Author Topic: Unanswered Questions in Christianity!!..  (Read 15891 times)

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
Re: Unanswered Questions in Christianity!!..
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 10:24:41 PM »
atheism > christianity > islam

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 11:20:11 PM »
i dont know anything about global statistics regarding conversion rates between islam and christianity.. but i know that within american culture over the past century or so it has become "hip" to bash christianity.

and islam experienced a big boost in popularity during the second half of the last century due to it being viewed as exotic and having celebrities like mike tyson and malcolm x convert as well.

so ya maybe that explains  some of it

if we are talking about the middle east in particular, i think its because christianity is associated with the west and seen as corrpupt while islam is associated with the peoples heritage and ancestors and inspires pride.

lol at you relating this to icons like tyson or mohamed ali.. or even the fact that nasser himself is muslim ;D..

in egypt where i live i know a lot of ppl and heard about more and more ppl who have left christianity to be muslims and it really has nothing to do with our view to the west because christainity in the middle east is a totally different story than in the west but still either in the middle east or in the west more and more ppl convert to islam..

in my humble opinion it's because christianity contains a lot of contradictions and unbelievable stories.. a lot of weak points that create a lot of arguments..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 11:23:34 PM »
Bro more people convert to christian from islam then the other way around. The only reason Muslims is on the rise is because the majority of Muslims come from third world countries and they haven't modernized yet producing 8-12 kids pert family while christian countries only produce 2-3 kids per family and there is more liberty on Christan countries to believe what you want while Islamic nations have cruel and unjust punishments for whoever turns their back on their faith. Your opening statement (lets pretend it is true for a second) is proof that Islamic people are utterly terrified of turning their backs on their faith because of Islamic fundamentalist that would persecute them if they did so. C'mon just imagine if a 16 year old female in Pakistan told her father that she is turning to Christianity versus a female in England telling her father that she is becoming a Muslim.
  Your argument is flawed completely and everybody can see except for you

i hope you are not talking about those poor africans whom are paid money to be christians and they convert on papers only with their core still muslim!!..

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2011, 11:44:25 PM »
i hope you are not talking about those poor africans whom are paid money to be christians and they convert on papers only with their core still muslim!!..
You replied to my first sentence. What is your thoughts on the rest of what I wrote

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 12:03:02 AM »
... if nasser wasn't a muslim but a "fill in whatever"... whould you still be such an extremist fan?

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 12:09:40 AM »
to me,
religion is a man made invention used to surpress peolple.
all kinds of rules to listen to, if you do, not you're doomed!
sure there is more to meet the eye, it is life itself!
the power of nature/life.... that is the ultimate force!
it is energie..... all that is living have it, all in contact with each other.

any slight intelligent person does not blindly follow some stupid manmade book!
be it a bible or the koran.... or something else....

religion killed more people then any other weapon ever will
Be Happy,
Optimus

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 12:42:07 AM »
i was raised and born catholic... i went to church every wednesday and sunday with my family... as soon as i turned 18 my dad told me.."now son its your choice of what you want to do you are a grown man".. i havent been to church once... since then.. and im 30 now... to me religion is no different then mythology.. just a bunch of fake stories to manipulate people...
real men= no rubbers

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 01:13:43 AM »
to me,
sure there is more to meet the eye, it is life itself!
the power of nature/life.... that is the ultimate force!
it is energie..... all that is living have it, all in contact with each other.

any slight intelligent person does not blindly follow some stupid manmade book!
be it a bible or the koran.... or something else....

religion killed more people then any other weapon ever will

Can't prove anything in life but I can prove this.........Smarter people then you have believed in God and also dumber, This doesn't mean its true because intelligents really has nothing to do with faith in God. Your statement very ignorant.
i was raised and born catholic... i went to church every wednesday and sunday with my family... as soon as i turned 18 my dad told me.."now son its your choice of what you want to do you are a grown man".. i havent been to church once... since then.. and im 30 now... to me religion is no different then mythology.. just a bunch of fake stories to manipulate people...
Would your dad have told you that if you guys were muslim :D

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 01:56:45 AM »
Bro more people convert to christian from islam then the other way around. The only reason Muslims is on the rise is because the majority of Muslims come from third world countries and they haven't modernized yet producing 8-12 kids pert family while christian countries only produce 2-3 kids per family and there is more liberty on Christan countries to believe what you want while Islamic nations have cruel and unjust punishments for whoever turns their back on their faith. Your opening statement (lets pretend it is true for a second) is proof that Islamic people are utterly terrified of turning their backs on their faith because of Islamic fundamentalist that would persecute them if they did so. C'mon just imagine if a 16 year old female in Pakistan told her father that she is turning to Christianity versus a female in England telling her father that she is becoming a Muslim.
  Your argument is flawed completely and everybody can see except for you

I agree.. Muslims are fearful to leave their faith because of the consequences of being killed from stupid fanatics and they have valid scriptures straight from the Quran to justify their blood thirsty violence..

Christianity is a choice for everyone.. Anyone has the freedom to choose even if they are born in Christian family
While Islam is imputed and you have no choice whatsoever.. If you're born by Muslim parents, you're fucked with these choices - continue to be a Muslim and live or die for leaving the faith (unless you leave your family and escape to another country)

That's why some Muslim idiots would claim that in the next few decades Islam will dominate the world because of the lack of freedom.
I am a mini beast

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 01:58:18 AM »

Imagine you're born in a Muslim family mate... At your 18th your dad will instead say this "now son, it's time for you to step up for Allah and be a martyr"

You're surely fucked with fanatism, raping foreign tourists and escape justice or making bombs
I am a mini beast

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2011, 02:03:25 AM »
yes bro. i have one question.. in your opinion why a lot of ppl convert from christianity to islam every day around the world while none really leaves islam to be christian.. when this was happening in previous eras when muslims were strong it was normal but i am talking about now while muslims status is weak and not encouraging!!..

sorry bro... but talking from everyday life here... more muslims stop believing and become atheists than christians converting to islam... very rare cases of people converting from christianity to islam, but once it happens, it become propoganda and you have 20,000 emails sent per second about how millions convert, and this is one example... for the past ten years i've been hearing about massive numbers of christians converting to islam, but only saw two or three real examples by name and they are all repeated in those emails.

you don't hear about muslims stop believing because if you did, the next day you'd hear the news of their death. LOL!

didn't read the whole thread, but just incase it isn't mentioned...

religion of peace  ::)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2011, 08:34:21 AM »
sorry bro... but talking from everyday life here... more muslims stop believing and become atheists than christians converting to islam... very rare cases of people converting from christianity to islam, but once it happens, it become propoganda and you have 20,000 emails sent per second about how millions convert, and this is one example... for the past ten years i've been hearing about massive numbers of christians converting to islam, but only saw two or three real examples by name and they are all repeated in those emails.you don't hear about muslims stop believing because if you did, the next day you'd hear the news of their death. LOL!

didn't read the whole thread, but just incase it isn't mentioned...

religion of peace  ::)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
QFT

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2011, 09:39:26 PM »
If it is true that old Bin Laden is buried in the middle of the sea, then it is also true that he is surrounded by..."GASP!!"  Water!  Which means...Oh NOOOOoooooo!!!!!

allah can't see his most favored servant!  He cannot deliver the "virgins"!!  Oh, the horror.  The huge-manatee!!! 

FTN.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2011, 08:40:36 AM »
Unanswered question about Islam: Why do most Muslims smell like garbage and refuse to brush their teeth? Does the Koran command a holy war against personal hygiene as well as the infidel?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2011, 10:39:30 AM »
Unanswered question about Islam: Why do most Muslims smell like garbage and refuse to brush their teeth? Does the Koran command a holy war against personal hygiene as well as the infidel?
Man you're cold

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2011, 10:45:43 AM »
Can't prove anything in life but I can prove this.........Smarter people then you have believed in God and also dumber, This doesn't mean its true because intelligents really has nothing to do with faith in God. Your statement very ignorant.Would your dad have told you that if you guys were muslim :D
i never said i thought of myself as intelligent , or not...
you do not know me or how intgelligent i am.
and to blindly follow some manwritten book, and not think with the brain you think god gave you.... is not very bright. That is what i said.
do you not agree?
Be Happy,
Optimus

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2011, 08:03:18 PM »
i never said i thought of myself as intelligent , or not...
you do not know me or how intelligent i am.
and to blindly follow some manwritten book, and not think with the brain you think god gave you.... is not very bright. That is what i said.
do you not agree?
My post has nothing to do with you being dumb or smart, actually based on a few points you've made i think you're smart. My point was that people that believe in God are on both end of the spectrum (dumb and smart) Obviously following a book that is man written is being dumb I agree but not with the Bible because people that follow the Bible believe that the people that were writing it where directed by the Holy spirit. If God can create the universe clearly he can direct a few writers in the right direction, sure it sounds a little bit irrational but the alternative to this is also irrational that everything you see in the universe was created by nothing(nothing produced everything sounds pretty dumb to me but if that's what you believe then that doesn't make you dumb)

My point is our origins have a beginning and no matter how you cut it, anything a mind can come up with is bizarre, irrational and needs a little hocus pocus for an explanation.

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 12:21:38 PM »
My post has nothing to do with you being dumb or smart, actually based on a few points you've made i think you're smart. My point was that people that believe in God are on both end of the spectrum (dumb and smart) Obviously following a book that is man written is being dumb I agree but not with the Bible because people that follow the Bible believe that the people that were writing it where directed by the Holy spirit. If God can create the universe clearly he can direct a few writers in the right direction, sure it sounds a little bit irrational but the alternative to this is also irrational that everything you see in the universe was created by nothing(nothing produced everything sounds pretty dumb to me but if that's what you believe then that doesn't make you dumb)

My point is our origins have a beginning and no matter how you cut it, anything a mind can come up with is bizarre, irrational and needs a little hocus pocus for an explanation.
agreed, my point was actually to use ones own mind to figure these things out.
and indeed to think that something was created out of nothing is very weird.
drives a man crazy lol!
Be Happy,
Optimus

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 07:36:05 AM »

Stick to pumping iron...
I hate the State.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 11:38:27 PM »
Stick to pumping iron...
What that suppose to mean :'(

I might lose sleep because deicide thinks I am dumb ::)
I've been missing for 2 years from here and you're still here trying to prove Christians wrong on a regular basis, bro you need to move on with your life. This behavior is out of hatred no matter how you see it, don't you think?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2011, 12:39:26 PM »
What that suppose to mean :'(

I might lose sleep because deicide thinks I am dumb ::)
I've been missing for 2 years from here and you're still here trying to prove Christians wrong on a regular basis, bro you need to move on with your life. This behavior is out of hatred no matter how you see it, don't you think?

Sadly my life revolves around you...
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2011, 04:34:08 PM »
agreed, my point was actually to use ones own mind to figure these things out.
and indeed to think that something was created out of nothing is very weird.
drives a man crazy lol!
what makes you think that religious ppl dont do this?

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2011, 04:59:43 AM »
what makes you think that religious ppl dont do this?
do what?
think with their own mind?
no actually i don't !
christianity has it's bible....
islam has it's koran
etc etc, every religion has it's book.... of rules...
you either live by them, or you will be punished. ie: go to hell... or will not reach a higher level of consciousness like with budism.
it is really all the same, religion has been invented to surpress people.
it's all about power and money, always was always will be.
look at the vatican, alot of money there!!! look at islam, alot of money there!
etc etc etc.... billion dollar industry we call religion.
and really if you want answers... just look around you, you can see it.... it is life itself!
because , in the worst situations, in the worst times, someone will do the right thing...a good deed without caring for him or herself....
it does not happen often, because this generation is fuc#$ed, but it does happen still.
and als don't know if you have kids.... when my baby girl smiles at me, i know why i am here.... there is my answer, to me that is magic....

i respect people who believe.... but i do not think they use their own mind.
but it's just my opinion really.
Be Happy,
Optimus

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2011, 07:20:45 AM »
to me,

When you refer to "religion" as above you must be excluding Christianity, correct?

Christianity (which is not the same as the denomination of today's Roman Catholicism) is not based on works or as you say "all kinds of rules [that if you don't do] you're doomed!"

In Christianity...."You are saved by grace through faith, and not of works, so that no one can boast." EPH 2:8,9.

Christianity emphasizes belief in Christ, and then helping others.  How is that suppressive?

R

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2011, 09:12:26 AM »
When you refer to "religion" as above you must be excluding Christianity, correct?

Christianity (which is not the same as the denomination of today's Roman Catholicism) is not based on works or as you say "all kinds of rules [that if you don't do] you're doomed!"

In Christianity...."You are saved by grace through faith, and not of works, so that no one can boast." EPH 2:8,9.

Christianity emphasizes belief in Christ, and then helping others.  How is that suppressive?

ever heard of the 10 commandments?
and roman catholicism is also a christianic religion, am i wrong?
first there was judism... which has led christianity to be born and also the islam....
so really all the same...
funny that even islam has it's roots with the same religion than christianity...
shows you how stupid it all really is!
Be Happy,
Optimus