Author Topic: The new MD has me PISSED - comparing Branch to Dorian!  (Read 9116 times)

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
The new MD has me PISSED - comparing Branch to Dorian!
« on: April 29, 2011, 04:23:47 AM »
I rarely start threads, but I feel MOTHERFUCKIN' COMPELLED today after having read the new MD ! I'll keep this short. The new MD has a feature starring both Branch Warren and Dorian Yates. Here's the kicker ( and where my bp goes through the roof ) ... not only is Branch hittin' Yates's signature poses, but he's also being compared to him. "

The new Dorian ... " or some shit like that ( can't remember verbatim ) ! WHAT ... THE ... FUCK !!! Branch isn't even Dorian's league, for christ sake ( and I'm NOT a Dorian fan, btw ) ! If I was Dorian, I'd be fuckin' pissed ! Goddamnit ! Ok ... rant over. Any thoughts, opinions, etc. ?

Lifter_X

• Getbig II
Re: The new MD has me PISSED !
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 04:35:59 AM »
I rarely start threads, but I feel MOTHERFUCKIN' COMPELLED today after having read the new MD ! I'll keep this short. The new MD has a feature starring both Branch Warren and Dorian Yates. Here's the kicker ( and where my bp goes through the roof ) ... not only is Branch hittin' Yates's signature poses, but he's also being compared to him. " The new Dorian ... " or some shit like that ( can't remember verbatim ) ! WHAT ... THE ... FUCK !!! Branch isn't even Dorian's league, for christ sake ( and I'm NOT a Dorian fan, btw ) ! If I was Dorian, I'd be fuckin' pissed ! Goddamnit ! Ok ... rant over. Any thoughts, opinions, etc. ?

Branch's form would make Dorian puke

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 04:40:13 AM »
That's an insult to Dorian bottom line.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 04:47:40 AM »
 It's all business.

Dorian and Branch are the two best blue-collar, working man, white guy bodybuilders of the past couple decades.

They are marketted the same way, to the same target audience. Naturally they would try to bring them together for some kind of bullshit spectacle. They are both packaged and sold as gritty and tough macho dudes.

It's just to make money of course. Nothing more to it really. Everyone involved in just bullshitting and laughing their way to the bank. It's a charade. Just like about half the shit you see in the media.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 04:49:56 AM »
lol branch is a joke. branch cant even do macho because hes not. hes a goblin where everyone is laughing at.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 05:01:13 AM »
I rarely start threads, but I feel MOTHERFUCKIN' COMPELLED today after having read the new MD ! I'll keep this short. The new MD has a feature starring both Branch Warren and Dorian Yates. Here's the kicker ( and where my bp goes through the roof ) ... not only is Branch hittin' Yates's signature poses, but he's also being compared to him. " The new Dorian ... " or some shit like that ( can't remember verbatim ) ! WHAT ... THE ... FUCK !!! Branch isn't even Dorian's league, for christ sake ( and I'm NOT a Dorian fan, btw ) ! If I was Dorian, I'd be fuckin' pissed ! Goddamnit ! Ok ... rant over. Any thoughts, opinions, etc. ?

Did it also bother you when Priest hit Sergio's overhead biceps shot?
I think Lee is just as known for that pose, now, as Oliva.

I knew a guy who competed in NPC events.
He told me that the competitor "handbook" prohibits athletes from using other pros' signature poses onstage.
I don't know if this has ever been enforced.

I wonder if this was something done just for the magazine shoot, or is Branch is now going to start incoprorating Dorian's poses onstage?
Branch has mentioned several times that Dorian was a major inspiration to him and his training, and I doubt this is any kind of disrespect/sleight aimed at Yates.
On another hand, it's good that Dorian's name is still mentioned today.
I doubt he minds the free publicity, especially with his supplement line and gym chain.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 05:08:35 AM »
 8) All the way a big dude, crushes Branch with one arm.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 05:20:54 AM »

Lets just get past this and.....

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 05:23:06 AM »
You're way too invested in bodybuilding.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 05:29:42 AM »
They both have a contract with MD. It's just money. They don't care about the rest.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 07:06:13 AM »
* sigh * ..... the marketing side ... yeah, guys, I get that. Not MY point though. My point is this ... I'm Dorian " The MOTHERFUCKING Shadow " Yates ! And my name is being brought up in the same sentence as Branch Warren ? WTF ??!! I'm a legend, for fuck's sake ! Branch looks NOTHING like me and shouldn't even be in the same room as me unless he's fetchin' me some water. And make it quick, boy !!

Eh, it's pointless ... I've obviously got some mental issues I need to address ... ttyl ... ;D ;D ;D

Stavios

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 07:12:07 AM »
the comparaison is ridiculus but as far as getting pissed off because of that..... you need to relax my friend  ;D

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 07:37:01 AM »
Dorian is a legend.
Branch is a gnome.

Advantage Dorian.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 08:02:42 AM »
Seriously..?  Get a life.. When you're going through hard times..ask your great friend Dorian to cut you a check..

Who gives a shit!? You're a grown ass man,that's getting all sensitive about something no one gives a sh!t about..

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 08:09:57 AM »
* sigh * ..... the marketing side ... yeah, guys, I get that. Not MY point though. My point is this ... I'm Dorian " The MOTHERFUCKING Shadow " Yates ! And my name is being brought up in the same sentence as Branch Warren ? WTF ??!! I'm a legend, for fuck's sake ! Branch looks NOTHING like me and shouldn't even be in the same room as me unless he's fetchin' me some water. And make it quick, boy !!

Eh, it's pointless ... I've obviously got some mental issues I need to address ... ttyl ... ;D ;D ;D

Maybe the should have recycled some other old beaten to death topic instead?

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 08:29:32 AM »
You are all wrong my friends!
The reason why Branch and Dorian are compared in the last MD edition is because both of them have the healty good look that can be achieved naturally ( OK, maybe with a little help of DY nutrion supplements and Muscletech supplement) from the general population that train sporadically at your local health club! ;D

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 08:41:28 AM »
branch natural ::)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Re: The new MD has me PISSED - comparing Branch to Dorian!
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 08:44:39 AM »
I'm still waiting for my Muscle Training Illustrated to come in the mail.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 08:47:53 AM »
branch natural ::)
kiwiol tell mars Branch could be on roids it is really unclear without test results at the moment.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 09:05:27 AM »
I appreciate the heads up but this really doesn't affect me at all.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 09:59:28 AM »
Guys. I was being melodramatic. You know, " over the top " ? Obviously, that went over a lot of heads here ! Lol ! Trust me, I'm not sittin' here in tears over some damn magazine. I'm sittin' here in my recliner waitin' for this fat chick to come over my house so I can pull her nose into my steel wool. Peace out, fellas ! :)

P.S - I still think the comparison is stupid. But, oh, well. :)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 01:09:58 PM »
I rarely start threads, but I feel MOTHERFUCKIN' COMPELLED today after having read the new MD ! I'll keep this short. The new MD has a feature starring both Branch Warren and Dorian Yates. Here's the kicker ( and where my bp goes through the roof ) ... not only is Branch hittin' Yates's signature poses, but he's also being compared to him. "

The new Dorian ... " or some shit like that ( can't remember verbatim ) ! WHAT ... THE ... FUCK !!! Branch isn't even Dorian's league, for christ sake ( and I'm NOT a Dorian fan, btw ) ! If I was Dorian, I'd be fuckin' pissed ! Goddamnit ! Ok ... rant over. Any thoughts, opinions, etc. ?

I don't see what the problem is. They both look like shit. Good comparison.
!

Juruth

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 08:40:02 PM »
Steel wool??  Are you coloured?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 11:55:29 AM »
It's a slap in the face of Dorian - nothing more, nothing less.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2011, 11:59:47 AM »
It's a slap in the face of Dorian - nothing more, nothing less.
He's been smacked around before...he'll get over it.  ;D

!