Author Topic: Whos kid and wife is this?  (Read 3663 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Whos kid and wife is this?
« on: April 13, 2011, 03:42:14 PM »
Belong to any of you fello getbiggers?  :-\

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110413/ts_yblog_thelookout/hot-pink-toenailed-boy-in-j-crew-ad-sparks-controversy

Hot pink-toenailed boy in J. Crew ad sparks controversy

When J. Crew sent out its latest catalog, we doubt that the classic clothing company expected it would be blasted by social conservatives as "transgendered child propaganda." But alas, it has.

The images in question fall under pages titled "Saturday with Jenna" -- featuring products personally favored by J. Crew president and creative director Jenna Lyons and her family. This particular Saturday for Jenna includes painting her five-year-old son Beckett's toenails pink. The caption reads, "Lucky for me I ended up with a boy whose favorite color is pink. Toenail painting is way more fun in neon."

Cue the outrage from America's culture warriors.

"Yeah, well, it may be fun and games now, Jenna, but at least put some money aside for psychotherapy for the kid—and maybe a little for others who'll be affected by your 'innocent' pleasure," Dr. Keith Ablow wrote in a Fox News op-ed. "If you have no problem with the J. Crew ad, how about one in which a little boy models a sundress? What could possibly be the problem with that?"

Erin Brown of the Media Research Center took the criticism a step further -- after being sure to remind readers that J. Crew is a fashion favorite of First Lady Michelle Obama -- accusing the company of exploiting young Beckett to advance the cause of "liberal, transgendered identity politics."

The ABC News report on the kerfuffle, below, includes a reaction from Sarah Manley, who set off a similar firestorm last Halloween after posting photos of her young son dressed up as his unconventional idol: Daphne from "Scooby Doo." Manley said today of the J.Crew ad, "If the roles had been reversed and the photo...had been of a little girl playing in the mud with trucks, nobody would have batted an eye."

The Lookout contacted J. Crew to get a response from Lyons, but company spokeswoman Margot Fooshee told us that neither Lyons nor J. Crew would be commenting on the matter. However, others aren't being shy about offering up voracious defenses of the company's creative decision, pushing back on Ablow and Brown as holders of the unpopular opinion.

In another of the many critiques of Dr. Keith's critique, Jeanne Sager, on the parenting blog The Stir, asks: "So go back and look at that picture in the J.Crew ad, will you? What do you see? Do you see pink nail polish on a boy? Or do you see a little boy named Beckett, with beautiful blond curls, and a mom who looks like she is impossibly in love with her kid, in the very best way? Because that's what I see."

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Whos kid and wife is this?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
Pfft. Last year's book that more Americans tried to ban more than any other was And Tango Makes Three by Peter Parnell and Justin Richardson. It's a book about a chick being adopted by two male penguins!? Oh brother.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/apr/12/brave-new-world-challenged-books

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 03:51:08 PM »
a chick being adopted by two male penguins!?

That's just disgusting.  How can people come up with things like that?

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 03:51:40 PM »
Guess this doesn't mean much in this world anymore... No wonder this world has gone to shit... Where are the REAL true Male Father figure role models for young boys  :-\

RIP Andy & Opie Taylor

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 03:54:39 PM »
Pfft. Last year's book that more Americans tried to ban more than any other was And Tango Makes Three by Peter Parnell and Justin Richardson. It's a book about a chick being adopted by two male penguins!? Oh brother.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/apr/12/brave-new-world-challenged-books

What do you think about those Penguins Kobe?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 03:55:23 PM »
Guess this doesn't mean much in this world anymore... No wonder this world has gone to shit... Where are the REAL true Male Father figure role models for young boys  :-\

RIP Andy & Opie Taylor

Basically, today's woman is trying to destroy men---and doing at a very early age, to their own sons...

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 03:58:47 PM »
Basically, today's woman is trying to destroy men---and doing at a very early age, to their own sons...

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 04:01:35 PM »
fathers abandoning their kids and wives instead of sticking to them and teaching their wives how to become women instead of looking for more feminine/younger ones arent innocent either... Most of them are just reproducing what their father did with them and spawning millions of kids with a low self esteem unable to fit in society. They re falling in the modern trap of hyper competition,i want it all and i want i now generation.

Stable families will always keep producing social, secure individuals, these single, recomposed families will spawn more and more psychologically, sexually troubled kids who will either wish to kil themselves, give birth to kids they ll abandon the same way they ve been abandonned over and over.

Also do not look for women who ve been abandonned by their fathers if you want to build a family. They re mostly headcases too. All these people just gravitate around each others in circle.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 04:05:54 PM »

This actually started with black women not the right man to have kids with and not demanding that said men be fathers, thus creating single parent homes. This was started more or less by baby boomers. Then their kids repeat the cycle. Because black people are "canaries in the mine" for America, what happens to black folk, will soon happen to America---a harbinger of things to come.
Now, this "My Pet Monster" has been unleashed...you are now seeing it spread...it could be boys and young men acting "emotional", rolling their eyes, not looking directly in people's faces, avoiding eye contact, sitting down to pee, or the extreme---being gay, and momma is okay with it, after all he spends most of time with momma, or other women. No real male role models...

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 04:36:02 PM »
bitch should get him a dress for his next birthday, I think we can all see where this is going , lol

dad's probably committing suicide as we speak

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 06:29:43 PM »
fathers abandoning their kids and wives instead of sticking to them and teaching their wives how to become women instead of looking for more feminine/younger ones arent innocent either... Most of them are just reproducing what their father did with them and spawning millions of kids with a low self esteem unable to fit in society. They re falling in the modern trap of hyper competition,i want it all and i want i now generation.

Stable families will always keep producing social, secure individuals, these single, recomposed families will spawn more and more psychologically, sexually troubled kids who will either wish to kil themselves, give birth to kids they ll abandon the same way they ve been abandonned over and over.

Also do not look for women who ve been abandonned by their fathers if you want to build a family. They re mostly headcases too. All these people just gravitate around each others in circle.
good post
A

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 06:31:45 PM »
This post is 3 days too late... Already a thread about it elsewhere.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 07:07:10 PM »
This actually started with black women not the right man to have kids with and not demanding that said men be fathers, thus creating single parent homes. This was started more or less by baby boomers. Then their kids repeat the cycle. Because black people are "canaries in the mine" for America, what happens to black folk, will soon happen to America---a harbinger of things to come.
Now, this "My Pet Monster" has been unleashed...you are now seeing it spread...it could be boys and young men acting "emotional", rolling their eyes, not looking directly in people's faces, avoiding eye contact, sitting down to pee, or the extreme---being gay, and momma is okay with it, after all he spends most of time with momma, or other women. No real male role models...

I like how you ripped off the "canaries in the mine" from this weekend's "Black Agenda" program on TV.  Fact of the matter is, read the Moynihan(sp) Report.  It tells you everything you need to know about why black families are where they are today.