Author Topic: Bush Declines Obama's Invitation To Ground Zero  (Read 981 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Bush Declines Obama's Invitation To Ground Zero
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:14:50 PM »
May 3, 2011
Bush Declines Obama’s Invitation to Ground Zero
By MARK LANDLER and PETER BAKER

WASHINGTON – President Obama invited former President George W. Bush to join him at Ground Zero in New York City on Thursday to mark the killing of Osama Bin Laden, but Mr. Bush declined, a spokesman for the former president confirmed on Tuesday.

“President Bush will not be in attendance on Thursday,” said his spokesman, David Sherzer. “He appreciated the invite, but has chosen in his post-presidency to remain largely out of the spotlight. He continues to celebrate with Americans this important victory in the war on terror.”

The White House did not confirm that the invitation had been made or comment on Mr. Bush’s rejection of it. Mr. Obama has talked this week of his hope that the successful raid on Bin Laden could serve as a unifying force in a country divided by battles over fiscal policy and many other issues. Many Republicans have praised Mr. Obama for the success of the operation.

On Monday, White House officials said Mr. Obama would go to Lower Manhattan to visit the site of the World Trade Center towers and meet with families of the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks, which were masterminded by Bin Laden. Since leaving the White House, Mr. Bush has generally stayed out of the public eye, and avoided commenting on his successor. He made an exception last year when Mr. Obama asked him and former President Bill Clinton to travel to Haiti after the earthquake as his emissaries.

Mr. Bush spent much of his presidency presiding over the hunt for Bin Laden. A few days after Sept. 11, , he made one of the most dramatic public appearances of his presidency, standing atop the smoldering ruins of the towers and speaking to the rescue workers on a firefighter’s bullhorn.

!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Bush Declines Obama's Invitation To Ground Zero
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 08:17:22 PM »
Bullshit on w's part.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »
Bullshit on w's part.   

maybe he had better things to do.

who's on "Ellen" tomorrow?  Dubya likes to watch daily, I'm sure.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 08:41:41 PM »
Classy move by Bush. I have no problem with it. It's Obama's moment-- he should be able to have the spotlight even though he owes the entire operation to GW and his policies.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 09:05:04 PM »
Hard as the pebble brained reflexively right wing dopes may try, they don't even believe their "Bush deserves the credit" bullshit.
Deserves credit for destroying Iraq, absolutely.  ;)
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 09:08:24 PM »
Bush wasn't concerned with bin laden, he said in his own words.
Bush did scale back the search.
But without a doubt, Bush policy and actions set fwd the course of action that did lead to his killing.  Bush gets some credit, sure!
\

C.I.A. Closes Unit Focused on Capture of bin Laden
By MARK MAZZETTI
Published: July 4, 2006

WASHINGTON, July 3 — The Central Intelligence Agency has closed a unit that for a decade had the mission of hunting Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants, intelligence officials confirmed Monday.

The unit, known as Alec Station, was disbanded late last year and its analysts reassigned within the C.I.A. Counterterrorist Center, the officials said.

The decision is a milestone for the agency, which formed the unit before Osama bin Laden became a household name and bolstered its ranks after the Sept. 11 attacks, when President Bush pledged to bring Mr. bin Laden to justice "dead or alive."

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 09:10:06 PM »
But without a doubt, Bush policy and actions set fwd the course of action that did lead to his killing.  Bush gets some credit, sure!
\

By MARK MAZZETTI

WASHINGTON, July 3 — The Central Intelligence Agency has closed a unit that for a decade had the mission of hunting Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants, intelligence officials confirmed Monday.

The unit, known as Alec Station, was disbanded late last year and its analysts reassigned within the C.I.A. Counterterrorist Center, the officials said.

The decision is a milestone for the agency, which formed the unit before Osama bin Laden became a household name and bolstered its ranks after the Sept. 11 attacks, when President Bush pledged to bring Mr. bin Laden to justice "dead or alive."

Facts: the enemy of CT morons and idiots the world over

The article refers to the CIA section that hunted him. Bush enlarged JSOC and they became the primary organization that hunted Bin Laden...various names TF 19, TF Black, TF 16 have been used to call the small units hunting him. They were all supported by the CIA/DIA and other organizations. Bush took SOCOM and made it a combatant command on pare with CENTCOM etc. He drove the budget up almost 8 Billion as President. Barry had the guts to use a tool created by Bush. Bush gets as much credit for this and Barry does....name one President since 1980, besides Clinton, who would not have ordered this.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 10:10:01 PM »
Classy move by Bush. I have no problem with it. It's Obama's moment-- he should be able to have the spotlight even though he owes the entire operation to GW and his policies.

Agree.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 10:26:03 PM »
I have very little opinion... Obama invited, Bush declined... no big.

Bush is no longer POTUS and he knows that... he had enough stress in his life for 8 years, he's cool hanging in Crawford.

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 03:45:19 AM »

Ehh Bush dropped the ball on Bin Laden and went after Saddam instead. What the hell are you talking about?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 06:04:57 AM »
Ehh Bush dropped the ball on Bin Laden and went after Saddam instead. What the hell are you talking about?

I usually don't respond to you because your a complete moron, but I will make an exception in this case. You do realize that Osamas death is the direct result of every single policy and piece of intelligence collected under GW's watch right?

Bush didn't drop the ball on Bin Laden you stupid fuck. Saddam has nothing to do with Bin Ladens death. Keep grasping for Straws though. Its comical to watch you make an ass out of yourself.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 06:07:19 AM »
I dont remember the left cheering Bush when we caught KSM.   Go figure.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 06:24:16 AM »
\

By MARK MAZZETTI

It's Bush's work that we credit for helping Obama get Bin Laden. I don't see you harping over Obama's words, two years ago, saying that while it was his preference to kill or capture Bin Laden, it wasn't essential to do so. Weakening his infrastructure was more important.

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 06:26:33 AM »
I usually don't respond to you because your a complete moron, but I will make an exception in this case. You do realize that Osamas death is the direct result of every single policy and piece of intelligence collected under GW's watch right?

Bush didn't drop the ball on Bin Laden you stupid fuck. Saddam has nothing to do with Bin Ladens death. Keep grasping for Straws though. Its comical to watch you make an ass out of yourself.

So dividing our military between Iraq and Afghanistan and focusing the effort away from AQ has nothing to do with Bin Laden. I strongly disagree

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 06:29:25 AM »
So dividing our military between Iraq and Afghanistan and focusing the effort away from AQ has nothing to do with Bin Laden. I strongly disagree

Bin Laden wasn't even in Afghanistan moron. He was in Pakistan. The war on terror was Bush's idea. So was Guantanamo, so was the Patriot Act so was enhanced interrogation. I know its hard to wrap your walnut sized brain around reality, but those things are what led to Bin Laden being killed.

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 06:39:05 AM »
Bin Laden wasn't even in Afghanistan moron. He was in Pakistan. The war on terror was Bush's idea. So was Guantanamo, so was the Patriot Act so was enhanced interrogation. I know its hard to wrap your walnut sized brain around reality, but those things are what led to Bin Laden being killed.

Saddam and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. The Bush administration used it as an excuse to invade Iraq. If he had used our full military capacity against AQ Osama would have been history long ago. Instead we used a shit load of money and lifes in Iraq thereby dropping the ball on Bin Laden.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 06:40:27 AM »
Saddam and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. The Bush administration used it as an excuse to invade Iraq. If he had used our full military capacity against AQ Osama would have been history long ago. Instead we used a shit load of money and lifes in Iraq thereby dropping the ball on Bin Laden.

We only got OBL as a result of getting the scumbag courier in Iraq. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 09:17:38 AM »
you mother fuckers are amazing.. Dude is dead.. a combined effort of Bush first and Obama finishing.. you cant win a race if you dont start it.. you fuckin idiots make everything partisan.. i swear that shit is hella gay...fuckin fags

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 09:22:45 AM »
you mother fuckers are amazing.. Dude is dead.. a combined effort of Bush first and Obama finishing.. you cant win a race if you dont start it.. you fuckin idiots make everything partisan.. i swear that shit is hella gay...fuckin fags

did you read my first post?   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 09:26:48 AM »
did you read my first post?   

im not talking about you.. you were mature in your post.. its these other fuckin dorks..

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 02:07:08 PM »
The guy who led to the execution of Bi  Laden was captured.....in IRAQ.  Bush did the right thing. He doesn't want or need to be associated with Barry's victory lap.
L