Author Topic: Hidetada Yamagishi  (Read 7184 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
Re: Hidetada Yamagishi
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 04:31:23 PM »
Usually those types of workouts are very quick. Besides, what else is a bodybuilder going to do with his day?

That's a good point!  I actually thought of that but didn't type anything.

Still though, while I can understand doing a lot of sets on a lot of different exercises, at least make sure the exercises serve a different purpose!

"yeah i do decline bench then flat, then decline dumbells, flat dumbells.  i like to finish with some db flys, then power flys, then really kill it with the cable flys!" ::)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 04:37:29 PM »
That's a good point!  I actually thought of that but didn't type anything.

Still though, while I can understand doing a lot of sets on a lot of different exercises, at least make sure the exercises serve a different purpose!

"yeah i do decline bench then flat, then decline dumbells, flat dumbells.  i like to finish with some db flys, then power flys, then really kill it with the cable flys!" ::)
It's all about angles and feeling the muscle. Do DB presses feel the same as barbell presses to you? No, DBs come down to the side of the head barbells come down in front of the face. The theory is that the difference in those little angles and tweaks in exercises will help the muscle grow.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 05:02:01 PM »
Yes it feels different.   Then again, any two reps of overhead press feel different.  How different does it feel?  Not much.  I could understand if you planned on doing three worksets for a muscle and wanted to distribute that across three different exercises to get a slightly larger range of stimulus than you would get from doing all three sets on the same exercise.  Not that its going to make a huge difference for the most part, but I can understand.  In fact, that's what I do.

But in this video, hide is doing four or more sets on three different nearly identical exercises.  What is the point?  After the first one, he's already warmed up and blasted -- he would need one, at most two light sets to get the feeling for the new exercise after switching to a work set.  It's kind of hard to tell, but it looks like he's just doing straight sets or a typical ramp up for each overhead press variant.  That seems totally pointless to me.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 12:17:02 AM »
13-17 sets you better be done with  amuscle group,,you dont need more than 13-17 sets ,,good sets per muscle group,,les for arms

naturals...it depends on fellas,,but more they train more they waist,,natural is mainly kitchen and training very veyr smart,,and very few do it ,,and even if do it you never look big,,you look either ripped and small when 6% or.....big and chunky/chubby ....or in most cases with fellas that seasonaly come into the gym ...skinny fat as you like to call it,,but if serious natural which not many around then you need to know everything you do to the t and youll never ever see 190 5-6% never fuckin ever not even if you are 5'11

gh15 approved
Mostly i agree your post as above.
For me 58,  now 20-30 sets for chest,shoulders & back.
15-25 sets for arms.
10-15 sets for legs now(due to leg’s surgery)

When I was young, I did more sets.
And as my 40 years training, NO 5-6% BODYFAT SUCH THING FOR NATURALS!
 Nowadays for a real natural bodybuilder, no matter how hard you traing & diet, you still CAN NOT WIN at any natural contest!!

Musclecenter approved

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 12:49:39 AM »
I was once 180 at 8% all natty, not even sups. And I didn't even diet that much - just clean food, but not overly strict...1-2 cheat meals a week too.

Yes, most likely nobody can be 220 at 6%, but many can be 6% at 175-180 range, imo...esp if been training regular and eating well from late teens...

But it does get harder to maintain that with age of course...

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 12:59:59 AM »
"this exercise is rateral laises, I do 4 sets, I do drop sets, from 40 to 20, no lest"

hahahaha classic

;D :-X
Just love doing dlop sets on rateral laises.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 01:41:13 AM »
You mean those pro bodybuilder really don't know any secrets?

Say it isn't so!

What will gh15 do?

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 01:43:47 AM »
Some guys just enjoy training and want to do many sets  :o

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 01:53:05 AM »
Gotta hit all the angles brah!!
Delts have 3, not 10 what generation Charles Glass may think

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 09:20:04 AM »
    :D

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 01:59:10 PM »
how many total sets does Yamagishi do in this workout  ???