Author Topic: Something to think about...If Ron "poop" Paul were President would he have....  (Read 3577 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
f Ron "poop" Paul were President would he have authorized Leon Panetta, the Seal Teams and the Joint Special Operations Command into Pakistan without regard to their sovereignty to get Osama Bin Laden?

Based on everything he has said indicates that he wouldn`t.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
I think he would if he got Pakistan's permission

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I think he would if he got Pakistan's permission
ROFLMAO!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL are you serious?

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
ROFLMAO!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL are you serious?

yea i am. I've read his foreign policy book.

I'm not saying it'd work, I'm just guessing what he would do.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

So you don`t think it would work.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
In a letter dated July 21, 2007, Dr. Paul states:

"I opposed giving the president power to wage unlimited and unchecked aggression. However, I did vote to support the use of force in Afghanistan. I also authored H.R. 3076, the September 11 Marque and Reprisal Act of 2001. A letter of marque and reprisal is a constitutional tool specifically designed to give the president the authority to respond with appropriate force to those non-state actors who wage aggression against the United States while limiting his authority to only those responsible for the atrocities of that day. Such a limited authorization is consistent with the doctrine of just war and the practical aim of keeping Americans safe while minimizing the costs in blood and treasure of waging such an operation." - Ron Paul

http://goronpaul.blogspot.com/2007/07/osama-bin-laden-wanted-dead-or-alive.html

H.R. 3076: September 11 Marque and Reprisal Act of 2001
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h107-3076

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
f Ron "poop" Paul were President would he have authorized Leon Panetta, the Seal Teams and the Joint Special Operations Command into Pakistan without regard to their sovereignty to get Osama Bin Laden?

Uniformed as usual I see.

Article I, Section 8, Clauses 10 and 11 of the U.S. Constitution grant Congress the power to offer a bounty and appoint stealth warriors, private companies and individuals, to capture or kill an enemy such as Osama bin Laden and his fellow terrorists, as well as seize their property.

In 2001 when Congressman Paul introduced his legislation to grant letters of marque and reprisal against Osama bin Laden, he said, "The founders and authors of our Constitution provided an answer for the difficult tasks that we now face. When a precise declaration of war was impossible due to the vagueness of our enemy, the Congress was expected to take it upon themselves to direct the reprisal against an enemy not recognized as a government."

Dr. Paul's marque and reprisal legislation did not pass in 2001. But Osama bin Laden is still at large. Therefore, Dr. Paul re-introduced his legislation a few days ago.

I opposed giving the president power to wage unlimited and unchecked aggression. However, I did vote to support the use of force in Afghanistan. I also authored H.R. 3076, the September 11 Marque and Reprisal Act of 2001. A letter of marque and reprisal is a constitutional tool specifically designed to give the president the authority to respond with appropriate force to those non-state actors who wage aggression against the United States while limiting his authority to only those responsible for the atrocities of that day. Such a limited authorization is consistent with the doctrine of just war and the practical aim of keeping Americans safe while minimizing the costs in blood and treasure of waging such an operation.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V

"I opposed giving the president power to wage unlimited and unchecked aggression. However, I did vote to support the use of force in Afghanistan. I also authored H.R. 3076, the September 11 Marque and Reprisal Act of 2001. A letter of marque and reprisal is a constitutional tool specifically designed to give the president the authority to respond with appropriate force to those non-state actors who wage aggression against the United States while limiting his authority to only those responsible for the atrocities of that day. Such a limited authorization is consistent with the doctrine of just war and the practical aim of keeping Americans safe while minimizing the costs in blood and treasure of waging such an operation." - Ron Paul

Beat me to it.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Beat me to it.

That's okay.  TA needs to see this twice anyway.    ;D

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

I like this guy

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Well at least the legislation he supports, but whether he would carry it out is a different story.  Mr. Magoo after reading Ron Paul`s book states that he would have called the Pakistani leadership first.

Do you Ron Paul supporters think he would also do this?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Well at least the legislation he supports, but whether he would carry it out is a different story.  Mr. Magoo after reading Ron Paul`s book states that he would have called the Pakistani leadership first.

Do you Ron Paul supporters think he would also do this?

Why don't you just post the Ron Paul quote that let you to believe that?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
http://www.issues2000.org/2008/Ron_Paul_Homeland_Security.htm

No presidential power for secret surveillance

Q: Does the president have inherent powers under the Constitution to conduct surveillance for national security purposes without judicial warrants, regardless of federal statutes?
A: Absolutely not.
Q: Does the Constitution permit a president to detain US citizens without charges as unlawful enemy combatants?
A: No.
Source: Boston Globe questionnaire on Executive Power Dec 20, 2007

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Q: Does the president have inherent powers under the Constitution to conduct surveillance for national security purposes without judicial warrants, regardless of federal statutes?
Q: Does the Constitution permit a president to detain US citizens without charges as unlawful enemy combatants?

Yeah, so?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
Yeah, so?

Yup another pointless remark from TA.

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

So you are saying that Ron Paul doesnt want to conduct surveillance with out proper cause?
And that he doesnt want to detain people before he can charge them.? My god your right what an asshole

MB

• Getbig IV
So was 10 years of war (and counting) and the endless debt worth killing Bin Laden?     

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
So was 10 years of war (and counting) and the endless debt worth killing Bin Laden?     

Killing Osama after all this time is the very definition of a Pyrrhic victory.
I hate the State.

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Maybe not but sometimes justice cost a buck

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
So you are saying that Ron Paul doesnt want to conduct surveillance with out proper cause?
And that he doesnt want to detain people before he can charge them.? My god your right what an asshole
He a loon for wanting to completely dismantle the CIA, NSA, Department of Homeland Security and FBI.

Sorry, the man is weak on defense and especially on counter-terrorism.  He abolishment proclamation is just plain stupid.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
 TA, you really need to read a little more about  some of the stances he takes before you mock him. You're making judgments without all the information. He's not perfect but at least get the info right if you're going to make accusations.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V

So you read his book on the subject but now you're "guessing" at what he would do

ok......

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

YES!  I knew Pooper would not have done it.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/12/paul-killing-obl-absolutely-was-not-necessary/