Author Topic: Couple of Mr Os showing conditioned 17 inch guns  (Read 19052 times)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Couple of Mr Os showing conditioned 17 inch guns
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2011, 03:53:01 PM »
19.5" hanging by his side I would believe. My arms are over 19" pumped and his dominate mine!

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2011, 03:59:32 PM »
I have read 20" to 24" It is still a big fuckin arm.

Supposedly the first 20'' muscular arm measured. I've never heard that he claimed them to be 24". I've met Leroy several times. Really nice guy.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011, 04:03:08 PM »
lot of people call zane a swimmer, while he wasnt a mass monster in his day, he wasnt exactly tiny

taller than bannout, roughly same weight, about the same size as robby, I dont hear anyone calling them small

and carried perfectly developed muscles with perfect proportions, and symmetry, in his era, he was the best built man around.

Zane was FAR from perfect. .you nipple

Alex23

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 04:07:07 PM »

exactly.. very very far from it...  very ectomorphic and one dimensional.. the guy literally disappeared when turning sideways.. that's how he 'shnuck' in between arnold and franco during posedown..

smaller men love to "imagine" they "reach" "his" shape... stringy and no bellies... but hey achieveable for "them" ;D

thenumberis666

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2011, 04:09:44 PM »
Wasn't it 21?

He claimed 21". Thats it.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 07:42:06 PM »
Ok, I don't have exact measurements of course, but they must be around that size. From 1980 Mr Olympia. Before growth hormona and insulina, a conditioned, dry 17 inch arm was a big deal.
their arms were much bigger.

I would dissapear next to these guys and I have a "dry, conditioned" 17

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 08:19:01 PM »
Think it was Ellington Arden who measured them. Well know fact.

Ellington Darden, by the command of Mr. Jones.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 08:22:33 PM »
Arm measurements are defo blown out of proportion. Mike Mentzer by his own admission had 18 3/4 inch arms at 5'8".

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2011, 08:26:22 PM »
A man such as Arnold, with a large bone structure would possess much larger muscles at the same body weight as man with a smaller frame.  I have seen this in person.  Having met Arnold, Draper and Zane, I can definitely state that Arnold and Draper were both men blessed with above average skeletal size.  Zane's frame was of course much smaller but he still built one of, if not the, as many hold true, best physiques ever. 

Another example of skeletal superiority would be the size and shape of a man's rib cage.  Both Arnold and Mike Katz each had large, one might say, "voluminous" rib cages.  This would give them an advantage in building pure chest size at any given body weight.  Just look at all the talk of "small" clavicles here on this board and you'd be hard pressed to deny the logic behind the truth of a skeletal foundation.  While it does seem that GH helps to alter or even grow one's skeleton, what nature has given men like Arnold, Draper Katz, Ferrigno and other truly big men cannot be denied.

Many talk of muscle belly length and the like and that is also a contributing factor to overall muscular size but the foundation upon which all that muscle must be built must be capable of supporting greater than average size and strength.  Small joints and muscle insertion points are genetic factors too, but again if you have a skeleton like a small bird ("AHEM"!  ;D) its highly unlikely you're ever going to approach the size of the Oak.   Vince Gironda used to say "Train for shape and size will surely follow", but only to the extent allowed by your framework.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2011, 09:09:59 PM »
19.5" hanging by his side I would believe. My arms are over 19" pumped and his dominate mine!

I like you man, coz you are a good man and you have a good soul, so I ain't hating on you here. But there is a pretty big difference between a conditioned arm 5-6% bodyfat, and a fit arm 8-12% bodyfat.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011, 02:59:36 AM »
exactly.. very very far from it...  very ectomorphic and one dimensional.. the guy literally disappeared when turning sideways.. that's how he 'shnuck' in between arnold and franco during posedown..
smaller men love to "imagine" they "reach" "his" shape... stringy and no bellies... but hey achieveable for "them" ;D
yes, a lot of people deluded to think they could look like zane

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011, 03:27:21 AM »
I like you man, coz you are a good man and you have a good soul, so I ain't hating on you here. But there is a pretty big difference between a conditioned arm 5-6% bodyfat, and a fit arm 8-12% bodyfat.
Big dumb john is that and the fuck he has ever been close to 8%

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2011, 03:32:45 AM »
yes, a lot of people deluded to think they could look like zane
Exactly, his whole proportions ratios were phenomenal and ideal for bodybuilding, one by one body part may be not impressive, but it's about the complete package.

do you have any off season pics of Zane?
and did he ever went heavy during the off season?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2011, 03:35:17 AM »
Yet he was a Mr O 

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2011, 03:48:21 AM »
Exactly, his whole proportions ratios were phenomenal and ideal for bodybuilding, one by one body part may be not impressive, but it's about the complete package.

do you have any off season pics of Zane?
and did he ever went heavy during the off season?
I believe he lost weight off season, and worked up to the contest

when he was younger he was not as sharp, and appeared heavier

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2011, 04:40:01 AM »
Zane looked way better when he was fatter.

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2011, 04:56:00 AM »
Was Arthur Jones, not Arden - Here we go:-

jones measured arnolds off season right arm at 19.75 inches (apparently 'slightly pumped'),

franco's at 16.75 inches cold

sergio's at 20.5 inches cold

viator's at 19.5 inches cold

Arnie arms 19" hahahaha...... ??? ??? ???

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 09:43:05 AM »

Oh I agree etc but this is me comparing thickness and the size of arm to head etc. Honestly believe his arms were larger. Just had to be I think. Cheers though for kind words!

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 09:43:53 AM »
Big dumb john is that and the fuck he has ever been close to 8%

When I started training I was close to it.

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 09:48:11 AM »
are we talkin flexed or relaxed?

arthur jones messured straight relext arm

so 19.75 is easily 21-22 flexed and pumped up

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2011, 06:50:55 PM »
exactly.. very very far from it...  very ectomorphic and one dimensional.. the guy literally disappeared when turning sideways.. that's how he 'shnuck' in between arnold and franco during posedown..

Three (3) time Mr.Olympia when the title actually meant something.  Possessing one of, if not the most aesthetic physiques to have walked the earth.  Highly articulate and educated with a beautiful and intelligent wife.  Successful businessman/entrepreneur.  Still in excellent condition now entering his late 60s.   And...

And you were/are...? 

One of us guys, here on Getbig.com just blathering away along with the rest of us.  If its any consolation I would bet dollars to donuts you've got a superior physique to me.  Later, kiddo. ;D

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2011, 06:12:09 AM »

Who's the second from the right?

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2011, 08:33:49 AM »
Who's the second from the right?

Serge Jacobs.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2011, 10:14:47 AM »
Three (3) time Mr.Olympia when the title actually meant something.  Possessing one of, if not the most aesthetic physiques to have walked the earth.  Highly articulate and educated with a beautiful and intelligent wife.  Successful businessman/entrepreneur.  Still in excellent condition now entering his late 60s.   And...

And you were/are...? 

One of us guys, here on Getbig.com just blathering away along with the rest of us.  If its any consolation I would bet dollars to donuts you've got a superior physique to me.  Later, kiddo. ;D

Arnold, Arnold, please. Stop flattering yourself..

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2011, 10:19:44 AM »
Arnold, Arnold, please. Stop flattering yourself..

I was referring to Frank Zane, not Arnold. ;D