Author Topic: what was the last film(s) you watched?  (Read 186003 times)

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
Re: what was the last film(s) you watched?
« Reply #400 on: February 10, 2014, 10:22:22 PM »
A disturbing little opus called "Farinelli."

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #401 on: February 11, 2014, 10:21:49 AM »
Full Metal Jacket, last 2 nights. It was on TV both times so i figured it would be rude to ignore a timeless classic. Expendables prior to that.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #402 on: February 25, 2014, 12:06:36 PM »
Silver Linings Playbook

Great song at end of film (where everyone would be walking out of the theater)

That woman has soul!

Unedited version

:

bern

• Getbig II
« Reply #403 on: March 26, 2014, 04:00:07 AM »
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

afton

• Getbig II
« Reply #404 on: June 14, 2014, 03:38:04 AM »
I watched new films:
Divergent.2014 - 7/10
Now You See Me.2014 - 8/10
The.Hunger.Games.Catchin g.Fire.2013 - 10/10

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #405 on: September 07, 2014, 04:55:02 PM »
PIECES (1982) - a thoroughly entertaining, but totally batshit crazy italian slasher film. it starts with a young lad axing his mother to death and then cutting her to pieces with a saw after she destroys the jigsaw puzzle he was putting together. the police, along with a nosy neighbour soon come along, and our lad craftily blags his way out of being fingered for offing his dear ol' ma.

fast forward some years and there's a spate of gruesome murders on a university campus somewhere in boston where the (sexy female) victims are being attacked by a chainsaw wielding psycho who is apparently chopping off and keeping various body parts for which we later find out is for a rather macabre human jigsaw puzzle.

enter the clueless police, who in their increasing desperation to catch the killer, enlist the help of a male student to do their detective work for them. he's partnered with a female cop who is working undercover as the tennis coach (she's fucking useless at tennis  ;D).

oh, and then there's the utterly bizarre kung fu scene that just comes the fuck out of nowhere and leaves you wondering, 'why did that happen?'.

anyway, there's sex, nudity, and gore aplenty with great special effects in this odd but fun film.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #406 on: September 22, 2014, 04:11:14 PM »
EDGE OF TOMORROW (2014) - GROUNDHOG DAY meets THE MATRIX meets STARSHIP TROOPERS in this highly entertaining, scifi blockbuster, starring tom cruise (who is awesome btw), as an unwilling recruit sent to the front to fight some alien force that has attacked and conquered most of europe. hopelessly out of his depth in battle, the inevitable soon happens that results in a rather strange twist of fate for cruise. i won't say anymore for risking spoilers.

great action, some very funny laugh out loud moments, and of course, bill paxton 8) oh, and emily blunt was kickass too even though she's fugly.

8/10

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #407 on: September 23, 2014, 03:07:56 PM »
THE MALIBU BIKINI SHOP (1986) - the last time i watched this on video, i spent most of the film hoping that my erection would go unnoticed ;D fortunately, or maybe unfortunately. i had no such worries this time.

a little dated but was still surprisingly fun to watch. 6/10

i swear, nobody does cheese and feel good quite like the 80s did 8)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: September 23, 2014, 05:48:36 PM »
Martha Marcy May Marlene (2011). Netflixed it. One of the better recent films no one's heard of.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #409 on: September 26, 2014, 02:42:13 PM »
Had no idea Stanley Kubrick grew up in New York. Thought for sure he was a lifelong Brit.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #410 on: September 26, 2014, 04:41:36 PM »
Had no idea Stanley Kubrick grew up in New York. Thought for sure he was a lifelong Brit.

i'm more amazed that he created vietnam in the east end of london

and the landscape of 'nam in rural kent

parriss island, south carolina

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2301064/How-Stanley-Kubrick-transformed-genteel-Highclere-mansion-Hollywood-hothouse-fear-flying.html

apparently, once here, he got rather used to having his arse kissed ;D

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #411 on: September 28, 2014, 12:41:49 PM »
CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS (1953) - the city is chicago. we get to peek at the underbelly of the city for one night only. we follow an honest but jaded cop who's ready to throw it all in for a nightclub dame and a chance to follow his dream. only things don't pan out as expected when he is partnered for the night by a police officer he's never seen before.

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE meets noir. 7/10

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: September 28, 2014, 01:22:19 PM »
Looking forward to Fincher's Gone Girl, but I'm finishing the book first. Very interesting read so far.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #413 on: September 29, 2014, 02:31:07 PM »
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST (2014) - excellent. kicking myself that we missed seeing it at the pictures. 9/10

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #414 on: October 12, 2014, 09:24:18 AM »
The Howling Reborn. This movie fucking sucked. All the greatness of the original The Howling was not present at all. Instead it seemed like they tried turning it into some sort of Twilight-esque bullshit. Do not recommend at all.

The Legend of Hercules. Another dud. The guy they picked out to be Hercules just has no acting ability. As you can tell, as he seems to portray Hercules as if he had downs syndrome. Also, his strength in the movie is inconsistent at best. Sometimes being able to pull superhuman feats and others seemingly being weaker than a normal human. I don't recommend at all.

Dallas Buyers Club. Awesome flick!! Wasn't a fan of Matthew McConaughey at all, until I saw this movie. I couldn't help but wonder where was this guy's acting ability before? Because he stepped up his game and knocked this role right out of the park. Highly recommended!!

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #415 on: October 12, 2014, 02:01:46 PM »
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION (2014) - man, these films get fucking boring after an hour or so then you see there's another fucking two hours to go :'(

even the eye candy is getting worse

EDIT: i forgot to mention just how tedious i found the human interest story in this. just what was the point of the fella playing her boyfriend ???

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #416 on: October 12, 2014, 05:23:04 PM »
godzilla...

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: November 02, 2014, 11:38:11 AM »
DELIVER US FROM EVIL (2014) - started of promising then after after forty minutes or so i realised that it's just not gonna get good at all. and then there's THE DOORS songs ??? and a laughable exorcism. 3/10

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #418 on: November 02, 2014, 12:14:43 PM »
St. Vincent, enjoyed it quite a bit. Bill Murray was excellent once again.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: November 02, 2014, 01:41:53 PM »
THE ASPHALT JUNGLE (1950) - a perfectly planned and executed robbery has dire repercussions for all involved after a double cross and murder. 9/10 

ZOMBEAVERS (2014) - it does exactly what it says on the tin! zombie beavers!! 6/10

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #420 on: November 04, 2014, 07:32:43 AM »
DELIVER US FROM EVIL (2014) - started of promising then after after forty minutes or so i realised that it's just not gonna get good at all. and then there's THE DOORS songs ??? and a laughable exorcism. 3/10

Well that's sad to read. I was excited to see this one. Thought it might be good.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #421 on: November 08, 2014, 10:38:42 PM »
The Stonehearst Asylum. Don't think it hit theaters yet, but saw it today On Demand. Very well done, hoping Brad Anderson is back on his game again (Session 9, The Machinist, Transsiberian, then some duds). Has a Shutter Island feel with a few jarring twists, but the story, far as I can tell, is uniquely its own. Highly recommended.

Also finishing up Child of God, a Cormac McCarthy book adapted by James Franco. Just arrived on Netflix and seems pretty faithful to the novel. Dark and twisted, as one would expect from the author, but a must-see for a McCarthy fans.

Has anyone seen a psychological thriller (maybe horror) called Triangle? Heard good things, so I got that and Martyrs on deck. Don't recall being overwhelmed by the latter, but talk here lately has me wanting to give it a second try.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: January 11, 2015, 03:58:43 PM »
ANNABELLE (2014) - sigh!

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #423 on: January 11, 2015, 04:00:21 PM »
The Stonehearst Asylum. Don't think it hit theaters yet, but saw it today On Demand. Very well done, hoping Brad Anderson is back on his game again (Session 9, The Machinist, Transsiberian, then some duds). Has a Shutter Island feel with a few jarring twists, but the story, far as I can tell, is uniquely its own. Highly recommended.

Also finishing up Child of God, a Cormac McCarthy book adapted by James Franco. Just arrived on Netflix, and seems pretty faithful to the novel. Dark and twisted, as one would expect from the author, but a must-see for a CCarthy fans.

Has anyone seen a psychological thriller (maybe horror?) called Triangle? Heard good things, so I got that and Martyrs on deck. Don't recall being overwhelmed by the ladder, but talk here lately has me wanting to give it a second try.

yes. thought it was a rather good mind fuck

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #424 on: June 12, 2015, 10:31:32 PM »
got bored of the football last night so stuck on rambo 4.

still got a lump in my throat at the last scene  :'(

followed that with 'the descent'

Mad Max...Highest rated movie of 2015 so far and it was amazing IMO i rec anyone to watch it doesn't matter what type of movie is your forte