Author Topic: Rashard Mendenhal - authentic moron  (Read 2233 times)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Rashard Mendenhal - authentic moron
« on: May 02, 2011, 11:44:12 PM »
God what a fucking lump this kid is. I always cringe when pro athletes discuss current events.

Steelers halfback Rashard Mendenhall, who talks softly during the football season, fired up a twitstorm on Twitter with some controversial comments Monday evening about the death of Osama bin Laden.

After he retweeted -- or repeated -- an announcement that ended with "Bin Laden is Dead," Mendenhall fired off a series of tweets that seemed to question why the terrorist leader had to die and whether the planes the terrorists flew into the World Trade Center towers were really what brought down the buildings.

It began with his first tweet:

"What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side ..."

He quickly followed by retweeting a comment sent to him that read, "I'm not convinced he was even behind the attacks we have really seen no evidence to prove it other than the gov telling us"

Mendenhall then tweeted a follow-up comment of his own:

"We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style"

And then another from Mendenhall:

"I believe in God. I believe we're ALL his children. And I believe HE is the ONE and ONLY judge."

He quickly followed with another:

"Those who judge others, will also be judged themselves."

And then another:

"For those of you who said you want to see Bin Laden burn in hell ... I ask how would God feel about your heart?"

Apparently after he started receiving negative comments, Mendenhall tweeted: "There is not an ignorant bone in my body. I just encourage you to #think"

And then his 30-minute series of tweets stopped.

Not surprising, Mendenhall received a wave of reaction on Twitter, much of it negative and filled with profanity.

His comments follow several weeks after he compared the lot of NFL players to that of slaves in the old South.

Some other comments sent directly to @R_Mendenhall on Twitter Monday evening:

"A new moron has entered the fray ..."

"@R_Mendenhall believes Bin Laden wasn't behind 9/11 & making millions in the NFL is = to slavery. And I thought his SB fumble was bad enough"

"I've heard him say that he wants all Americans to die, is that good enough for you?"

"So is @R_Mendenhall going to tell us we shouldn't hate Hitler next?"

"My guess is that @R_Mendenhall will not be tweeting for too much longer ..."

"Are you a structural engineer now? Would love to see you spout this nonsense to a widow or orphan of 9/11."

"Between this and agreeing with the slavery comment I sincerely hope you're not a Steeler anymore."

"@R_Mendenhall needs to get back on the field before he says something again."

A few were supportive, such as: "Continue to speak think freely and be your own man."

Mendenhall could not be reached, by phone or by Twitter, for comment. A Steelers spokesman said they would not have any immediate comment on Mendenhall's tweets.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11123/1143632-66-2.stm#ixzz1LGkrEFC1

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Rashard Mendenhal - authentic moron
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 03:55:09 AM »
LOL so he believes that bin laden is dead b/c the govt says so but not 9/11?

nice nice logic there...

earl some real winners you got up there, a rapist and a moron....;) I kid, I kid

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 10:54:52 AM »
Hey Rashard, here's an idea....take your football, tuck it under your arm and run as far deep into the forest as possible. And don't come back until next season starts.

Fucking imbecile....

And this talk of comparing NFL players to slaves of the old south? What the flying fuck are these dumb baboons talking about?? If you're a "slave" in the NFL, then you live a pretty damn good life. Jesus Christ....it makes me mental when then shitheads speak in public sometimes. Just shut the fuck up and continue being happy getting paid extremely well in a sport that you've been playing since you were a kid.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 11:29:54 AM »
I will cheer for him to blow out his ACL next season. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 02:04:26 PM »
Hey Rashard, here's an idea....take your football, tuck it under your arm and run as far deep into the forest as possible. And don't come back until next season starts.

Fucking imbecile....

And this talk of comparing NFL players to slaves of the old south? What the flying fuck are these dumb baboons talking about?? If you're a "slave" in the NFL, then you live a pretty damn good life. Jesus Christ....it makes me mental when then shitheads speak in public sometimes. Just shut the fuck up and continue being happy getting paid well to play a sport that you've been playing since you were a kid.

Agree.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 04:47:38 PM »
I read this earlier today. What a fucking c*nt. I liked watching that twat run, too.

Professional athletes need to learn to shut the fuck up.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 05:03:19 PM »
I caught this earlier today too... What a dipshit.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 06:48:29 PM »
LOL so he believes that bin laden is dead b/c the govt says so but not 9/11?

nice nice logic there...

earl some real winners you got up there, a rapist and a moron....;) I kid, I kid

they win where it counts

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 06:58:35 PM »
they win where it counts

E
hahah hope mike wallace has another break out year this year...he is one of my keepers for fantasy.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 10:03:40 PM »
The news keeps getting worse for Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall. Corporate sponsor Champion said Thursday it was firing him for his controversial tweets objecting to Americans celebrating the death of Osama bin Laden. Now, Champion says its refusing to pay out the balance of Mendenhall's endorsement contract that runs through 2015.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/05/champion-wont-pay-out-rashard-mendenhalls-contract-over-0911-tweets-pittsburgh-steelers-osama-bin-laden-nfl/1