Author Topic: BSN Syntha-6 Protein Powders and filler soy proteins  (Read 4596 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
BSN Syntha-6 Protein Powders and filler soy proteins
« on: April 13, 2011, 03:46:22 PM »
Got this from BSN regarding Syntha-6 and some claims that peopel are making regarding it...

Recently there has been some misinformation and confusion on the Internet regarding the makeup of the protein formula in BSN®’s SYNTHA-6™ protein powder. Specifically, there has been false information regarding the use of filler soy proteins in the SYNTHA-6™ formula. This information is completely untrue and incorrect.

A possible source of this confusion is the inclusion of the word “Soy” under the ingredients on the SYNTHA-6™ label. This is simply an allergen declaration that the formula contains a food additive derived from soy called lecithin – a declaration that is required by the Federal Allergen Labeling Consumer Protection Act and which has always been disclosed on BSN®’s SYNTHA-6™ label.

Lecithin is a common food additive used as an emulsifier; that is, it helps the protein powder to mix and remain stable in water. Most protein powders that mix well in water contain this additive. It is not a substitute for whey or egg protein.

None of the protein sources used in any of BSN®’s protein products are derived from anything other than animal sources.

BSN is in the process of revising its SYNTHA-6™ label to make these facts more clear and dispel any customer confusion.

BSN is and has always been utterly committed to product quality, safety and efficacy. BSN® stands behind its protein formulas as products of the highest quality that consumers can continue to trust just as they always have.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: BSN Syntha-6 Protein Powders and filler soy proteins
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 10:11:16 PM »
I still prefer a snickers bar over a "supplement" bar any day.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »
A possible source of this confusion is the inclusion of the word “Soy” under the ingredients on the SYNTHA-6™ label. This is simply an allergen declaration that the formula contains a food additive derived from soy called lecithin...

BSN is in the process of revising its SYNTHA-6™ label to make these facts more clear and dispel any customer confusion.

Seems that the real problem is not with the label, but with people who can't read labels correctly.

I just got 2 more 5 lb. jugs in the mail today.
I suspect that many/most people here crap on the product because of Bob, but I couldn't care less about that bullsh*t (which should remain confined to the G&O board, anyway).
I made decent-to-good gains on Syntha-6 last Fall, and am going to use it once more before I start cutting.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 07:03:16 PM »
I still prefer a snickers bar over a "supplement" bar any day.

Agreed

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 03:10:02 AM »
Syntha is a good product but I like IntraPro the best, only one that hasnt given me gas...