Author Topic: Study: U.S. has 4M gay adults; 1.7 pct. of populace  (Read 1805 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Re: Study: U.S. has 4M gay adults; 1.7 pct. of populace
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 01:30:07 PM »
C

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 01:34:30 PM »
really, i'm baffled by the attention people give to homosexuality.  i don't understand people who bash it - they are probably self-hating people who wish they could smoke some sausage.  To me, it should be just like preference in meat athe the grocery store.  Some like hot dogs, some like clams.  It's that simple.  Why spend years analyzing "but WHY do some people like hot dogs"?

They just do.  Worry about your own dinner plate.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 01:40:11 PM »
Cue tony and his bathroom fantasy  ::)

LOL. Tony and I have that in code now.
His response - 14
mine - 69.

There - you have both his and my arguments !
We had to shorten it because it was getting too repetitive.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 01:42:06 PM »
LOL. Tony and I have that in code now.
His response - 14
mine - 69.

There - you have both his and my arguments !
We had to shorten it because it was getting too repetitive.

Actually yours is 99.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 01:42:18 PM »
I have no idea. ........But that's just a guess. 
bingo!
no more calls, we have a winner.
now you know why threads like this are not taken seriously.
too much guessing.
Now, if you want to talk steroids.....that's another matter.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 02:54:15 PM »
bingo!
no more calls, we have a winner.
now you know why threads like this are not taken seriously.
too much guessing.
Now, if you want to talk steroids.....that's another matter.

No, it just means 99 percent of your posts consist of silly comments.  Just make it easier and post 99 from now on.  I'll understand. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 03:09:44 PM »
What the hell does this have to do with politics Bum? Or are you expressing your interest?

BTW...4 million queens...haha...there are probably that many in San Fransisco alone!!!!!

Bum is always posting stuff about teh gays

it's his favorite topic right behind executions

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 03:15:06 PM »
Are you serious?  Let's take my state.  For example:

1.  Sexual orientation is a protected class in our employment law.    

2.  Sexual orientation is part of our housing discrimination law.

3.  Sexual orientation and "gender identity" are part of our hate crimes law.  

4.  Our reciprocal beneficiaries laws was targeted to help homosexuals.

5.  In about a month, "gender identity" will part of our employment law as part of the definition of "sex."    

6.  We had a vote on same-sex marriage and, for the time being, the public voted to preserve traditional marriage (by about a 70 percent margin).  

7.  A bill to repeal the public's vote on same-sex marriage is introduced into the legislate every year (never moves).

8.  Civil unions were a huge issue and passed this year.  Numerous hearings, rallies that included thousands of people at the state capital, numerous editorials, etc., etc.    

9.  There is a movement to try and force pastors and religious institutions to perform civil unions, despite religious objections.  

10.  Our head football coach (the highest paid state employee) was almost fired for telling a bad joke (calling a Notre Dame dance a "f@ggot dance").  He had to forfeit ten percent of his pay and do public service service announcements, including announcements on the big screen at Aloha Stadium.  His pay forfeiture was used to hire homosexual personnel, at a time when classes are being cut due to funding.  

I could give you many other examples, and many examples in other states.  Even the federal government is greatly affected, with challenges to DOMA and the repeal of DADT.    

#9 doesn't qualify as public policy and I doubt the rest even comprise 1.7% or even .17% of our "public policy"

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 03:30:22 PM »
14...four fucking teen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2011, 06:35:05 AM »
No, it just means 99 percent of your posts consist of silly comments.  Just make it easier and post 99 from now on.  I'll understand. 
only 99 % - you under estimate me, sir !  ;)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011, 11:40:58 AM »

Other than banging you in truck stop along the Hutch or I-95 - what do I have to do to get you to vote for Trump in 2012?     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 11:42:12 AM »

I think my estimate is pretty good.  You slip up and post something substantive every now and again.   :)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 11:48:54 AM »
Other than banging you in truck stop along the Hutch or I-95 - what do I have to do to get you to vote for Trump in 2012?     
buy me a drink first.
and say 'thank you' after you have your way with me.
w

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 11:49:30 AM »
I think my estimate is pretty good.  You slip up and post something substantive every now and again.   :)
i will be on the alert to make sure that doesn't happen.  please monitor it for me. ;)
w

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 11:57:16 AM »
really, i'm baffled by the attention people give to homosexuality.  i don't understand people who bash it - they are probably self-hating people who wish they could smoke some sausage.  To me, it should be just like preference in meat athe the grocery store.  Some like hot dogs, some like clams.  It's that simple.  Why spend years analyzing "but WHY do some people like hot dogs"?

They just do.  Worry about your own dinner plate.

Why are you baffled? I don't give a shit if someone wants to be gay, their choice. What I have a problem with is the propaganda campaign unleashed by the Rosie O'Donnels of the world. She wants to muff dive, good for her, but don't tell I have to accept it as normal behavior.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »
Why are you baffled? I don't give a shit if someone wants to be gay, their choice. What I have a problem with is the propaganda campaign unleashed by the Rosie O'Donnels of the world. She wants to muff dive, good for her, but don't tell I have to accept it as normal behavior.

I don't think the gay community really cares if you think it's normal or not.  They just want the government to recognize their lifelong commitments to each other and move on.

Just like you most want to be left alone, without fear of reprisals and equal under the law for their partnerships.
Abandon every hope...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2011, 02:16:10 PM »
I don't think the gay community really cares if you think it's normal or not.  They just want the government to recognize their lifelong commitments to each other and move on.

Just like you most want to be left alone, without fear of reprisals and equal under the law for their partnerships.

They want to be left alone, but they want the government to recognize their relationships?  Which is it? 

The truth is, the movement has nothing to do with being left alone.  It's about forcing the government at various levels to legitimize a lifestyle choice, through civil unions, marriage, the workplace, school curriculum, etc., etc. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »
They want to be left alone, but they want the government to recognize their relationships?  Which is it? 

The truth is, the movement has nothing to do with being left alone.  It's about forcing the government at various levels to legitimize a lifestyle choice, through civil unions, marriage, the workplace, school curriculum, etc., etc. 

Its simple really.  They do not want people like you telling them they can not be with the ones they love legally.  Give them recognition from the government and leave them alone.  That's all.  The same way the government recognizes your union and leaves you be.

The use of force is really out of place here.  Force would indicate some kind of violence.  Yet the only violence i see is by those against gays.  So the 'force' is coming not from the gay community but from elsewhere. 

The word force has nothing to do with it.  The word equality is the magic one here.  Equal recognition of their lifestyle at all levels of government.  The same discrimination protection in the private sector and that's it. 

Abandon every hope...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2011, 02:36:31 PM »
Its simple really.  They do not want people like you telling them they can not be with the ones they love legally.  Give them recognition from the government and leave them alone.  That's all.  The same way the government recognizes your union and leaves you be.

The use of force is really out of place here.  Force would indicate some kind of violence.  Yet the only violence i see is by those against gays.  So the 'force' is coming not from the gay community but from elsewhere. 

The word force has nothing to do with it.  The word equality is the magic one here.  Equal recognition of their lifestyle at all levels of government.  The same discrimination protection in the private sector and that's it. 

Force doesn't always equal violence.  You're forced to wear a seatbelt.  You're forced to do the speed limit.  Forced to be in school till you're 18.  Forced to pay taxes.    

This year a civil unions bill was enacted in Hawaii.  A great majority of the public was opposed.  The testimony in opposition to the bill was immense.  The rallies in support of traditional marriage dwarfed the rallies in favor of civil unions.  But the legislature said to heck with the public and crammed it down the public's throat.

Was it necessary?  No.  We already had a reciprocal beneficiaries law that provided most of the same benefits.  They could have just amended that law.  

What's next?  The push for homosexual marriage in Hawaii.  This isn't about equality.  It's about using the government to legitimize a lifestyle.