Author Topic: Man runs 99 miles home after completing 26mile London Marathon  (Read 2252 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
FUCCKING SHOW OFF  >:(

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Man-runs-99-miles-home-after-completing-London-M?urn=oly-wp125

Sam Robson did what most people do after completing a marathon: He went home and fell asleep. Except rather than drive to his house, 99 miles away from the finish line of the London Marathon, Robson ran back. All the way.

The 28-year-old from Central England finished Sunday's official race in 3 hours and 45 minutes before starting on the 99-mile second leg. He arrived to his home in St. Ives Cambs about 25 hours later, greeted by a cheering crowd. In total, he ran 125 miles in 29 hours, a pace of around 13 minutes per mile.

That number sounds insane, but it's even more mind-boggling if you really think about it. Think back to what you were doing five hours ago yesterday. Now imagine you've been running since then. I don't know if most people could stay awake that long, let alone do anything remotely physical.

Robson, a medical researcher, completed the super-marathon to raise money for the UK Epilepsy Society. In all, he raised a little more than $5,000 for the charity. Robson has suffered from the condition since he was a teenager.

He told reporters that the running itself was easy, but staying up, keeping hydrated and ingesting calories (to make up for the 15,000 he burned) was the hard part.

"I had to have regular breaks to refill my water and whenever I stopped my legs seized up so I couldn't rest for long. In terms of tiredness, my legs felt pretty good and the worst bit was I had to keep eating to replace all the calories I was burning.

One day after his mega-run, Robson said he was doing fine except for some soreness. That's to be expected. It wasn't just his first 99-mile run, it was his first marathon too.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: Man runs 99 miles home after completing 26mile London Marathon
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 03:01:48 PM »
thats not Larry Falcon
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 03:05:23 PM »
I've never tried cocaine, but i reckon this is what i'd do if I did.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 03:17:32 PM »
FUCCKING SHOW OFF  >:(

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Man-runs-99-miles-home-after-completing-London-M?urn=oly-wp125

Sam Robson did what most people do after completing a marathon: He went home and fell asleep. Except rather than drive to his house, 99 miles away from the finish line of the London Marathon, Robson ran back. All the way.

The 28-year-old from Central England finished Sunday's official race in 3 hours and 45 minutes before starting on the 99-mile second leg. He arrived to his home in St. Ives Cambs about 25 hours later, greeted by a cheering crowd. In total, he ran 125 miles in 29 hours, a pace of around 13 minutes per mile.

That number sounds insane, but it's even more mind-boggling if you really think about it. Think back to what you were doing five hours ago yesterday. Now imagine you've been running since then. I don't know if most people could stay awake that long, let alone do anything remotely physical.

Robson, a medical researcher, completed the super-marathon to raise money for the UK Epilepsy Society. In all, he raised a little more than $5,000 for the charity. Robson has suffered from the condition since he was a teenager.

He told reporters that the running itself was easy, but staying up, keeping hydrated and ingesting calories (to make up for the 15,000 he burned) was the hard part.

"I had to have regular breaks to refill my water and whenever I stopped my legs seized up so I couldn't rest for long. In terms of tiredness, my legs felt pretty good and the worst bit was I had to keep eating to replace all the calories I was burning.

One day after his mega-run, Robson said he was doing fine except for some soreness. That's to be expected. It wasn't just his first 99-mile run, it was his first marathon too.

Cue another ten-page thread of Getbigger meltdowns saying no-one can injest that much calories in that amount of time.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 03:56:08 PM »
Chad Mower, is that you?
Deep Tissue Massage

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 04:43:52 PM »
Maybe he was trying to catch his receding hairline

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 05:20:32 PM »
Not impressed, he didn't run it non-stop. Sissy boy had to take breaks...

newmom

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 06:36:48 PM »
that's not runningmom..

holy fuck..that's nuts..I don't wanna drive 99 miles after running 26.2..Good for him..fucking nutcase lol

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 08:17:29 AM »

A paratrooper from Chorley has raised more than twelve hundred pounds for charity after running a marathon with a difference around his base in Helmand Province.

Lance Corporal Robert Fisher (39) – who is serving with The 3rd Battalion Parachute Regiment in Shahzad – ran around the base twenty-six times in his body armour while carrying a General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG).

Lance Corporal Robert Fisher, 3 PARA.

“I’ve always wanted to run a marathon carrying a GPMG while wearing body armour,” he said. “I thought it would be something different.”

It took Robert just over seven hours to complete the gruelling run.

“It was one of the hardest things I’ve done,” he admitted. “The marathons I’ve done in the past carrying weight have been tough, but this was a lot of harder. I was hoping to do it in under six hours, but I started cramping up around the nineteen mile point.”

“For the last six miles, it was mind over matter. For me, it’s worth the pain, it’s worth the fatigue. I’ve raised over twelve hundred pounds for two charities.

The money will be split between the Afghanistan Trust and the NSPCC.

“I try to do a marathon every year for charity,” he said. “I try to put my fitness to good use.”

Lance Corporal Robert Fisher (3 PARA) during his marathon run.

When he’s not running marathons, Robert serves as a Physical Training Instructor (PTI), making sure his fellow soldiers stay fit. He’s been out in Afghanistan since last September.

“I’ve had a number of duties out here. I’m the PTI, but I’ve also been working on the security of the base, doing guard duties, and also liaising with the locals.”

Robert is due to return home to Chorley next month (20th April 2011).

“My wife and family have been very supportive while I’ve been out here,” he said. “But they’re always glad to see me come home.”

I bet this was a little bit emotional.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 08:19:19 AM »
What a stupid asshole.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 08:21:24 AM »
that's not runningmom..

holy fuck..that's nuts..I don't wanna drive 99 miles after running 26.2..Good for him..fucking nutcase lol
Keep your pants on...he didn't run straight thru, he took breaks...

And prolly has very, very low test levels, like the majority of male marathon runners.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 08:30:38 AM »
slacker does this on his way to the gym every afternoon, not a big deal really.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 09:22:59 AM »
he ate more than 7,500 calories

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 09:43:29 AM »
Hope he took some BCAA's or he surely lost some muscle...

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 12:26:58 PM »
INSANE

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 12:30:01 PM »
He missed his anabolic window by a mile, very poor form.  He wouldn't last long around here.

newmom

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 03:46:10 PM »
Keep your pants on...he didn't run straight thru, he took breaks...

And prolly has very, very low test levels, like the majority of male marathon runners.

first off Parker, getting fucking tired of you being a dick to me lately. He's not my type in the least. So fucking what if he took breaks, jesus.

For me to get all ms "happy pants" dude has to be at least 230, 5 ft 10 and usually bald/shaved head and rides a bike. So marathon running males do absolutely shit for me

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 03:49:33 PM »
first off Parker, getting fucking tired of you being a dick to me lately. He's not my type in the least. So fucking what if he took breaks, jesus.

For me to get all ms "happy pants" dude has to be at least 230, 5 ft 10 and usually bald/shaved head and rides a bike. So marathon running males do absolutely shit for me

so this is your type:

Deep Tissue Massage

newmom

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 03:54:05 PM »
so this is your type:

ewwwwwwwwwwww nooooooooooooooooooooooo

newmom

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 03:55:06 PM »
chaos and SS...almost perfection IMO..I'll say calvin too just because he can dress and has abs

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2011, 04:00:25 PM »
chaos and SS...almost perfection IMO..I'll say calvin too just because he can dress and has abs

What about BlackFlagRedStar?

newmom

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2011, 04:03:12 PM »
What about BlackFlagRedStar?

I'll go lesbo first. No offense to BFRS

newmom

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2011, 04:03:58 PM »
actually Spike and Cypla2000 or whateva his name is..that's oohh lala..local hero is easy on the eyes too..