Author Topic: ...  (Read 16702 times)

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Re: Split Routines Are For Steroid Users
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 03:32:38 AM »
BS

Training everything three times a week would lead to epic overtraining in natural... zeesus  ::)

Stavios

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 03:36:35 AM »
BS

Training everything three times a week would lead to epic overtraining in natural... zeesus  ::)

what about farmers working 14 hours a day with their physique, how come they are not "overtraining" but us pussies think we might overtrain from doing 1-2 additional set of leg extension  ;D

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 03:43:09 AM »
what about farmers working 14 hours a day with their physique, how come they are not "overtraining" but us pussies think we might overtrain from doing 1-2 additional set of leg extension  ;D

Farmers barely are natural  ;D

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 04:00:22 AM »
You have to listen to your body - sometimes 3 times, sometimes twice a week ... You'd be surprised how quickly you can recover when you do the whole body basically and then do nothing for 1 and a half to 2 days.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 04:12:52 AM »
I will try to train everything twice a week next 'off-season' just because I've never done that.

Now I can't experiment with it because I'm dieting and hell no couldn't recover fast enough... or would I ?

Training as natural sucks anyway so what the heck..  ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 04:14:22 AM »
You have to listen to your body - sometimes 3 times, sometimes twice a week ... You'd be surprised how quickly you can recover when you do the whole body basically and then do nothing for 1 and a half to 2 days.
I think if you do whole Body workouts with Basic moves then i would train 2x per week. Another thing is why have always a 7 day week? train, take 2 days off in between and even 3 if you need it .

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 04:33:40 AM »
I agree with this fella, actually!    the split training is designed for drug enhaned bodybuilders.

I've been saying it for awhile this time around that I should turn my workout upside down. And now that I think of it, full body workout that lasts maximum of 45 minutes is the proper way to train.  

The body functions as a single unit, so you should exhaust the whole unit for 45 minutes and not 45 minutes for every single bodypart seperately. Even soccer matches have been designed for two sepperate 45 minute games, and not to one 90min none stop game because the human body can only take 45 minutes of physical presure at one sitting.

Now if I only did it that way ;D... gotta think of some clever way to do it...

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 04:38:46 AM »
I would like to hear some success stories about that whole body at once three times a week nonsense...
Do anyone practice it actually? Never seen that at gym, except the old farts maybe and some sluts but they do not possess exactly the look I'm after .. :-\

And please, don't come here to tell me about some 'old-school' lumber jack who was full of cadaver-ghona and dbol anyway  ::)

It's always said muscle grows in rest. Not when you're training it.
And why you shouldn't train muscle so hard once a week that it's enough? Beginners are often suggested to do those whole body workouts few times a week because they can't put enough effort in exercises...

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 04:44:38 AM »
I would like to hear some success stories about that whole body at once three times a week nonsense...
Do anyone practice it actually? Never seen that at gym, except the old farts maybe and some sluts but they do not possess exactly the look I'm after .. :-\

And please, don't come here to tell me about some 'old-school' lumber jack who was full of cadaver-ghona and dbol anyway  ::)

It's always said muscle grows in rest. Not when you're training it.
And why you shouldn't train muscle so hard once a week that it's enough? Beginners are often suggested to do those whole body workouts few times a week because they can't put enough effort in exercises...

olympic powrlifters train their whole body in one sitting, for example. And they have the thickest muscles except for their chest and even they have twice better chest than I do even though they don't train it every monday sepperately :D, that prety much settles it.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 05:07:14 AM »
olympic powrlifters train their whole body in one sitting, for example. And they have the thickest muscles except for their chest and even they have twice better chest than I do even though they don't train it every monday sepperately :D, that prety much settles it.

Olympic lifters are hardly natural...

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 05:08:00 AM »
This settles it too - 2 of the best who trained like this

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 05:11:10 AM »

there are natural olympic lifters  ::), just like I'm "a natural bodybuilder". But they seem to have 3 times  more power than i do, even though they train their whole body at once.

so yeah.

And your "they are not natural" is not legit comparison, because pro bodybuilders aren't natural either and they are piss weak and they have their ridiculous eating habbits and  "schedules"  ::)...

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 05:49:14 AM »
Bodybuilding Gold -Reg Parks Routine:-

Reg trained three days a week on this routine. He ate 3-4 meals per day and had a protein drink that was made up of milk, cream and honey, which he drank six times a day. Proof that you don't need to buy expensive supplements.

Grab any photo of Reg Park and you'll see what can be done with hard work and determination. Remember, Park was a pre-steroid bodybuilder, all natural. And to me he looks a lot better and more powerful than the drug induced bodybuilders of today.
The Reg Park Classic 1951 Workout

Squats 5 x 10

Bench Press 5 x 10

Weighted Dips 5 x 12

Barbell Curls 5 x 10

French Presses 5 x 10

Chins 5 x 10

Donkey Raises 5 sets

Abs 5 sets

Notes: There was no rep scheme for his abs and calves, he'd work them until they had enough. Park, like all the old timers, lifted heavy weights and didn't use many isolation exercises in his routine. If you decide to follow this program and feel wiped out on three days a week, knock it down to two. Park had exceptional genetics and recovery ability that most don't have.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/223403

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 05:51:16 AM »

Park had exceptional genetics and recovery ability that most don't have.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/223403

OOOh brother  ::)

What can I do, I'm not an x-man!

Stavios

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 06:02:40 AM »

I know quite a few national weightlifter who are natural (ok weighlifter suck ass in canada anyway), and they train about 8-10 times a week and have no problems with recuparation

90% of them have huge quads also

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 06:03:28 AM »
I know quite a few national weightlifter who are natural (ok weighlifter suck ass in canada anyway), and they train about 8-10 times a week and have no problems with recuparation

90% of them have huge quads also

and why?

because they don't DO split workouts like bbers 8)

Stavios

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 06:06:59 AM »
and why?

because they don't DO split workouts like bbers 8)

well it's hard to say, they train movements not muscles

but they don't squat every workout for example, yet they might do clean and jerk or snatchs, that will involve legs anyway !

I'd sat legs are involved in 80% of their trainings

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2011, 06:15:16 AM »
well it's hard to say, they train movements not muscles

but they don't squat every workout for example, yet they might do clean and jerk or snatchs, that will involve legs anyway !

I'd sat legs are involved in 80% of their trainings

Ofcourse they train their back and legs, ehm

they do snatches and squats in the same day, aswell as deadlifts am i right... BUT, they rarely do slow movements because slow movements like maximum deadlift won't do shit for your power levels.

I think it's biased to say they work movements and not muscles  :-\ ??? ???

when You have speed and strength you have power.... bodybuilders don't have neither....

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2011, 06:15:54 AM »
OOOh brother  ::)

What can I do, I'm not an x-man!
;D

Stavios

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2011, 06:17:21 AM »
they do snatches and squats in the same day, aswell as deadlifts am i right... BUT, they rarely do slow movements because slow movements like maximum deadlift won't do shit for your power levels.

I think it's biased to say they work movements and not muscles  :-\ ??? ???

when You have speed and strength you have power.... bodybuilders don't have neither....

they mix everything

I trained with them a bit in high school

when I say they work movements not muscles, I mean that they don't say: "today I train legs"

they will say: today we do deads and high pull for example

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2011, 06:19:18 AM »
they mix everything

I trained with them a bit in high school

when I say they work movements not muscles, I mean that they don't say: "today I train legs"

they will say: today we do deads and high pull for example

yeah, i understand... I did say they don't do splits like bodybuilders but ofcourse they do differend variations of things.

I don't know much, I'm just a fan (no homo)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2011, 06:26:57 AM »
Why do i have the feeling we have some IRON AGE cock suckers posting here?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2011, 06:33:28 AM »
You must train the wholw body three days per week.  Squats, bench press, chin-ups, barbell presses, deadlifts, etc.  Marvin could bench over 500 lbs steroid free.  Drugs are for sick people.  If you are not sick and take drugs you're a creep and a sissy.

Most people do that the first 6-12 months they start training. After that, they split up their bodyparts.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2011, 06:51:52 AM »
Nonsense.  John Grimek would bench over 400 for reps, military press in thr high 200's and squat in th low five hundreds for twenty reps all in the same workout three days per week.  Same with Reg Park.  You guys today pussyfoot around the weights like you're gonna die if you put in a real workout.  That's why you'll never look like a man.

We could also say you are pussying yourself out of training on split routines and multiple times a week in a fear of "overtraining"..gimmick ::)  :D

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2011, 07:22:44 AM »
The body must be trained as a whole three days a week.  This was arrived at through trial and error during the years before the steroid creeps and homosexuals like the Weiders took over.  Google some photos of Marvin Eder and you will see what a man looks like.