Author Topic: If for your job you could work from home or work in an office setting, which  (Read 3894 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
would you choose?

I am undecided on this, so advices are appreciated. :)
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
best is a mix.  ;)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
best is a mix.  ;)

Sure, but if you only have 2 choices, either or, which would you choose. (Da du ein Buerohengst bist, weiss ich schon, wie du antwortest).

Basically I am looking at pros and cons of both.
I hate the State.

JasonH

• Getbig V
best is a mix.  ;)

This.

I do both in my job and I find that working from home gives me no distractions that you would normally get in the office, like contant phone calls, colleagues bugging you, travelling etc.

However, it's easy to get waylaid at home - too many home comforts and you've got to be disciplined and force yourself to work sometimes rather than play video games and watch TV.

Having said that though, I do tend to get more done at home, and quicker too.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
This.

I do both in my job and I find that working from home gives me no distractions that you would normally get in the office, like contant phone calls, colleagues bugging you, travelling etc.

However, it's easy to get waylaid at home - too many home comforts and you've got to be disciplined and force yourself to work sometimes rather than play video games and watch TV.

My part time job right now is from home, so I know what you mean. I am always taking breaks, getting distracted. I mean, it's nice not having to get dressed and commute but maybe office pressure might be good in that regard.
I hate the State.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
 If I work at home I get blazed, jerk off, listen to music, read books and do shit like that when I should working.

I need a seperate office room in my home for that to work well.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
If I work at home I get blazed, jerk off, listen to music, read books and do shit like that when I should working.

I need a seperate office room in my home for that to work well.

Yes, what I am thinking...

Either at home with your own office-like space or office.
I hate the State.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Work  ???

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
would you choose?

I work from home and I wouldn't trade it for anything. DO what you want, when you want.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I work from home and I wouldn't trade it for anything. DO what you want, when you want.

You must have a lot of discipline then...
I hate the State.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
as professional poster im not bounded by that stuff. i can do my work from every computer with internet.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
This.

spot on.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Mix or office.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
as professional poster im not bounded by that stuff. i can do my work from every computer with internet.
This looks as the best.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
Mix or office.

This. Too many distractions at home. I do one day a week at home and that's good enough to break things up.

Plus, you miss out on socializing if you don't go to an office. And if you work in a decent place, there is always some good tail to look at.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
It depends on your personality type, discipline, and work habits.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
obtuse_waiter's mom prefers the street

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Office without a doubt. Too many distractions at home.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I loved working from home but I think I was more productive in the office environment. I still did good work from home, but liek others have said, I'd fuck around a bit too. At the time it never bothered me if I was at my desk at 9pm or so finishing things up - I always worked the hours I was supposed to work, but once back in the office I would find myself thinking "Yeah - it's kind of nice to be finished at 5.30".

leadhead

• Getbig III
 It depends. I'd rather work at home because I hate the commute to the office. I'm going to surf the internet at both places anyway.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
I would think you would want to separate your work environment from your home environment.  If work is exhausting and stressful at the office, you at least get to go home and relax in a different environment.  I wouldn't want to think of home as my work.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
Home by far..and home can mean having a laptop and working from a motel/hotel, girlfriend's house, friend's house, parked near the beach,etc.........

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
I currently work from home but we're in the process of setting up a brick and mortar. I'll probably go back and forth, depending what better suits my purposes.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
would you choose?

Working from home is the best way to get a big time depression.

No matter how much you hate the idiots at work, sitting alone at home all day long and you will appreciate them.