Author Topic: Crocop to WWE?  (Read 1590 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Crocop to WWE?
« on: April 27, 2011, 06:33:24 AM »
Something i came across this morning is that WWE contacted Crocop regarding working with them, however he has stated he wants to have 1 more fight before seriously considering their offer.

Thoughts? I dont know how they could use him as hes evidently in decline so they couldnt package him as an unstoppable enforcer.

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Crocop to WWE?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:04:54 AM »
Is he an MMA guy?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:40:34 AM »
Never heard of this guy either.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 12:38:01 PM »
He was a decent MMA guy, but I haven't followed it for a couple of years.  Didn't he come to the UFC with loads of hype and then break his ankle in his first fight?  Don't see the point of bringing him to WWE at all.  I'd rather see Bob Sapp!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 12:55:39 PM »
He was a decent MMA guy, but I haven't followed it for a couple of years.  Didn't he come to the UFC with loads of hype and then break his ankle in his first fight?  Don't see the point of bringing him to WWE at all.  I'd rather see Bob Sapp!

MMA guys don't transition well to WWE style wrestlers. They are used to hitting people for real. Look at Shamrock, Goldberg and Tank Abbott. They were green as grass. Unless this guy makes the same impact as GOldberg and makes 1,000,000 per year (which will NEVER happen) than you can forget it.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 01:17:21 PM »
He was the consensus #2 HW in the world at his best, but he is a long way passed his prime now for MMA. I really dont see how he could be utilised, its not like he's got a wrestling fanbase or experience inside the squared circle (forget Pride......). Would he be part of a faction to take down Corre / Nexus - oh wait, theyre both dissolving as we speak! It really does not make sense.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 02:37:11 PM »
Don't see why he would want to tbh unless he's a long time fan trying to "live his dream." It would be a big lifestyle change...I'm sure he's used to the physical aspect of it. Most anyone can learn how to bump, but to work the crowd, match psychology, work as a face/heel...that can take years.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 11:15:44 PM »
CroCop used to be amazing, he could go over to fake wrestling and just stand there and look cool, kind of like an Ivan Drago type figure..

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

I've recently read the best description for a wrestler in Ric Flair's book: glorified stuntman (about Mick Foley) LOLOL

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 10:52:48 AM »
No chance would he do it.My favourite ever MMA fighter but hes got a family etc and at his age ( 37 soon ) id doubt he would want to do all the travelling etc.Hes always said he hated training away from his home etc Plus like a few people said, not everybody knows who he is, so i dont think he'd mean much to long time WWE fans like say Mike Tyson making an appearance back in the day