Author Topic: Paul Ryan on the debt, budget, and deficit.  (Read 3408 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Paul Ryan on the debt, budget, and deficit.
« on: April 05, 2011, 10:24:44 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Paul Ryan on the debt, budget, and deficit.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 10:26:36 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 10:33:05 AM »
Lets not forget this historic beatdown of the bumbling messiah. 

Obama never recovered from this verbal KTFO on this issue. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 06:57:44 PM »
Ryan Rides To The Rescue With Realistic Budget Plan
IBD Editorials ^ | April 5, 2011 | ERNEST S. CHRISTIAN AND GARY A. ROBBINS

It's jump ball on the federal budget — and America's future is up for grabs.

Although often cast in numerical terms involving trillions of dollars, the real budget battle is about human dignity, freedom and progress. Can we preserve these and other bedrock characteristics of American civilization? Or will they and we be dragged down by mindless fiscal excesses in Washington?

The two most immediate protagonists in this historic budget drama are President Obama, the likely villain, and Paul Ryan, the Republican chairman of the House Budget Committee, the emerging hero.

Obama holds the modern record for the biggest debt and deficits in the shortest time and is sub rosa heading America toward the biggest tax hikes in history.

In opposition to Obama's road to ruin, Ryan has unveiled a high-minded "Path to Prosperity" by which America can escape the spend-debt-tax trap set by Obama before it's finally and fatally sprung.

Obama governs on a zero-sum basis, pitting Americans against each other, in the apparent belief that the only way for anyone to be better off is for government to make other people worse off.

The Republican budget is designed to make everyone better off. Cut taxes, cut spending, induce jobs and income growth, repeal ObamaCare, rescue Medicare, protect seniors and enable young Americans to create a new golden age of freedom and prosperity in the 21st century. And this is just for starters. Wait until 2013 for the best stuff.

Seniors Protected

The "win-win" Ryan-Rivlin proposal saves Medicare from financial collapse while at the same time allowing existing senior Americans (those now 55 and older) the option to continue with present Medicare.

(Excerpt) Read more at investors.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 11:20:31 PM »

Bump.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 05:43:38 AM »

No wonder gaybama hates Ryan.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 07:04:40 AM »
I like Ryan but hate his idea to give big tax cuts to the rich.

Cut spending, cut welfare.  But leave people's retirements $/social security alone, dammit!

And privatizing social security = horrible idea.  Imagine if 1/3 of the elderly in america TODAY had ZERO social security $ becuase of Bear Steans, AIG, etc?

HORRIBLE idea - NONE of us knows what firms are going to fail, ya know?

Paul ryan is prepared, intelligent, and polished, a great pick!  Get the best quality ppl on the ticket!  just shred this terrible idea, please!

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 08:05:15 AM »
I like Ryan but hate his idea to give big tax cuts to the rich.

Cut spending, cut welfare.  But leave people's retirements $/social security alone, dammit!

And privatizing social security = horrible idea.  Imagine if 1/3 of the elderly in america TODAY had ZERO social security $ becuase of Bear Steans, AIG, etc?

HORRIBLE idea - NONE of us knows what firms are going to fail, ya know?

Paul ryan is prepared, intelligent, and polished, a great pick!  Get the best quality ppl on the ticket!  just shred this terrible idea, please!

Social Security was never intended to be a retirement account, and as usual the government never takes into account when they create some unconstitutional cluster fuck, that hey over time people seem to live longer. You are responsible for your own retirement. I have a 401K, it managed to survive the stock market instability.

Yeah none of us know what firm is going to fail, hell my company could close up shop tomorrow. Be prepaired, don't depend on the government, that doesn't give damn about you any further than your vote.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 08:37:41 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 08:43:16 AM »
Social Security was never intended to be a retirement account

Yes, but now it IS.  For many or most people, it IS.

I know it's not right, but it's the reality. 

Romney had to stop the hemorraging - he was getting pummeled by republicans on the far right - this appeases them for the time being, ryan is awesome.

but long term, his plan does suck.  Romney's history as gov sucks.  It's a far-right and far-left campaign to be honest - romneycare and AWB + the ryan plan... it really makes no sense.  But I readily say ryan is competent, while i shat on rubio and palin cause they were not.   Ryan's a smart dude.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 08:52:59 AM »
Yes, but now it IS.  For many or most people, it IS.

I know it's not right, but it's the reality.  

Romney had to stop the hemorraging - he was getting pummeled by republicans on the far right - this appeases them for the time being, ryan is awesome.

but long term, his plan does suck.  Romney's history as gov sucks.  It's a far-right and far-left campaign to be honest - romneycare and AWB + the ryan plan... it really makes no sense.  But I readily say ryan is competent, while i shat on rubio and palin cause they were not.   Ryan's a smart dude.

Same bullshit again huh? Well I know that it wasn't intended for this but now since people have abused well we can't touch it. Fuck that!

What does "Romneycare" have to do with anything? Again the states can do these things see 10th Amendment. But since you want to go there the SC seems to have given the government to go ahead to tax inactivity.

You can cry and whine about medicare, SS, and anything else you want, if the spending and deficit aren't controlled none of that shit is going to matter. SS isn't going to be there when I retire, I know that and am planning accordingly, I'm sure at some point the government will decide that since I have been responsible its just not fair to everyone else. And pass some bullshit law to confiscate what I have and make sure everyone gets "a piece of the pie".

So in your world just push everyone over the cliff ::)

I don't know about you, but I want my kids to grow up in the America I did, not some dilapidated shell of a once great country.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 10:11:46 AM »
If we cut welfare, if we cut a lot of pork, if maybe we DONT give the top 1% the cuts that Ryan specifically wanted...

then we can keep social security.  See, I'm all for cutting a lot of shit, mainly UE down to 2 weeks (cause most dont start looking until their UE pay is up..).    Cut unemployment, cut 80% of those on welfare, end food stamps to 80% of ppl getting it... I mean, a single woman I know gets 400 per month, with no kids - NOT RIGHT.

however, social security, don't fck with that - we pay it.  Its easy for us at 30 to say "hey, i want my own private account".  But when we're 72 and crapping in a bag and we lose it all because some Bear-Stearns exec took a 40 mil parachute package and bankrupted the firm?  See how cool it is then.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 10:13:10 AM »
If we cut welfare, if we cut a lot of pork, if maybe we DONT give the top 1% the cuts that Ryan specifically wanted...

then we can keep social security.  See, I'm all for cutting a lot of shit, mainly UE down to 2 weeks (cause most dont start looking until their UE pay is up..).    Cut unemployment, cut 80% of those on welfare, end food stamps to 80% of ppl getting it... I mean, a single woman I know gets 400 per month, with no kids - NOT RIGHT.

however, social security, don't fck with that - we pay it.  Its easy for us at 30 to say "hey, i want my own private account".  But when we're 72 and crapping in a bag and we lose it all because some Bear-Stearns exec took a 40 mil parachute package and bankrupted the firm?  See how cool it is then.

We are broke moron. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 10:16:14 AM »

Fuck social security, stupid fucking idea that has spiraled out of control.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 10:17:26 AM »

We are broke moron.  

Do you want to give tax breaks to the top 1% (to the tune of what, 3 trillion?) as Ryan suggest, 333386?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 10:28:30 AM »
Do you want to give tax breaks to the top 1% (to the tune of what, 3 trillion?) as Ryan suggest, 333386?

Everybody is overtaxed.   

I don't want the govt getting any more $$$$ 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 11:16:51 AM »
I see your

Everybody is overtaxed.   

I don't want the govt getting any more $$$$ 

I see your answer.  Youre kneepadding Ryan already, champ.  you DONT NEED to do that.

You can say "he's right about slashing welfare and UE, but i'm not sure about giving the 3 trillion in savings to the super wealthy".

It's okay to say that.  I like ryan a lot and am very happry romney didn't choose a "fresh face" idiot with 15 months in office lol.   I applaud this decision.

and I applaud slashing spending that ryan wants.  But he served his masters with the part about handing most of hte savings to the super wealthy, and he needs to run from that or enjoy the loss in november. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 11:18:38 AM »
I see your

I see your answer.  Youre kneepadding Ryan already, champ.  you DONT NEED to do that.

You can say "he's right about slashing welfare and UE, but i'm not sure about giving the 3 trillion in savings to the super wealthy".

It's okay to say that.  I like ryan a lot and am very happry romney didn't choose a "fresh face" idiot with 15 months in office lol.   I applaud this decision.

and I applaud slashing spending that ryan wants.  But he served his masters with the part about handing most of hte savings to the super wealthy, and he needs to run from that or enjoy the loss in november.  

How do you suggest they fix it then? By the way, Chile privatized their social security decades ago and they've been successful ever since.

It's pretty clear that you're another Keynsian fucktard.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »
How do you suggest they fix it then? By the way, Chile privatized their social security decades ago and they've been successful ever since. It's pretty clear that you're another Keynsian fucktard.

you might want to do a little more research on that claim

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »
I see your

I see your answer.  Youre kneepadding Ryan already, champ.  you DONT NEED to do that.

It's okay to say that.  I like ryan a lot and am very happry romney didn't choose a "fresh face" idiot with 15 months in office lol.   I applaud this decision.

and I applaud slashing spending that ryan wants.  But he served his masters with the part about handing most of hte savings to the super wealthy, and he needs to run from that or enjoy the loss in november. 

What are you talking about giving money to these people? 

They fucking earned it! 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2012, 11:32:03 AM »
you might want to do a little more research on that claim

Their system is much more sustainable than the one we have here. Nothing else is really "relevent".

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 11:33:46 AM »
Their system is much more sustainable than the one we have here. Nothing else is really "relevent".

again, check you should do some more research and I assume you must never make a spelling mistake

do you have a degree in "spell check"

aren't you on the 8 year plan or did you finally graduate

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 12:44:31 PM »
How do you suggest they fix it then? By the way, Chile privatized their social security decades ago and they've been successful ever since.

It's pretty clear that you're another Keynsian fucktard.

How would I fix it? Everyone who has payed in for X number of years cab  get a 1 time $50,000 pay out, anyone under that sorry and any new people to the work force don't have the FICA tax withdrawn. In X amount of years SS is gone.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 12:50:32 PM »
i agree with a lot of the ryan plan - but that 4.1 trillion shoulnd't go to tax cuts for millionaires - it should go to paying off the damn debt.

he's proposing something good about slashing spending and entitlements - but squandering most of it by handing it off to the super-wealthy.

I know the standard getbig line is "everyone needs cuts", but seriously, can the millionaires hold off for a decade so we can reduce the debt completely, please?

methinks this is a case of "if obama proposed cutting tax rates on millionaires, you'd shit your pants in protest"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 12:53:32 PM »
i agree with a lot of the ryan plan - but that 4.1 trillion shoulnd't go to tax cuts for millionaires - it should go to paying off the damn debt.

he's proposing something good about slashing spending and entitlements - but squandering most of it by handing it off to the super-wealthy.

I know the standard getbig line is "everyone needs cuts", but seriously, can the millionaires hold off for a decade so we can reduce the debt completely, please?

methinks this is a case of "if obama proposed cutting tax rates on millionaires, you'd shit your pants in protest"

We are only growing at less than 2%.  Unless we get to 3.5 - 4% the exocony will not grow sufficient to pay down anything and increasing taxes without  inproving the business climate is only going to make things worse. 

Why else do you think obama's failed economy is still so bad?  .