Author Topic: Sin Cara?  (Read 4662 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Sin Cara?
« on: April 19, 2011, 04:52:30 PM »
What's everyone's opinion of him?  I read that Vince isn't happy with the trampoline entrance, and he botched his finisher on Primo the other week.  And then they put him in a tag match with Cena against Miz/Riley, and every move he did looked sloppy.  Especially at one point when he grabbed Miz's hand, and they both kinda looked at each other for a second, before he ran up the ropes to take them both out.

The guy's obviously got some athletic ability, but he's not impressing me yet.

:-\

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Sin Cara?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 05:03:57 PM »
You are asking for trouble with that trampoline entrance. He has enough moves that will pop the crowd during the match, the trampoline isn't needed. Primo was the one who botched the top rope c4 but I thought that they covered it up pretty well. No one on the roster has worked with him yet and he has never worked the style that WWE likes so I'm not suprised the matches aren't so crisp. His Mexico work is amazing, I think they all need time to adjust to each other.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 05:49:05 AM »
You are asking for trouble with that trampoline entrance. He has enough moves that will pop the crowd during the match, the trampoline isn't needed. Primo was the one who botched the top rope c4 but I thought that they covered it up pretty well. No one on the roster has worked with him yet and he has never worked the style that WWE likes so I'm not suprised the matches aren't so crisp. His Mexico work is amazing, I think they all need time to adjust to each other.
Exactly. Lucha Libra style wrestling is completely different from the USA style of wrestling that we are all acustomed too. Mexican wrestlers use a lot of high flying manuvers. I think Sin Cara is amazing and I really think they should do a next year WM match with him versus Mysterio while Mysterio is still somewhat healthy. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 07:40:35 AM »
Exactly. Lucha Libra style wrestling is completely different from the USA style of wrestling that we are all acustomed too. Mexican wrestlers use a lot of high flying manuvers. I think Sin Cara is amazing and I really think they should do a next year WM match with him versus Mysterio while Mysterio is still somewhat healthy. 

I think that match is a given.
A buildup is necessary, but they can't wait too long due to Rey's health.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 08:26:12 AM »

I think that match is a given.
A buildup is necessary, but they can't wait too long due to Rey's health.

Well, from what I understand, they brought Sin Cara in to be heir to Ray Mysterio once Ray retires. Speculation backstage is that Ray is on knee injury away from hanging it up. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 03:06:16 PM »
A total waste of air time.

Even in Mexico he is extremely limited in his ring skills.  He only has 5-6 moves that he does all the time.   Mysterio needs a set up to his spots that you can see coming a mile away, but at least when he was in the ring with Eddie G, Dean Malenko, Jericho, or Juvie he could freestyle the match and pull stuff out of the air because his opponents knew what to expect and flow into it.

Unlike Mexico where Mistico could expect Ultimate Guererro, Hector or Perro Aguayo, Jr to carry him through a decent match, there is no one in the WWE that is going to be willing to do that.  A 25 minute match in Mexico would see Mistico spend 3 minutes hitting his spots and 22 solid minutes of getting the stuffing beat out of him.  Dude made a living off selling on the mat.  

Oh and standing around pointing his fingers all over the place is consider one of his moves.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 04:58:08 PM »
Why bring him straight to the main roster then if the styles are so different?  Send him to developmental like they do with everyone else.  What makes him so special?

Like I said, he's obviously got some ability, but he needs to be a bit more than a handful of head-scissor variations.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 06:18:37 AM »
Sin Cara is already getting a bad rep backstage. One for botching a few ring entrances at house shows on that ridiculous trampoline and two for bragging about his high flying style.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 06:29:38 AM »
Sin Cara is already getting a bad rep backstage. One for botching a few ring entrances at house shows on that ridiculous trampoline and two for bragging about his high flying style.

Nobody likes braggers - even if they ARE that good.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 06:32:45 AM »
lol I read that he was trying to convince guys that in Mexico his matches were shoots...didn't really believe that but who knows.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 07:11:29 AM »
lol I read that he was trying to convince guys that in Mexico his matches were shoots...didn't really believe that but who knows.

That almost ranks right up there with Tweeting kayfabe.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 07:59:29 AM »
And eating grapes  ;)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 06:25:35 PM »
This guy doesnt do much for me.

If i wanted to see a bunch of flips,somersaults and botched spots id watch a backyard wrestling video.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 11:22:49 AM »
The part of him containing substance.  Really picture him and Sheamus in a match and Sheamus having to adjust his entire style just to spend most of the match catching him.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 03:06:59 PM »
IMO, it's a two-way street.
Mysty needs to adapt to the roster, but they will also need to reciprocate.
It's probably a little more vital for Cara to make adjustments, as he is ONE trying to fit in with the rest.

Hopefully, he is not relegated to a "novelty" act.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 05:21:30 PM »
Good time to bring back the Cruiserweights

Raw=
WWE Champ
IC title unified with US title
Womens

SD=
WHC
Tag Team title
Cruiserweight

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 06:30:34 PM »
Good time to bring back the Cruiserweights

Raw=
WWE Champ
IC title unified with US title
Womens

SD=
WHC
Tag Team title
Cruiserweight

I never understood why the Fed kept the I-C AND U.S. Titles.

Although, one of the few things WCW got right was their Cruiserweight division.
"Cruiserweight" sounds so much more bad-ass than "Light-Heavyweight," which may as well be called "Twinks Doing Gymnastics."

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 03:49:40 PM »
Bringing back the Cruiserweight Title would be great, at least it would allow some of the smaller guys to actually compete for something.  At the moment they just pop the IC/US belt on anyone they feel like pushing at that moment in time.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »
I don't think the average fan cares about his "botches," and for the most part, I don't think they're that bad. There are a lot of Sin Cara chants already...and to be honest if I'm watching a lucha match, I expect to see a botch from time to time.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 07:52:08 PM »
Drafted to Smackdown...might benefit him to work on a taped show for a while.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 04:47:34 AM »
Sin Cara is being groomed to replace Mysterio once he retires. Where is Mystico?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 06:00:58 AM »
Sin Cara is being groomed to replace Mysterio once he retires. Where is Mystico?

What I want to know is: did they drop the Mystico name because someone else owns it, or did the old man change the name because of his usual ego-related reasons?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 07:15:48 AM »

What I want to know is: did they drop the Mystico name because someone else owns it, or did the old man change the name because of his usual ego-related reasons?
You know Vince....

Need I say more?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 07:23:34 AM »

Mystico already existed and was a wrestler in CMLL (currently Hunico in FCW). This company created this name and kept the copyright. Mistico name and the related merchandising belongs to AAA , that's why WWE can't legally use both names.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 07:49:36 AM »
Mystico already existed and was a wrestler in CMLL (currently Hunico in FCW). This company created this name and kept the copyright. Mistico name and the related merchandising belongs to AAA , that's why WWE can't legally use both names.
Maybe we should bring back "The Model" and "that sweet smell of arrogance".

I get a kick outta your avatar, Mass  ;D