Author Topic: The Interrupted Reading: The Kids with George W. Bush on 9/11  (Read 357 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Tuesday, May 03, 2011

One thing they'd like to tell Bush's critics — like liberal filmmaker Michael Moore, whose 2004 documentary Fahrenheit 911 disparaged Bush for lingering almost 10 minutes with the Booker students after getting word that two planes had crashed into New York's World Trade Center — is that they think the President did the right thing. "I think he was trying to keep everybody calm, starting with us," says Guerrero. Dubrocq agrees: "I think he was trying to protect us." Booker Principal Gwendolyn Tose'-Rigell, who died in 2007, later insisted, "I don't think anyone could have handled it better. What would it have served if [Bush] had jumped out of his chair and ran out of the room?"

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2069327,00.html#ixzz1LOx9mH9c

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: The Interrupted Reading: The Kids with George W. Bush on 9/11
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 09:40:40 AM »
I think Reagan would have let the kid finish the page, he would have stood up, smiled, given them all thanks for their reading today, then had his team lead him out of the room.

Of course, Ari Fleischer was holding up a sign that said "Sit tight", isn't that correct?  Bush doing what his handlers told him.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 09:45:44 AM »
I think Reagan would have let the kid finish the page, he would have stood up, smiled, given them all thanks for their reading today, then had his team lead him out of the room.

Of course, Ari Fleischer was holding up a sign that said "Sit tight", isn't that correct?  Bush doing what his handlers told him.

This was another low moment for the bush haters and far left communist traitors to trash bush over this.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 11:16:21 AM »
Tuesday, May 03, 2011

One thing they'd like to tell Bush's critics — like liberal filmmaker Michael Moore, whose 2004 documentary Fahrenheit 911 disparaged Bush for lingering almost 10 minutes with the Booker students after getting word that two planes had crashed into New York's World Trade Center — is that they think the President did the right thing. "I think he was trying to keep everybody calm, starting with us," says Guerrero. Dubrocq agrees: "I think he was trying to protect us." Booker Principal Gwendolyn Tose'-Rigell, who died in 2007, later insisted, "I don't think anyone could have handled it better. What would it have served if [Bush] had jumped out of his chair and ran out of the room?"

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2069327,00.html#ixzz1LOx9mH9c

Good find.  I agree with the late principal.