Author Topic: MICHIGAN Blog - Questions and i will give answers  (Read 15100 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
MICHIGAN Blog - Questions and i will give answers
« on: April 07, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »
I got permission to start a MICHIGAN blog and for you have that have questions, please ask!  :)

Brady Hoke's record at Bowling State over six years was 34-38, with one conf. title in his last season. He's done well at SDSU so far, there's no doubt. If you look at the main coaching influences on him, you'd probably have to look at Michigan and his time under Carr.

Bo was 40-17-3 in six years at Miami, winning two conference titles, placing second three times, and finishing third in the conference the other year.

However, it's not just Bo's coaching record that might have recommended him to Don Canham, but who Bo played for and coached under was important. His first coach at Miami was the legendary offensive mind Sid Gillman. When Gillman left, he was replaced by Woody Hayes for Bo's senior year. When Bo was working as an assistant, he not only spent several years with Hayes but also worked for Ara Parseghian for two years at Northwestern. That's a pretty impressive list of high-achieving men who were at the top of college football in various ways that Bo worked for and learned from.

As far as Hoke being more qualified than Moeller or Carr when they took over, i am not dismissing the value of those guys having spent so long in the program that when they took over, the transitions were relatively seamless. I will grant that Moeller's first stint at Illinois was a failure, but he was hardly an overall disappointment at Michigan during a time when the conference was dramatically more competitive than it was when Bo arrived. I've never understood the vitriol directed at Carr, considering his on-field achievements. Fritz Crisler is still regarded reverently by virtually all Michigan fans, and he won a grand total of two Big Ten titles, along with his NC in 1947. Carr won or shared the conference title six times, including four in a row, won a share of a NC, coached a Heisman winner, and his name still gets dragged through the mud by people all throughout college football and elsewhere.
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
Re: MICHIGAN Blog - Questions and i will give answers
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 09:45:03 AM »

Here is your new strength and Conditioning coach who was with Hoke at San Diego State.  ;)

I believe that this will be a huge upgrade from Mike Barwis.  8)
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 09:55:43 AM »
Al Borges is our new Offensive Coordinator and i love his quote.

"Michigan is a special place. The walls talk to you here. You walk down the hall and you can feel it... I coached at Auburn where football was a big deal, and I loved Auburn. This is a little different."

Borges gets it. Mattison and Hoke definitely get it. As mad as I was during the Freep fiasco, and regardless of whether you agree with the merits of such a standard against newcomers, all three appear to konw what Bo meant when he said "A Michigan Man will coach Michigan."

(Note: I know that Rodriguez WANTED to be a Michigan Man, and this is not intended to debate that issue either way. I'm merely expressing my thanks that under Hoke, it's completely a non-issue.)
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 10:02:40 AM »
Here our some Vids that is getting me really amped up!!  8) 8)

8) 8)

D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 10:16:13 AM »

Junior Hemmingway out of Conway, S.C. is a special talent and if he stays healthy....big things could come.  8)

I have been impressed with Josh Furman - #6 Defense and is a Linebacker

Marvin Robinson - #3 can be a special player and is a bit raw, but can hit hard.  8)

Quinton Washington - #76 who is going back to the O-line.  8)

William Campbell - #73 who has been a utter disappointment, but Coach Mattison who has the Ravens Defensive Coordinator "Says" that he has haloti ngata talent. I guess we will see.

The special teams players are actually catching the balls on Punt Returns.  :D

I have not seen much on the Field Goal kickers but we have two on scholarship and one walk on. We went 10-22 last year and that is just sad.  >:(
D

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 03:48:20 PM »
I have not seen much on the Field Goal kickers but we have two on scholarship and one walk on. We went 10-22 last year and that is just sad.  >:(

sad as this?

~

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 06:24:59 PM »
sad as this?

Nope. That loss was just like any other loss. I did not wanna play them, but Cincinnati backed out of playing us and then Appalachian State came ready to play and played lights out. I did not think Amanti Edwards (App State) was a good athlete, but he is one of the best players that i have ever seen. It was sad to see him only be a WR for the Panthers. The only loss that ever really hurt was the loss to Colorado when they had Kordell and he threw that bomb that Ty Law failed to bat down.  >:(
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 06:31:09 PM »

Me and my buddy have did a little map of the recruits that i would accept to be able to Don the Winged Helmet.  ;)

Both Offense and Defense.  :)

Who knows.....you might live by some of these guys.  8)

GO BLUE!!
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 12:08:54 AM »

I love it!  8) It shows the class of College sports fans and the hatrid of MICHIGAN.  8)

GO BLUE!!

"THOSE WHO STAY WILL WILL BE CHAMPIONS"
D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 07:38:29 PM »

I love it!  8) It shows the class of College sports fans and the hatrid of MICHIGAN.  8)

GO BLUE!!

"THOSE WHO STAY WILL WILL BE CHAMPIONS"
If they hate you it means you are good, no one gets irrate at losers.  8)

Junior Hemingway should be top class this year.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 07:56:53 PM »
If they hate you it means you are good, no one gets irrate at losers.  8)

Junior Hemingway should be top class this year.

I hope that he can stay healthy and that is a huge stretch.  :-\ He was a 5* on scout coming out of Conway, S.C. and has always been banged up.  >:( Junior can make plays when needed.

Keep them coming.  :)

Junior and Darryl Stonum are quoted as saying, "I love this offense because we actually run routes."
D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 08:06:17 PM »
I hope that he can stay healthy and that is a huge stretch.  :-\ He was a 5* on scout coming out of Conway, S.C. and has always been banged up.  >:( Junior can make plays when needed.

Keep them coming.  :)

Junior and Darryl Stonum are quoted as saying, "I love this offense because we actually run routes."
Stonum is the best they got right now I think. What kind of changes do you think Brady will bring seems he has a defensive background.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 08:56:01 PM »
Roundtree is too small needs to hit the weights. From physical stats Stonum and Hemingway should be the best tall and fast.

Who that got on defensive backs this year? They sucked last year.

Roundtree is a slot receiver and could be like Manningham if he is used properly.

They were all freshmen and had to be red-shirted to learn the schemes and bulk up, thus leaving the 2011 Michigan defense to still be pretty "ehh." So, they have to learn a new system, but we are thin at Linebacker and i mean very, very thin.  :-\ :-\
D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 05:52:00 PM »
 :D Check it at 1:30. Brutal

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 05:59:45 PM »
:D Check it at 1:30. Brutal

Earnest Shazor who had the best hit in that Vid was a complete nut and went nuts when Arizona drafted him.  :-\

Most brutal/least recognized hit in ALL football history. If you've played or understand physics, you can appreciate this incredible lick. Bob Stephenson (#80) expected the secondary to shove him out of bounds after a few easy yards. Instead, Daydrion Taylor (#28), 2 inches & 30 lbs his minor, put him on his BACK in mid-air. Taylor broke a bone in his neck and Stephenson would still be learning to walk a year later. Neither remember the actual hit. Neither would play again.

Chris "Machete" Graham was a brutal MOFO when he played, but never really cared about playing pro football.

Charles Woodson - Woodson covers 80% of the world and water covers the rest.

Shawn Crable was great coming out of high school and is floating around from team to team in the NFL. Shawn had crazy potential, but never really put it all together.
D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2011, 06:08:40 PM »
Yea that Taylor #28 hit damn best I ever seen.

Woodson probably the best D back in history.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 06:10:48 PM »
Oh brother, Michigan.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 07:18:15 AM »
how long will it take for to beat ohio state

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 07:38:38 AM »

x2 >:( :'(

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 07:58:01 AM »

In reality, this is the question that runs through my mind as i workout, drive, walk, talk, work,..etc

Denard is going to flourish in this system. Around bowl time last season, it came out that he was actually banged up by the end of September, which means he wasn’t 100% for any of the big games against real opponents. Hopefully, next season, he stays healthy.

I’m guessing, praying, hoping, that this offense will have Denard running more to the outside, when he does run. With his speed and quickness, I never understood why he was too often used to run INTO traffic during RR’s tenure. It worked for weaker teams, but when the defenses were bigger and better, it was shut down. Denard is lethal in the open field. That’s where he should be targeted to attack. Get him one-on-one with defensive players in the open field: we know who’ll win those match-ups, and besides giving DCs heart palpitations, it minimizes the risks of him getting banged up.

One last point, why do people think “pro-style” means boring. Does New England, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Indianapolis have boring offenses?

Michigan’s past pro-style offense was boring not because it was pro-style, but because it was a BORING pro-style: it wasn’t the system, it was the conservative, boring, predictable minds running the offensive. The Pros use anything and everything that works to gain yardage and score points based on available personnel, including many concepts from the spread, so I don’t understand the anxiety that MICHIGN FANS might be returning to a boring, unimaginative, predicatable offense. Hoke’s pro-style does not, and should not, have to equal Carr’s pro-style offense.

Michigan is poised to get back to it’s past level of excellence at the top of the Big Ten and regular bowl game appearances. Hopefully, we even reach higher than that before too long.

Go Blue.
D

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 09:25:42 AM »
In reality, this is the question that runs through my mind as i workout, drive, walk, talk, work,..etc

Denard is going to flourish in this system. Around bowl time last season, it came out that he was actually banged up by the end of September, which means he wasn’t 100% for any of the big games against real opponents. Hopefully, next season, he stays healthy.

Not likely.  He is just not a durable player.  I guess he could gain some muscle weight, but what will that do to his cheap weapon?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 09:36:48 AM »
Not likely.  He is just not a durable player.  I guess he could gain some muscle weight, but what will that do to his cheap weapon?

You base this off what? Did you not even read my post?  ??? Or did you not comprehend it?  :-\
D

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 09:53:50 AM »
I read the first two lines.  In my opinion, Michigan should go in another direction - Denard was Josh Groban's player and Groban's gone.  Or they can wait around and hope that Denard magically gets to the open field -- maybe he shouldn't be a qb then.