams of becoming a serious novelist) and the state of comics (the industry in the 1950s was dominated by stories of war, science fiction and romance, genres he didn't like) and contemplated leaving the business.

"Before you quit," Joan told him, "why don't you write one comic you are proud of?" And thus was born the Fantastic Four.

In 1981, the Lees moved from New York City to California so Stan could work on developing Marvel TV and film projects. Joan did voice work on two 1990s animated Marvel shows, Fantastic Four (as Miss Forbes) and Spider-Man (as Madame Web). She also made a cameo in 2016's X-Men: Apocalypse.  

Joan Lee also wrote a 1987 novel, The Pleasure Palace, about a man striving to build the most luxurious ocean liner ever while romancing several women at once. According to her daughter, she had three more unpublished but finished novels at home).

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #370 on: July 22, 2017, 03:22:46 PM »

Justice League Comic-con Sneak Peek

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #371 on: July 23, 2017, 08:11:19 AM »
Thor Ragnarok