Author Topic: Soccer  (Read 13623 times)

w8m8

Soccer
« on: April 07, 2011, 05:39:26 AM »
There's only one team that matters  ;D

Manchester United

Manchester United have been the dominant force since the Premier League's inception in 1992.
The Red Devils have won 11 titles and two Champions Leagues under their long-serving manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

The likes of Arsenal and Chelsea have challenged United in several seasons since the Premier League began, winning three titles apiece, but Ferguson has always rebuilt his squad ensuring that the Red Devils bounce back from the odd indifferent campaign.

Ferguson has been at Old Trafford since 1986 and will be a hard act to follow when he finally retires.

Quick Facts:
•Founded: 1878
•Home Ground (Capacity): Old Trafford (76,212)
•Nickname: The Red Devils
•Home Colors: Red and White
•Top Goalscorer All-Time: Bobby Charlton
•First Division/Premier League Titles: (19) 1907–08, 1910–11, 1951–52, 1955–56, 1956–57, 1964–65, 1966–67, 1992-93, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
•FA Cup Titles: ((11) 1909, 1948, 1963, 1977, 1983, 1985, 1990, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2004
•League Cup Titles: (4): 1991–92, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10
•European Cup/Champions League Titles: (3) 1967–68, 1998–99, 2007–08
•European Cup Winners' Cup: (1) 1990–91
•UEFA Super Cup: (1) 1991
•Intercontinental Cup: (1) 1999
•FIFA Club World Cup: (1) 2008
The Team:
•Current Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson
•Top Goalscorer 2009-2010: Wayne Rooney (34 in all competitions)
•Captain: Nemanja Vidic
•2009-2010 League Finish: 2nd

Manchester United Squad:
1 Van der Sar · 3 Evra · 4 Hargreaves · 5 Ferdinand · 6 Brown · 7 Owen · 8 Anderson · 9 Berbatov · 10 Rooney · 11 Giggs · 12 Smalling · 13 Park · 14 Hernández · 15 Vidić (c) · 16 Carrick · 17 Nani · 18 Scholes · 20 Fábio · 21 Rafael · 22 O'Shea · 23 J. Evans · 24 Fletcher · 25 Valencia · 26 Obertan · 28 Gibson · 29 Kuszczak · 33 Bébé · 34 Lindegaard · 37 Brady · 45 Gill · 49 Morrison ·

A Little History:
The club was formed as Newton Heath L&YR F.C in 1878, but changed its name to Manchester United in 1902.

The Red Devils won their first title in 1908, but it was not until the 1950s, and after the great Sir Matt Busby had taken over as manager, that the club enjoyed its first period of sustained success.

He steered the club to three championships over the decade, and United also became the first English club to compete in the European Cup, where they lost in the semi-finals to Real Madrid in 1957.

The club endured its darkest day in 1958 when the plane carrying the team home from a European match crashed, killing eight players in a tragedy known as the Munich air disaster.

Busby, who survived the crash along with arguably the club's greatest ever player Sir Bobby Charlton, rebuilt the team. A side featuring the dazzling George Best and Denis Law won two league titles in the 60s, before claiming their maiden European Cup, defeating Benfica in the 1968 final.

After Busby resigned in 1969, no manager came close to emulating his success until Ferguson arrived in 86. After reportedly coming within one defeat of losing his job in 1990, Ferguson built a dynasty at Old Trafford and the club have now won more league titles than Liverpool.

A crop of home grown players who came through in the 90s including Ryan Giggs, David Beckham, Paul Scholes and the Neville brothers, Gary and Phil, were integral to many of the club's triumphs.

w8m8

Re: Soccer
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 05:48:20 AM »

;D

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 03:43:11 PM »
~

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 04:21:06 PM »

;D

Some hot and sexy footballers right there!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »
i think lebron just bought a portion of manchester

w8m8

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 05:41:14 AM »

They're in fourth I think .. one spot above Liverspotpool ..  Man U is always gonna be better ... and the yids got nothing on the Red's fans  ;D

Some hot and sexy footballers right there!!

oh no you dit int go there !!

LOL  (madly

i think lebron just bought a portion of manchester

he now holds a minority interest in Liverpuddlepool  ( lol @ "minority interest " .. sorry ) ..

The deal between Mr. James and Fenway Sports Group will give Mr. James a minority stake in the soccer club Liverpool, which FSG owns. FSG, which also owns the Boston Red Sox, is partnering with Mr. James's sports-marketing firm, LRMR Branding & Marketing to become the exclusive world-wide representative for Mr. James.
It also adds yet another dimension for Boston-based FSG, which became a global operation last October when it bought Liverpool for $488 million. The company was founded as New England Sports Ventures nine years ago after Messrs. Henry and Werner bought the Red Sox and 80% of regional sports channel New England Sports Network. In 2007 Fenway became 50% owner of the Nascar auto-racing team Roush Fenway Racing.

w8m8

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 09:12:25 AM »
 ;D

w8m8

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 09:33:34 AM »

Sir Alex Ferguson
Birthplace: Govan, Glasgow
Previous Clubs: East Stirling, St Mirren, Aberdeen
Honors: English Premier League: 2009, 2008, 2007, 2003, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1993; FA Cup: 2004, 1999, 1996, 1994, 1990; League Cup : 2010, 2009, 2006, 1992; FA Charity Shield: 1997, 1996, 1994, 1993, 1990, 2003; Scottish Premier League: 1985, 1984, 1980; Scottish First Division: 1977; Scottish FA Cup: 1986, 1984, 1983, 1982; Scottish League Cup: 1986; UEFA Champions League: 2008, 1999; UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1991, 1983; European Super Cup: 1991, 1983; Inter-Continental Club Cup: 1999
Profile Like so many of football's top managers, Alexander Chapman Ferguson emerged from humble beginnings. Born in Govan, the shipbuilding district of Glasgow, his working-class roots played a role in his ascent to become the most successive manager in Premier League history and, after an incredible two decades in charge of Manchester United, he has won the respect of everyone in the game.

Sir Alex Ferguson took the plunge into management with East Stirling in July 1974 then moved to First Division side St Mirren in October of the same year. He promptly guided the Paisley club to the championship in 1976-77 and, despite doing so on limited resources, Ferguson was sacked three years into his tenure after a disagreement with the club's chairman.

Fergie eventually signed for the Aberdeen in August 1978 and transformed an average side into the form team of the 1980s, breaking The Old Firm (Rangers and Celtic) stranglehold on Scottish football, and led the Granite City club to three league titles, four Scottish Cups and a League Cup in eight seasons. His greatest achievement , though, came in 1983 when he led Aberdeen to a 2-1 victory over the mighty Real Madrid in the European Cup Winners' Cup.

He rejected lucrative offers from Barcelona, Arsenal, Rangers and Tottenham to take control of Manchester United on in November 1986 and initially appeared to have left his success in Scotland. However, Ferguson was rebuilding the club in minute detail and revamped the youth system and stamped out the drinking culture at Old Trafford by shipping out many of the crowd's favourites.

Yet Fergie's job was on the line as United went into a Third Round FA Cup tie against Nottingham Forest having lost six and drawn two in eight games - and he was only saved by a narrow 1-0 win. That victory marked a turning point in fortunes for Ferguson and the club won the FA Cup in 1990, then the European Cup Winners' Cup a year later.

In the new 'Premier League' Ferguson found more success. The arrival of enigmatic Frenchman Eric Cantona proved to be the final piece of the jigsaw and United finally won the league title, ending a 26-year drought. Then the 1993-94 season saw United stamp their authority on English football as Ferguson claimed his first Double - beating Blackburn Rovers to the League Championship and crushing Chelsea 4-0 in the FA Cup final.

Another Double came two years later and with 'Fergie's Fledglings' - David Beckham, the Neville Brothers, Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt and Ryan Giggs - in full flight, they went one better in 1998-99 by claiming an historic Treble with a 2-1 win over Bayern Munich in the Champions League. The manager was subsequently knighted - becoming Sir Alex Ferguson - in the Queen's birthday honours list as a reward for his services to British football.

The 2000-01 season saw United cruise to another title, this time wrapping it up in mid-April, as Ferguson became the first manager to win three English League titles in a row to become the most successful manager in the history of English football. But Arsenal, and then Chelsea continued to challenge United's dominance.

Picking up just one title (2003) in four years, Ferguson rebuilt his side with the purchases of Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney and by 2007 he was back at football's top table again.

Having built his third team at Old Trafford, United won three back-to-back titles from 2007-2009 and also claimed another Champions League title - beating Chelsea on penalties in Moscow in 2008. With his last title, he picked up United's 18th, equalling Liverpool's record haul, and ensuring that his place in football's record books is written in stone.

Strengths: A hard taskmaster, Ferguson gets 100% out of his players and commands ultimate respect. His experience is second to none and he knows every trick in the book in terms of psychological games.

Weaknesses: Quick to blame others for his sides' defeats and criticise match officials, perhaps his arrogance is his biggest downfall.

Career high: Winning the treble in 1999, with a stunning fightback in Barcelona's Champions League final against Bayern Munich.

Career low: November and December of 1989, when Manchester United lost six and drew two in eight games. One more defeat and it was widely predicted that he would be sacked. Ferguson called this his 'darkest period'.

Tactics: With such a long time at the helm behind him, Ferguson has seen it all. He loves his players to be passionate and work hard around the pitch, while a quick counter-attacking game is usually at the heart of any gameplan that he has worked out.

Quotes: ''You'll win nothing with kids.'' Alan Hansen, on the United side that became one of the most successful teams in history.

Trivia: Ferguson's house in Wilmslow is named Fairfields after the shipyard at which his parents worked

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 06:12:20 PM »
Good stuff girl,

Nani was excellent today, a bit lucky for both his assists but still, undoubtedly the best player in the premier league this season

Disgrace that the FA only nominated him for the "young" player of the year award... stupid as fuck, he's been better than Nasri, Bale, Adam(!!!!) etc

Nani not getting nominated is a disgrace...He has put up excellent numbers, and is on the best teamin the league..I think the PFA wanted to give the award to somebody not from United. United players have won it the last 5 years..Nani is starting to get adjusted to his role..It was impossible for Nani to fill the shoes left by C Ronaldo..

Forca portugal

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 02:42:42 PM »
They're in fourth I think .. one spot above Liverspotpool ..  Man U is always gonna be better ... and the yids got nothing on the Red's fa

Actually, fifth (Man U, Arsenal, Man C, Chels, Spurs)...I realize that the Spurs are not top of the table material these days, but I was glad to see them finally win again yesterday instead of drawing against teams at the bottom of the table (throwing away 2 points at a time when the team cannot afford to do so). 
~

w8m8

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 04:25:41 AM »
Good stuff girl,

Nani was excellent today, a bit lucky for both his assists but still, undoubtedly the best player in the premier league this season

Thanks for that I'm chuffed there's some supporters here !!  :D

Nani is superb .. but of course every one on the team is !! Valencia's return since the injury has been grand to watch .

We are on our way to being unbeaten on our own ground for the first time in 11 years !!

Glory Glory !!

It was impossible for Nani to fill the shoes left by C Ronaldo..

Ronaldo left a hole and for sure I was gutted when that happened .. but I do believe the team is great and can overcome any loss of an individual player .. when Rooney was out they still rallied aswell .. and each injury has been covered very well also .. still I do wish Ronaldo was kept on but .. c'est la vie

Actually, fifth (Man U, Arsenal, Man C, Chels, Spurs)...I realize that the Spurs are not top of the table material these days, but I was glad to see them finally win again yesterday instead of drawing against teams at the bottom of the table (throwing away 2 points at a time when the team cannot afford to do so).  

Congrats on the win .... I hope the momentum stays going for them  :)

w8m8

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 10:36:32 AM »
Today: Man.Utd - Chelsea, Wed: Tottenham-Real Madrid,
Sat: Man.Utd - Man.City and Real madrid- Barcelona,
Sun: Arsenal-Liverpool

some nice upcoming fixtures

almost game time ...  8)

w8m8

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 01:21:17 PM »
WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone catch that second goal .. within minutes of Chelsea's goal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

77'
Straight from kick-off Rooney advances down the right, plays it to Giggs, who finds Park free in the area. The Korean control with his chest and a left-foot shot sends Old Trafford wild.

77'
 GOAL Park puts United into the semi-finals.

76'
The ten men have pulled one back, Vidic tried to play him offside but Drogba was away and smashed one past Van der Sar.

76'
 GOAL Drogba!

w8m8

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 04:09:03 PM »
Glory Glory Man Utd! Get the fuck in!!!

:D

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/matches/season=2011/round=2000120/match=2007737/postmatch/quotes/

Sir Alex Ferguson, Manchester United manager
The whole team have played with great credit. It was a very tough game, Chelsea played well for a lot of the game and we played well for most of it too. We had two teams picked tonight, hopefully I picked the right one. The other option was to play Park [Ji-Sung] in Wayne's position and put Wayne up front and leave [Javier Hernández] out. But that's where you get luck, because he scored the first goal.

We've said it so many times; Ryan Giggs is incredible, a unique person and player. He made a big contribution to the goal in the first game, and tonight. He had a part in the second goal too. So it's a great contribution and his experience and composure were vital. He's lucky he's got the physique, he doesn't carry any weight and never has. He's always had great balance and he's never lost that; he looks after himself – he has to. To play until 37 years of age, it must be a tremendous sacrifice.

I think for quite a while [Rooney's] been playing well. He's enjoying the position he's playing because it's giving him a lot of freedom to use his energy, and in that position you do need that. I'll watch the semi-final tomorrow night. Schalke should get through really, but it's still interesting to watch and you never know; football is strange. But I would think  Schalke should get through.

w8m8

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 05:59:58 AM »
So impressed with Park, Carrick and Giggs last night. Joy to watch

True story !!

It was a great game !!

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 03:53:11 PM »
Mario Balotelli...

Hot girlfriend...will play for FA Cup...induced Rio Ferdinand to a Squadfatheresque meltdown.
~

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 04:50:49 AM »
There's only one team that matters  ;D

yup

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 07:04:31 AM »
these soccer players get hot bitches huh..

w8m8

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 09:22:24 AM »
newcastle game was shite

first half wasn't bad

did NOT like the Hernandez call AT ALL  >:(

w8m8

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 09:59:22 AM »
We can't afford to get less than 2 points against L'Arse and Chelski, and we have Schalke as well, its going to be a crazy schedule

I get nervous when we're getting towards the end .. but I'm remaining positive we will do this !!

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 12:58:13 AM »
really NEED a win today, can't afford to drop any points today
lol nooooooo you can not

w8m8

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 05:19:56 AM »
 :)

w8m8

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 05:10:03 PM »
Just came back from our first game of the season, ended 3-3 after major fuck ups by the subs, we were 3-1 in front with 20 minutes to go and in full control of the game. Myself and 3 others got subbed at the same time and it totally disrupted the rhythm of our play, our coach admitted he screwed up and said he wont sub anyone in out of pity in the future..

Fucking annoying

Oh and I heard the Shitty fans were singing munich songs today, the classless smalltime girls

you didn't lose .. and the coach saw his mistake

it will get better .. well done for getting the lead !!  :)

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 02:05:36 PM »
I dunno but it looked like they had no right even being on the same pitch

w8m8

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 03:21:56 AM »
tnx

HOLY SHIT DID UNITED PLAY A SEMIFINAL IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE RIGHT NOW? IT LOOKED LIKE A TRAINING SESSION AGAINST OUR TEAM FFS

Haha Schalke are horrible, what the fuck are they doing in the semis  :D ;D

LOL .. one more down !

I dunno but it looked like they had no right even being on the same pitch

true story  :D