Author Topic: Advice please: Today I found on the street two cat collars  (Read 1536 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Advice please: Today I found on the street two cat collars
« on: April 15, 2011, 10:03:27 AM »

Today I found on the street two cat collars.  They were sitting on a wall on a very residential non-traffickey road.  I was walking a slightly longer route to my supermarket via a side road, admiring gardens.  

I walked straight past.  Then I strode back to have a look.  It was two cat collars, both with bells and tags with addresses and telephone numbers on them.  Proper looked after cats.  One from that street, the other from the next street.

Two collars sitting on a wall.  Builders were working next door.  I asked the builder whether he'd noticed them and he was on his mobile phone and said he didn't care, he was too busy working.  So I've brought home the two cat collars, thinking I ought do something...

I don't know what to do, it seems somewhat morbid and weird that there'd be two of them.  I'm not sure I am able to cope with calling the loving cat owners and say, hey I've found your cat's collar.  (Both cats have names by the way).  I just don't feel like breaking horrid news to someone I don't even know.

So then I'm thinking I could perhaps put each collar in an envelope and mail it to each address (Both cat collars have names, addresses and telephone numbers on them)?

Then I'm wondering whether I ought report it to someone, this is too strange and is truly awful if you think about it.

I can't possibly tell each cat owner there were two collars.  I'd have to just say I've found yours?
Surely I ought be kind and protect them from the gruesome facts?

And then report that there's a serial cat killer in our neighbourhood to the RSPA?

Advice please?
xLinda

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Re: Advice please: Today I found on the street two cat collars
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 01:54:24 PM »
It's okay, we're sorted.

I called a mate, talked it through, then called the RSPCA.  I was told (of course) to call the owner.

Lucy told me that microchipped Wriggly had come home last night without her id.  Waaaa

I've said I'll put her collar in an envelope through her door.  I'll call the other cat owner tomorrow.  
I was so stressed out, but it all went fine, I'm lucky.  Guess Wriggly didn't like her collar and got it off backwards.  Wonder what kind of new fence or hedge they've built in the back garden there (and why anyone would put two collars on a front garden wall?  There are no Chinese restaurants around here.  I was flipping out.

xL
 I just didn't know what to say.  I knew what to do, but not how to say it.  I said hello, I'm a neighbour, asked her whether she was sitting down and explained I had bad news.  She laughed and thanked me profusely.  Happily Lucy and Wriggly are fine.