Author Topic: GSP's eye post fight...  (Read 5493 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
GSP's eye post fight...
« on: May 04, 2011, 11:59:45 AM »

w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: GSP's eye post fight...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 12:01:17 PM »
That's pretty fucked up looking.  The pupils are not aligned...
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 09:36:11 AM »
Update:

"Rush" tweets that he's suffering from a condition known as "Hyphema," which is described by people smarter than me as "bleeding in the front portion of the eye leading to ocular pain, light sensitivity and blurred vision."

The good news is his retina is "fine" and his vision is expected to return to 100-percent in the very near future.
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 12:25:51 PM »
Looks more like a case of "ocular-vaginitis" brought on the surprise of Shields landing jabs to his eye and not knowing how to handle getting punched. ;D

One more fight for GSP. One more excuse apology for not finishing the fight. :)

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 08:16:34 AM »
I wish GSP would stop being overly conservative and start finishing fights again.  But his eye is a result of an eye poke!

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 09:01:18 AM »
I wish GSP would stop being overly conservative and start finishing fights again.  But his eye is a result of an eye poke!

Thank you Mr. Obvious.

The question is whether it was intentional.  I say it wasn't. 

w8m8

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 10:25:02 AM »
Thank you Mr. Obvious.

The question is whether it was intentional.  I say it wasn't. 

I have to disagree .. it looks intentional to me  :-\

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 10:41:23 AM »
IMO you can't tell Shield's intentions unless you ask him and he admits.  Fighters throw punches all the time is barely clenched fists...  AND most don't clench until the point of impact.  Fingers are flying around all the time.

w8m8

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 10:45:42 AM »
IMO you can't tell Shield's intentions unless you ask him and he admits.  Fighters throw punches all the time is barely clenched fists...  AND most don't clench until the point of impact.  Fingers are flying around all the time.

:-\  the position of his hand doesn't suggest to me he intended to close his fist up and make contact with a fist at all ... I'm not being argumentative .. I'm just saying how I see it

it wouldn't be the first time someone did such a thing .. and it won't be the last

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 03:58:08 PM »
That's probably the most beat-up i've seen GSP after a bout.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »
That's probably the most beat-up i've seen GSP after a bout.

you should watch his 1st fight with BJ...
w

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 10:38:59 AM »
Looks more like a case of "ocular-vaginitis" brought on the surprise of Shields landing jabs to his eye and not knowing how to handle getting punched. ;D

One more fight for GSP. One more excuse apology for not finishing the fight. :)

It's insane that people actually knock GSP.  He is the best fighter in the world.  He has gutted a very very competitive welterweight division.  He takes on anybody, and it's never even close.  I just don't get it when people detract from his dominance.  I think he's the best MMA fighter in the world, and a totally classy guy as well.  I don't find his fights boring in the least bit.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 10:47:53 AM »

I have to disagree .. it looks intentional to me  :-\

I did not see the fight, but judging from the picture you've shown, wouldn't that be the wrong eye?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 10:50:46 AM »
It's insane that people actually knock GSP.  He is the best fighter in the world.  He has gutted a very very competitive welterweight division.  He takes on anybody, and it's never even close.  I just don't get it when people detract from his dominance.  I think he's the best MMA fighter in the world, and a totally classy guy as well.  I don't find his fights boring in the least bit.

GSP is an extremely talented fighter and superb representative of the sport.

But I feel that having the reputation for being a boring fighter is warranted.

Unless GSP fights Nick Diaz next, I won't buy into the hype that GSP's fight will be exciting.

I know what to expect.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 10:51:33 AM »
It's insane that people actually knock GSP.  He is the best fighter in the world.  He has gutted a very very competitive welterweight division.  He takes on anybody, and it's never even close.  I just don't get it when people detract from his dominance.  I think he's the best MMA fighter in the world, and a totally classy guy as well.  I don't find his fights boring in the least bit.

People just want to see spectacular KOs and expect that from great fighters like GSP.  But, I agree with everything you said.  I think he is P4P the best fighter (ever).  I don't see anyone posing any threat to him at 170.  You can't say the same about the champs in the other weight classes.  Even Anderson, who many consider the best P4P, showed his vulnerability against Chael.  I think that if there was an Anderson/Chael rematch, it would be a toss up.  There are no toss up fights for GSP at 170...
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 11:06:40 AM »
People just want to see spectacular KOs and expect that from great fighters like GSP.  But, I agree with everything you said.  I think he is P4P the best fighter (ever).  I don't see anyone posing any threat to him at 170.  You can't say the same about the champs in the other weight classes.  Even Anderson, who many consider the best P4P, showed his vulnerability against Chael.  I think that if there was an Anderson/Chael rematch, it would be a toss up.  There are no toss up fights for GSP at 170...

This is a good point. 

You know i'm not a huge fan, but i give GSP props.  Would like to see him finish though.  For that reason, (lack of ever finishing) i don't think he is the best p4p ever.  The way in which a fighter wins should be taken into consideration.  Anyone can just sit back a play defense.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 11:09:44 AM »
how many canadiens in this thread?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 11:18:52 AM »
how many canadiens in this thread?

Not me.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 01:48:55 PM »
This is a good point. 

You know i'm not a huge fan, but i give GSP props.  Would like to see him finish though.  For that reason, (lack of ever finishing) i don't think he is the best p4p ever.  The way in which a fighter wins should be taken into consideration.  Anyone can just sit back a play defense.

I agree with this. GSP is a great fighter, but his "safe" style, especially in fights where he is dominating, is going to keep him out of the best P4P ever.

It would be much different if he was in wars that still went to decisions.

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 03:02:42 PM »
I agree with this. GSP is a great fighter, but his "safe" style, especially in fights where he is dominating, is going to keep him out of the best P4P ever.

It would be much different if he was in wars that still went to decisions.

I disagree.  Did you see his fight with Jon Fitch?  It was a battle.  Fitch simply wouldn't give in but his face was a bloody pulp by the end.  Same with the Kos fight, most fighters would have given up, but Kos stayed in there and took a fucking shellacking.  I didn't see any cautious, defensive fighting from GSP, he took the fights to those guys.  He beat BJ Penn so badly he threw in the towel in between rounds.  St Pierre fights aggressively.  He's no Chuck Liddell when it comes to knocking guys out, but he has so many ways to win.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 03:59:40 PM »
I disagree.  Did you see his fight with Jon Fitch?  It was a battle.  Fitch simply wouldn't give in but his face was a bloody pulp by the end.  Same with the Kos fight, most fighters would have given up, but Kos stayed in there and took a fucking shellacking.  I didn't see any cautious, defensive fighting from GSP, he took the fights to those guys.  He beat BJ Penn so badly he threw in the towel in between rounds.  St Pierre fights aggressively.  He's no Chuck Liddell when it comes to knocking guys out, but he has so many ways to win.

I agree with you on the Fitch fight. He had Koscheck's eye shut in the first round and he was afraid to do anything besides safely jabe the rest of the fight. Smart fighting by GSP.  He had Hardy on the ground for almost 5 rds and Hardy has zero wrestling or JJ and he still ccouldn't finish.

GSP is a badass, but he is becoming more of a safe fighter and he's terrified of losing after the Serra KO.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 05:13:11 PM »
I agree with you on the Fitch fight. He had Koscheck's eye shut in the first round and he was afraid to do anything besides safely jabe the rest of the fight. Smart fighting by GSP.  He had Hardy on the ground for almost 5 rds and Hardy has zero wrestling or JJ and he still ccouldn't finish.

GSP is a badass, but he is becoming more of a safe fighter and he's terrified of losing after the Serra KO.

Koscheck's face is still numb from the beating that GSP gave him.  He is still in no condition to fight.  Still hasn't fully recovered!  The reason GSP is not finishing fights is because he is going up against the best fighters in what is probably the most competitive division in the UFC.  Anderson has had easier opponents as a middle weight, than GSP has had at 170. 
w

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 09:01:34 PM »

wonder if they had a three-way or if GSP was too scared to do something like that?

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 06:28:50 AM »
wonder if they had a three-way or if GSP was too scared to do something like that?

If it were Jake Shields he would have sent the chick home and just gone down on Bones Jones!  LOL

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 03:54:35 PM »
If it were Jake Shields he would have sent the chick home and just gone down on Bones Jones!  LOL

QFT
w