Author Topic: April 27, 2011: A National Day of Shame  (Read 2105 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
April 27, 2011: A National Day of Shame
« on: April 28, 2011, 07:28:47 AM »
Clarence B. Jones

The release by the White House of President Obama's "official" birth certificate was a poignant reminder of just how deep and pervasive racism remains in our nation.

Think about this: A sitting president has to "prove" to the nation that he was indeed born in America -- Hawaii -- and therefore eligibly qualified to be elected president of the United States!

A factually non-issue was permitted become a national issue, not because of Donald Trump and the media. No, this was the ultimate result, of the silence and tacit acquiescence of white political, religious, and community leaders, especially leaders of faith-based organizations, who sat, said and did nothing to counter this insidious new form of 21st-century racism. The silence and abnegation of moral leadership, by persons whom we should have otherwise expected to publicly to challenge this growing "birther" issue, is a stain on the conscience of our nation.

In 1963, Rabbi Joachim Prinz, then president of the American Jewish Committee (AJC) was the speaker who immediately preceded Dr. King's famous "I Have A Dream" speech at the March On Washington. The AJC was one of several major organizations participating in the March On Washington on August 28, 1963.

Obama's decision to release his "official" birth certificate in an effort to silence the challenge to the legitimacy of his American citizenship reminded me of the words of Rabbi Prinz on that occasion. He said:

When I was the rabbi of the Jewish community in Berlin under the Hitler regime, I learned many things. The most important thing that I learned under those tragic circumstances was that bigotry and hatred are not the most urgent problem. The most urgent, the most disgraceful, the most shameful and the most tragic problem is silence.

Is the "need" of Barack Hussein Obama, the 44th president of the United States, to "prove" his citizenship, yet again, another example of what some people called the dawn of a "post-racial America" following his election?

White political leaders, especially in the Republican Party, should hang their heads in shame. Wednesday, April 27, 2011, should be remembered as day of moral ignominy in America. It was a day that symbolized the disgraceful and tragic silence of the "good" people among our political and community leaders who did nothing to publicly challenge the irrationality of Donald Trump and others who peddled their racist garbage of President Obama's non-citizenship.
!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: April 27, 2011: A National Day of Shame
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 07:39:14 AM »
Ha ha ha ha ha ha. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 07:43:13 AM »
You clowns are like clockwork on this.  Same as the giffords' situation.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 07:47:13 AM »
Clarence B. Jones

The release by the White House of President Obama's "official" birth certificate was a poignant reminder of just how deep and pervasive racism remains in our nation.

Think about this: A sitting president has to "prove" to the nation that he was indeed born in America -- Hawaii -- and therefore eligibly qualified to be elected president of the United States!

A factually non-issue was permitted become a national issue, not because of Donald Trump and the media. No, this was the ultimate result, of the silence and tacit acquiescence of white political, religious, and community leaders, especially leaders of faith-based organizations, who sat, said and did nothing to counter this insidious new form of 21st-century racism. The silence and abnegation of moral leadership, by persons whom we should have otherwise expected to publicly to challenge this growing "birther" issue, is a stain on the conscience of our nation.

In 1963, Rabbi Joachim Prinz, then president of the American Jewish Committee (AJC) was the speaker who immediately preceded Dr. King's famous "I Have A Dream" speech at the March On Washington. The AJC was one of several major organizations participating in the March On Washington on August 28, 1963.

Obama's decision to release his "official" birth certificate in an effort to silence the challenge to the legitimacy of his American citizenship reminded me of the words of Rabbi Prinz on that occasion. He said:

When I was the rabbi of the Jewish community in Berlin under the Hitler regime, I learned many things. The most important thing that I learned under those tragic circumstances was that bigotry and hatred are not the most urgent problem. The most urgent, the most disgraceful, the most shameful and the most tragic problem is silence.

Is the "need" of Barack Hussein Obama, the 44th president of the United States, to "prove" his citizenship, yet again, another example of what some people called the dawn of a "post-racial America" following his election?

White political leaders, especially in the Republican Party, should hang their heads in shame. Wednesday, April 27, 2011, should be remembered as day of moral ignominy in America. It was a day that symbolized the disgraceful and tragic silence of the "good" people among our political and community leaders who did nothing to publicly challenge the irrationality of Donald Trump and others who peddled their racist garbage of President Obama's non-citizenship.

If it's a national day of shame why don't you do us all a favor and bury your head  under something, perferably a heavy boulder.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 07:49:51 AM »
How many other potus were born under such bizarre clouds of doubt? 

17 yo hippie gets prego by 25 yo kenyan marxist. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 07:57:06 AM »
What's really great about the BC coming out is that the morons are now going to obsess over Osama "sticking it to da man" while the rest of the country that actually votes is going to ignore this nonsense and focus on issues that matter such as the economy. In the end, this was a strategic miscalculation by Osama. As long as trump doesn't win the GOP nomination, Osama is finished.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 08:48:32 AM »
Clarence B. Jones

Someone tell this goof that it's the need of EVERYBODY, who runs for the office of President, to prove his (or her) citizenship.

That's the problem with blubbering buffoons like this. If this were a non-issue, Obama wouldn't have dragged this out for two years. Plus, did this rabbi forget that it was the Clinton-ites that started this mess in the first place?

The bottom line is this: The left-winged goofies will continue to yelp about racism, because (quite frankly) it's all they have left. Obama has been a collosal FAILURE and they know it. As that woman on TV said, people are tired of defending this boob of a president. And, as I said on HP:

You can't defend 10% unemployment
You can't defend $4/gallon gas (with $5/gallon gas on the horizon)
You can't defend being in a third war, with no objective laid out (and, unlike Bush with Iraq, Obama didn't get authorization from Congress).
You can't defend a near-government shutdown, due to not passing a 2011 budget, DESPITE HAVING COMPLETE CONTROL OF CONGRESS in 2010.
You can't defend mindless spending that makes George Bush look like Ebenezer Scrooge.

All those cries of "racist" by the left didn't keep them from getting their @$$&$ whipped by the Tea Party, during the midterms. And it certainly won't bail Obama out of his pitiful performance thus far.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 08:58:34 AM »
Clarence B. Jones

The release by the White House of President Obama's "official" birth certificate was a poignant reminder of just how deep and pervasive racism remains in our nation.Think about this: A sitting president has to "prove" to the nation that he was indeed born in America -- Hawaii -- and therefore eligibly qualified to be elected president of the United States!

Wow.
Really, pulling the race card. Doesnt surprise me, theyll never give up the race card when they can pull it any time they want and instantly turn themselves into the victim.
Dude was born to a Kenyan, and it was highly subject.
IMHO, any REAL leader would have done everything in his power to prove to the CITIZENS hes serving that he was 100% legal and deserving of that position.
What kind of leader a huge chunk of his people to wonder if he is actually LEGAL to be int he position his in? Thats rediculous. Being a LEADER means inspiring confidence in the people youre leading, not giving them the finger (and using it as a means of political leverage against youre detractors) when they ask to prove that youre legal for the office.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 05:02:31 AM »
Did I mention:

You can't lecture other people about "shared sacrifice", when your wife blows half-a-million bucks in Spain.

You can't yelp about tax increases on the rich, while you take every itemized deduction and tax break possible to save yourself HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of dollars.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 07:46:42 AM »
Did I mention:

You can't lecture other people about "shared sacrifice", when your wife blows half-a-million bucks in Spain.

You can't yelp about tax increases on the rich, while you take every itemized deduction and tax break possible to save yourself HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of dollars.

Yes. He did.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 10:14:12 PM »
The Despicable Racism of Donald Trump's 'Birth Certificate Crusade:

Goldie Taylor: Donald Trump and The Racist Roots of 'Birtherism'
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 10:28:15 PM »
Malignant 'White Hegemony' and Racism — Primary Driving Forces Behind Backward 'Birther Movement:

!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 10:32:07 PM »
With President Obama's Birth Certificate, Klansman Trump Reminds Blacks They Will Never Be American
i'm full of rage and sadness over the president's release of his birth certificate and donald trump's white supremacist gloating

!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 10:41:44 PM »
Who is that? Tyler Perry?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 08:11:41 AM »
LOL all black ppl playing the race card, what a suprise....