Author Topic: Rand Paul wants the government to stop telling us what to buy or what we can buy  (Read 868 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I love that clip.   

Rand Paul makes a better presentation than his father does.   I like both of them obviously.  However, Rand has a way of presenting things in a very non-threatening way. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I love that clip.   

Rand Paul makes a better presentation than his father does.   I like both of them obviously.  However, Rand has a way of presenting things in a very non-threatening way. 

I'd say the opposite; I like the clip for that very reason.
I hate the State.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
I watched up to 2:30

I disagree with him. People aren't able to make "choices" the same way that people would choose to not go to the town blacksmith if he had bad business practices. Corporations are global, we can't see what they are doing. We can't see the 70 year old chinese grandmother sticking her hands in toxins all day just so I can buy item X cheaper at Wal-mart. Free market choices automatically assumes that the consumer has full knowledge and is able to make an accurate judgement. That is no longer the case. I can't see the environment cost that my f-350 produces, all I can see is that it looks cool.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Screw you.  As if obama, Hillary, GWB, Newt, and TPaw are better to make decisions for you? 

Take your bright ideas and shove em up your ass. 

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
Screw you.  As if obama, Hillary, GWB, Newt, and TPaw are better to make decisions for you? 

Take your bright ideas and shove em up your ass. 

that's your response?  ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
that's your response?  ???

Yes, I dont want or need these hacks like obama, hillary, pelosi, newt, boehner, cantor, ryan, newt, etc making decisions for me.  Fuck that.   

Rand Paul is spot on in this clip.  Like I have said many times, Rand Paul is bar none the best political donation i have ever made in my life.

He will either be a VP or pres one day.         

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V

Yes, I dont want or need these hacks like obama, hillary, pelosi, newt, boehner, cantor, ryan, newt, etc making decisions for me.  Fuck that.   

Rand Paul is spot on in this clip.  Like I have said many times, Rand Paul is bar none the best political donation i have ever made in my life.

He will either be a VP or pres one day.         

why don't you address the points I made in my post? I know that you might not like it, but what is wrong about my post? If you believe that consumers have full information about the cost/benefits of a given market interaction, then say so and explain why. If you think that todays world is different than going to the town blacksmith, then why don't you agree that there should be some incentives to weigh what choices consumers buy? Do you think there should be government placed market incentives to make clean energy less expensive while making coal more expensive? If the consumer only cares about the less pricey option, then why keep clinging onto coal? It's using the market forces to help the environment because the average consumer does not have enough information to make a true market decision.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Most of the so called 'enviro impact" is pure bullshit peddled by enviro-nazis who want us in tents. 

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
Most of the so called 'enviro impact" is pure bullshit peddled by enviro-nazis who want us in tents. 

...and this is where I stop checking this thread for replies....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
...and this is where I stop checking this thread for replies....

Really?   please tell me one doomsday scenario by the enviro cult that has ever panned out. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
Really?   please tell me one doomsday scenario by the enviro cult that has ever panned out. 

Easter Island

http://www.int-res.com/articles/esep/2004/E50.pdf

::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Easter Island

http://www.int-res.com/articles/esep/2004/E50.pdf

::)

Yeah - and we are not functioning, productive, etc.    ::)  ::) 

I really dont know where you would come up with the idea that obama, newt, hillary, cantor, boehner, etc somehow know better than you to make decisions for your life than you do.     

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V

Yeah - and we are not functioning, productive, etc.    ::)  ::) 

I really dont know where you would come up with the idea that obama, newt, hillary, cantor, boehner, etc somehow know better than you to make decisions for your life than you do.     

lmao you really are dumb in regards to this topic aren't you?

want me to compile a list of homework readings for you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I really dont give a flying fuck.  You and your communist starry eyed pukes can fuck off and die for all I care.   Take your green "bright eye ideas" and shove them up your ass for all i care.   

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
lmao you really are dumb in regards to this topic aren't you?

want me to compile a list of homework readings for you?

To be fair, I don't think Easter Island and modern America are analogous and I pretty familiar with Easter Island.
I hate the State.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
To be fair, I don't think Easter Island and modern America are analogous and I pretty familiar with Easter Island.

did you read the article? It's more about the world being easter island as populations increase over the carrying capacity and resources are overused.

333 asked for one concern of environmentalists that has played out in history, and this is one.