Author Topic: Ringworm at the gym..  (Read 6626 times)

w8m8

Re: Ringworm at the gym..
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 03:13:49 PM »
I have it on my foot and on my neck. My training partner got it on his leg..It's pretty easy to spot, and diagnose. You can usually tell by the rings that appear on the skin. public gyms can be a hotbed for contracting things like ring worm, athletes foot, Mersa, Yeast ?

I have been using some lamasil (Clotrimazole 1%) for it. However, it's been 3 weeks and it hasn't gone away yet..

I heard that Bleach kills it instantly?  Can anyone confirm this?  

doesn't kill it instantly .. but a few days at most

mix the bleach 3:1 with water and use a q-tip to apply it on your neck ( try to do it a few times using another q-tip each time and letting it dry in between ) you could use a band-aid with the pad moistened with the solution on over night on your foot  .. full strength will burn and could scar .. on your foot that may be alright .. but I'm thinking you don't want a scar on your neck

You need to eat more beans and play less x-box. you've been very negative lately, Johnny Crow.

LOL

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 03:22:54 PM »
Sodium Hypochlorite (chlorine bleach) was a treatment for Trench Foot (fungal infection) during World War One...When I was a kid in deep suburban/semirural Houston... me and my brother would go wading in drainage culverts in the neighborhood after rainstorms...We were perpetually infected...Pediatrician had mom soak our feet in a dishpan of water with a cup of Clorox in it...straight bleach might be too strong.

NEVER us straight bleach for anything!  Think about it! You don't even clean your toilets with straight bleach!  Dilute it by at least half.
:

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 03:30:01 PM »
doesn't kill it instantly .. but a few days at most

mix the bleach 3:1 with water and use a q-tip to apply it on your neck ( try to do it a few times using another q-tip each time and letting it dry in between ) you could use a band-aid with the pad moistened with the solution on over night on your foot  .. full strength will burn and could scar .. on your foot that may be alright .. but I'm thinking you don't want a scar on your neck

Good idea, on diluting the bleach and applying it with a q-tip. Have you tried this method yourself?

NEVER us straight bleach for anything!  Think about it! You don't even clean your toilets with straight bleach!  Dilute it by at least half.

Good thing i asked here...i might have used straight bleach ;D

w8m8

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 03:35:25 PM »
Good idea, on diluting the bleach and applying it with a q-tip. Have you tried this method yourself?

no ... but I've seen it a lot ... I live in the country .. I can take ticks out too .. we don't wanna drive for hours to get to a drug store or Dr.  ;)... PL is right .. it's caustic .. I think my 3:1 ratio isn't clear .. 3pts h2o 1 pt chlorine

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 03:42:51 PM »

Good thing i asked here...i might have used straight bleach ;D

Or a cotton ball for larger areas.

Obviously, it's highly contagious, so do your best not to spread it to others or back to yourself.  It's not just caught from skin to skin contact.  It can be picked up from surfaces.
:

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 03:49:38 PM »
I'm pretty shure ringworms is something you get in the ass, be sure to apply a generous dosage of bleach.

slaver

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »
sick

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2011, 03:54:26 PM »
@slaver
Mine is about an inch in diameter on my foot...and little tinny spots on my neck...Nothing like that picture.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 06:19:19 AM »

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 06:21:59 AM »
he'll never recover because he fuked with the falcon

those who fuck with the falcon attain the wrath of the holy ghost falcons
A

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 07:23:21 AM »
That's what i heard...Does it discolor the skin in anyway?  
It didnt to Michael Jackson

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 07:41:19 AM »
Could be the Mongolian Death Worm?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2011, 01:48:30 PM »
I have it on my foot and on my neck. My training partner got it on his leg..It's pretty easy to spot, and diagnose. You can usually tell by the rings that appear on the skin. public gyms can be a hotbed for contracting things like ring worm, athletes foot, Mersa, Yeast ?

I have been using some lamasil (Clotrimazole 1%) for it. However, it's been 3 weeks and it hasn't gone away yet..

I heard that Bleach kills it instantly?  Can anyone confirm this?  
where do you lift in the pitbull gym.
F

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 03:12:07 PM »
You realize it is not in that spot, but rather in your bloodstream.  You treat the spot other active parts could just "move" somewhere else.

go to rxprohub.com and purchase Lamisil TABLETS.  Take one a day for as long as you see a spot and then keep going for an extra 7 days after the spot is gone.  It kills from the inside out and not just treats the most obvious spots.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 03:27:38 PM »
i wouldnt wish this nasty fungus on 225 for 70
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2011, 07:19:36 PM »
go to a doctor get an anti-fungal cream.
A

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2011, 10:37:48 PM »
buy an iPad2.

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2011, 12:53:11 PM »
You realize it is not in that spot, but rather in your bloodstream.  You treat the spot other active parts could just "move" somewhere else.

go to rxprohub.com and purchase Lamisil TABLETS.  Take one a day for as long as you see a spot and then keep going for an extra 7 days after the spot is gone.  It kills from the inside out and not just treats the most obvious spots.

It's not that bad to have to use oral anti-fungal agents..

However, bleach is working great IMO..It has stopped itching..

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2011, 01:17:33 PM »
Im a grappler who had it -over the counter meds dont work-as soon as I went to dermatologist they gave me stuff that worked quickly
CROM!!