Author Topic: I am in the market for a TV  (Read 7312 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
I am in the market for a TV
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:48:17 PM »
I know, I know-

I have not turned pro yet, naturally.

I have shitty credit.

So all of that aside, I want something above 42 inches, plasma preferably (I think)

Said TV will be used primarily for playing video games, watching sports in HD and movies in Blu-Ray.

Trying to keep price around $500

Advice appreciated.

And yes better credit would help, but I have cash so it's not an issue.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: I am in the market for a TV
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 08:51:25 PM »
Spend the money on steroids.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 08:55:52 PM »

Maybe.

If I can get in the gym more consistently than three times a week we will see.

dragonfist

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 08:57:53 PM »

You don't need steroids. I saw a guy at the gym who was a massive 160 pounds of skinny fat glory.  I overheard him telling his training partner that he doesn't take No2 products because he doesn't want to get too big. Based on his physique he knows his stuff.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 09:00:20 PM »
Spend the $$$$ on bills to help your credit out.  8)
D

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
You don't need steroids. I saw a guy at the gym who was a massive 160 pounds of skinny fat glory.  I overheard him telling his training partner that he doesn't take No2 products because he doesn't want to get too big. Based on his physique he knows his stuff.

Didn't know you went to the same gym as Blackfag.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 09:05:51 PM »
Spend the $$$$ on bills to help your credit out.  8)

I am working with a credit repair type place. Shouldn't be long as most of my debt is 7-8 years old or very close to it. Maybe 2k to fix the rest and I will be on my way.

Lesson learned. Having shitty credit sucks :(

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
I am working with a credit repair type place. Shouldn't be long as most of my debt is 7-8 years old or very close to it. Maybe 2k to fix the rest and I will be on my way.

They have places for people with shitty credit and that could be a place like Aaron's.  8)
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 09:11:11 PM »
You could start whoring yourself out to fat women to pay back your debt.
D

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 09:13:15 PM »
I know, I know-

I have shitty credit.

So all of that aside, I want something above 42 inches, plasma preferably (I think)

Said TV will be used primarily for playing video games, watching sports in HD and movies in Blu-Ray.

Advice appreciated.

LMAO. You have shitty credit but you're gonna go out and buy a $500 TV.

Great idea  ::)

roccoginge

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 09:15:40 PM »
I have a 50" samsung and a 60" pioneer.  The pioneer is way better.  Also have a 42" polaroid, not that bad.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 09:15:46 PM »
LMAO. You have shitty credit but you're gonna go out and buy a $500 TV.

Great idea  ::)

Pretty sure I do not need financial advice from you.

And FWIW I believe Cash is King in the new American Economy. I do not want to finance anything, especially not a TV, so my credit has nothing to do with this.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 09:18:59 PM »
 Some people just gotta buy a new toy to keep themselves happy.

They can't just chill out and save their money.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 09:26:35 PM »
Pretty sure I do not need financial advice from you.

And FWIW I believe Cash is King in the new American Economy. I do not want to finance anything, especially not a TV, so my credit has nothing to do with this.

How much debt do you have? $500 should be able to take a good chunk out of your debt.
D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 09:27:04 PM »
Spend the $$$$ on bills to help your credit out.  8)

Exhibit L

someone got Bayed!!!!

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 09:27:22 PM »
check wal-mart's internet specials.  i just got my 47" LG from there for only $580.. same price i paid for my 32" three years ago.  i LOVE this tv.

http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-lcd-tv-47LD500.jsp

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 09:28:23 PM »

How much debt do you have? $500 should be able to take a good chunk out of your debt.

x2, this guy is a fucking train wreck.

Wants to be the first natural IFBB pro in 3 years, alcoholic, in debt and spends his money on TVs.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 09:38:42 PM »

Seriously, no “place” can “repair” your credit.  We are not talking about mending a broken vase.  Pay down your debt!  That is the only way to rebuild your credit.  Once you do so, you will get offers for new credit, or you can obtain a secured credit card; use it and pay off the charges regularly.  

When it comes to credit, the only escape from your bad choices in the past is to make good choices in the present and future.  Your first good choice must be to pay off your debts.  Trying to excuse or ignore existing debt because it is old (“most of my debt is 7-8 years old”) shows that you have not learned your lesson.   :'(

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 09:42:46 PM »
Mike, how old are you? You say that your "Debt" is from 7 years ago or so...so, i take it that you were 18 years old and kept charging your Credit Card/s and neglected to pay your bills, i am somewhere in the ball park?
D

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 10:15:13 PM »
Mike, how old are you? You say that your "Debt" is from 7 years ago or so...so, i take it that you were 18 years old and kept charging your Credit Card/s and neglected to pay your bills, i am somewhere in the ball park?

Pretty much. I have old debt that has haunted me for years.

For the most part they were palty 250 dollar credit cards that some asshole collection agency now thinks will net them 800 plus.

And Bay, I WOULD settle and have offered to. However the agencies handling this shit are complete assholes and they will offer my random settlements but nothing in writing and no timeline as to when they will report to the credit agencies.

I am no sucker, I know damn well without a deal in writing they could take my settlement payment as just a partial payment on the entire balance.

I am not lying here- I HAVE TRIED paying off my debt and not gotten anywhere.

People make it sound like collection agencies would love to work with you and that has not been my experience with them.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 10:20:24 PM »
As a matter of principal NO I am not paying more than I spent in the first place. If I spent 250 and didn't pay on time, I will pay 250 but I am not paying some magical number a collection agency feels like I should pay. They can fuck off and die for all I care.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 10:24:34 PM »
As a matter of principal NO I am not paying more than I spent in the first place. If I spent 250 and didn't pay on time, I will pay 250 but I am not paying some magical number a collection agency feels like I should pay. They can fuck off and die for all I care.

this is why you have bad credit, retard.  it's called interest.  man up and pay or you will forever be fucked because of your own stupidity.

you have no excuse. 

i have never made more than about $40k/yr yet:

i have paid off every credit card bill completely every single month.

i have gone into debt for one house and two cars and have paid off every payment completely and on time, if not early.

i get credit card offers up the yin yang and my credit score is insane. 

and im only 27. 

..but im jewish so i was born knowing what to do with money.  ;D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 10:33:07 PM »
Pretty much. I have old debt that has haunted me for years.

For the most part they were palty 250 dollar credit cards that some asshole collection agency now thinks will net them 800 plus.

And Bay, I WOULD settle and have offered to. However the agencies handling this shit are complete assholes and they will offer my random settlements but nothing in writing and no timeline as to when they will report to the credit agencies.

I am no sucker, I know damn well without a deal in writing they could take my settlement payment as just a partial payment on the entire balance.

I am not lying here- I HAVE TRIED paying off my debt and not gotten anywhere.

People make it sound like collection agencies would love to work with you and that has not been my experience with them.

So, you are now working with a Credit Agency that "Helps you" and i am pretty sure that they charge you money, correct? So, instead of just paying off the bills you choose to give money away to a agency that "Helps" you re-gain your credit back, right?  ??? Why not dump the agency and just pay off your debt in increments. Ohh yea, about the $250 you owe, it's turned into $800 and counting.  :D Just pay the debt off.
D

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 10:43:32 PM »
what do you do for a living, methyl mike?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 10:49:09 PM »
I know, I know-

I have shitty credit.

Advice appreciated.

Mike, ask yourself what is more important, My credit which will influence your future. So, said T.V. will be used for video games and Blu-Ray movies....sigh....averag e Blu-Ray movie runs around $20 and the average Video Game runs around $65 including tax. So, how about cutting those out and use the money that you spend on movies, Video Games,..etc. paying your old debts?  ???

You claim that you know....do you know that every day that you ignore or stop paying your bills that you will become even more in debt.  :-\ Now, i understand that you wanna watch Blu-Ray movies, so how about joining Net Flix and only paying about $8 a month.  8)
D